“Great Hotel”

Ranked #15 of 34 Hotels in Ann Arbor
dekalb
“Great Hotel”
Reviewed April 16, 2005

This Holiday Inn Express was one of the best hotels we've stayed in lately (and we do a lot of travelling). We reserved a king jr. suite via their internet site and were pleasantly surprised.
After reading one of the reviews about the reservation dilema, I called the hotel the afternoon of our arrival and explained that we would not be arriving until 10:00pm. and that I wanted to be sure we would have the jr. suite upon our arrival. The desk clerk was very happy to help and preassigned us a room (giving me the exact room # we would be staying in). Check in was no problem when we got there. Everything was perfect.

I'm not sure if this hotel has been recently renovated but our room was in pristine condition. The bathroom looked new and there were absolutely no stains (mildew, etc.) anywhere.
We were travelling with a baby so the jr. suite had plenty of room for her to crawl around in. It also had a mini frig., microwave, couch, small dinette set, and sink.
The hotel offers an above average continental breakfast consisting of cereals, all sorts of pastries, french toast, boiled eggs, fruit, coffee, and juices. There is something for everyone. We were travelling part business, part leisure and noticed that almost everyone there looked to be business travellers.
The hotel is in a great location, set back from the highway, next to the mall, and a straight shot to the university.
The hotel also has an indoor pool, although it is not heated, it isn't all that cold, but the hot tub was great.
I would definately recommend this hotel to anyone travelling to Ann Arbor. The price was comperable to other hotels in the area and we were not disappointed. Had a great stay and will definately stay here again.

• Stayed April 2005, traveled on business
3 Thank go0fydg

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Indianapolis
Reviewed February 14, 2005

I arrived into Ann Arbor late Thursday 01/20/2005. I didn't have a reservation for the hotel. The parking lot looked about 50% full. So I parked the car and walked into the hotel. They have two doors - an outer door and a secured door - so I had to use the speaker system to talk to the lady at the front desk (she could see me through the door).

The front desk lady asked if I had a reservation and I said I didn't . She said the hotel was full for the night.

I then walked out to the parking lot and got back into my rental car and called 800 HOLIDAY and asked if there were rooms available at Holiday Inn Express Ann Arbor. The reservations person said yes and booked my hotel room for one night (01/20/2005).

I walked backed into the hotel and the lady looked at me and I pressed the buzzer. She asked what I needed - I responded with I have a reservation number for your hotel now.

I was not very pleased by the attitude of the staff (lazy?).

Hotel facilities: Great breakfast buffet. Good Internet connectivity.

6 Thank bowdenj
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 4, 2001

Very nice accommodations. Has a great continental breakfast selection. Hotel is fairly new, clean and prices are good for this area. I would stay here again on my next visit.

7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ann Arbor West
Hampton Inn Ann Arbor-South
Hampton Inn Ann Arbor-South
#13 of 34 in Ann Arbor

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ann Arbor? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ann Arbor

Property: Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ann Arbor
Address: 600 Briarwood Circle, Ann Arbor, MI 48108
Location: United States > Michigan > Ann Arbor
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Restaurant Room Service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #15 of 34 Hotels in Ann Arbor
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ann Arbor 2.5*
Just two miles South of the University of Michigan, near I-94, the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ann Arbor offers a convenient location for Ann Arbor's visitors. Whether visiting Ann Arbor's growing campus or city center, the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ann Arbor is only 5 minutes away from most destinations including athletic and performing arts venues. We are located next door to a major regional shopping mall and an easy 22 mile drive West from the Detroit Metropolitan Airport. Hotel features include complimentary continental breakfast and free local phone calls. Enjoy a unique breakfast experience at our new Express Start Breakfast Bar served every morning featuring a selection of fruits, juices, cereals, breads/pastries, and even hard boiled eggs. We have also created the world's best tasting cinnamon roll. Visit Ann Arbor, MI and stay smart at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ann Arbor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Holiday Inn Express Ann Arbor Hotel Ann Arbor