Extended Stay America - Detroit - Ann Arbor - University South
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Amazing Expierence”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2012

I recently stayed here to visit my daughter and my stay was amazing! I did not have a reserveration and the staff went above and beyond to accomdate me. My room was comfortable and clean. This was an excellent value. Moreover, Alan was very helpful. I would recomend it to anyone looking in the area. My only regret is that I couldn't stay longer.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
RDO_Sarah_L, Owner at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Ann Arbor - University South, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Thank you for your kind review. I am so happy it worked out so you to stay with us in Ann Arbor. i appreciate you sharing your experience. We would love to have you back on your next trip to Ann Arbor.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2012

I recently stayed here because I was in town for a game at The Big House against the Spartans (Go BLUE!!) and was very pleased and impressed with the hotel and the customer service. Everyone was extremely friendly from the front desk staff (especially Alisha & Alan--I hope I spelled her name right) to the housekeeping staff. I stay in hotels frequently and nothing turns me off more than having unpleasant people at the front desk, but that wasn't the case here. There room was a nice size for me and my best friend and the rates were good! The location was also very convenient to where I needed to go. I would definitely come back here again and look forward to being greeted by the warm staff.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
I wanted to personally respond to your kind review. Thank you for posting it. It's very rewarding to hear you say great things about our service. We are committed to making every guest experience a great one so I am happy to hear we delivered. We do hope to have you back for another U of M game soon. Thank you again.
Grandville, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2012

Very helpful staff, always there when you need them. Alan is a wonderful person to do business with and Ashley is so very helpful with scheduling my rooms in advance; I don't worry about not having a place to stay when I am in town.
However this hotel needs more luggage carts, 2 just isn't enough. Also larger pots for cooking, skillets, baking pans for oven use as well.
This hotel is like my second home away from home. Great staff!

Room Tip: Corner Suites are the best for sure, but all the room are very confortable.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
RDO_Sarah_L, Owner at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Ann Arbor - University South, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Thank you for your recent posting of your stay with us. I really appreciate you sharing your feedback. It's always rewarding to hear our staff taking such good care of your guests. I apologize for any inconvenience with the luggage carts. We will definitely take that into consideration along with your suggestion about our pots and pans. Thank you for your business.
Ferndale, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2012

I made a trip to volunteer with a organization that I was a part of when I went to college. The room I stayed it was such a great convenience to me. Usually I just drive a few hours to campus and drive home, but this time I decided I'd stay the night because I was tired.

The Hotel was very conveniently located and I was able to book a room the day of. The staff was courteous, and the person I talked to on the phone was able to help me find a room that was available and in my price range. After a long day of volunteering, I was able to retire to my room. I found the bathroom very meticulously cleaned, fresh linen, and everything you expect from a room you expect to be able to fully relax in. In the morning, breakfast was a plus. I'd recommend (and I already have) to any of my friends.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
RDO_Sarah_L, Owner at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Ann Arbor - University South, responded to this review, November 3, 2012
Thank you very much for your kind review. First of all, I commend you on your volunteer efforts. That is wonderful of you to do. Secondly, I am so happy to hear our hotel in Ann Arbor worked out perfectly for you. Thank you for sharing your glowing feedback and thank you as well for your recommendations to others. We do hope to see you in Ann Arbor again soon.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2012

Thank you for the great service. Your staff is very well trained and my family and I will certainly return on our next trip to your area. I've been to plenty of hotels and I know when I see and experience a well trained staff. As I am a manager, I know the staff is a reflection of the person managing them. Thanks again for being superb! It is and always will be, appreciated.

Thanks again!

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank Jentomi
RDO_Sarah_L, Owner at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Ann Arbor - University South, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Thank you for your recent posting. We appreciate your feedback very much. I am so happy to hear that you received such great service. We work hard to provide exceptional guest service for our guests so you sharing your experience with us is invaluable. Thank you again for staying with us.
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2012

I had a great time while staying at this particular hotel. They were able to accommodate my needs and their customer service was very efficient. I would recommend this place to anyone who needs a quite place to stay while on business or vacation.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your recent review of your stay with us. I'm glad to hear our location worked out so well for you and you were treated great on top of that! Thank you for choosing our hotel and we hope to have you back again soon.
Battle Creek, Michigan, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2012

I have the occassion to visit Ann Arbor several times a year. For the value stay, I stay at the Boardwalk Extended Stay. Great space, good amenities and a very reasonable price. It is near the mall and freeway.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. It sounds like our location works out very well for you when you travel to Ann Arbor. Thank you for your continued business. We appreciate having you as our guest.