Extended Stay America - Detroit - Ann Arbor - University South
Reviewed November 16, 2012

Very helpful staff, always there when you need them. Alan is a wonderful person to do business with and Ashley is so very helpful with scheduling my rooms in advance; I don't worry about not having a place to stay when I am in town.
However this hotel needs more luggage carts, 2 just isn't enough. Also larger pots for cooking, skillets, baking pans for oven use as well.
This hotel is like my second home away from home. Great staff!

Room Tip: Corner Suites are the best for sure, but all the room are very confortable.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
RDO_Sarah_L, Owner at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Ann Arbor - University South, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2012

Thank you for your recent posting of your stay with us. I really appreciate you sharing your feedback. It's always rewarding to hear our staff taking such good care of your guests. I apologize for any inconvenience with the luggage carts. We will definitely take that into consideration along with your suggestion about our pots and pans. Thank you for your business.

Reviewed October 30, 2012

I made a trip to volunteer with a organization that I was a part of when I went to college. The room I stayed it was such a great convenience to me. Usually I just drive a few hours to campus and drive home, but this time I decided I'd stay the night because I was tired.

The Hotel was very conveniently located and I was able to book a room the day of. The staff was courteous, and the person I talked to on the phone was able to help me find a room that was available and in my price range. After a long day of volunteering, I was able to retire to my room. I found the bathroom very meticulously cleaned, fresh linen, and everything you expect from a room you expect to be able to fully relax in. In the morning, breakfast was a plus. I'd recommend (and I already have) to any of my friends.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
RDO_Sarah_L, Owner at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Ann Arbor - University South, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2012

Thank you very much for your kind review. First of all, I commend you on your volunteer efforts. That is wonderful of you to do. Secondly, I am so happy to hear our hotel in Ann Arbor worked out perfectly for you. Thank you for sharing your glowing feedback and thank you as well for your recommendations to others. We do hope to see you in Ann Arbor again soon.

Reviewed October 30, 2012

Thank you for the great service. Your staff is very well trained and my family and I will certainly return on our next trip to your area. I've been to plenty of hotels and I know when I see and experience a well trained staff. As I am a manager, I know the staff is a reflection of the person managing them. Thanks again for being superb! It is and always will be, appreciated.

Thanks again!

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank Jentomi
RDO_Sarah_L, Owner at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Ann Arbor - University South, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2012

Thank you for your recent posting. We appreciate your feedback very much. I am so happy to hear that you received such great service. We work hard to provide exceptional guest service for our guests so you sharing your experience with us is invaluable. Thank you again for staying with us.

Reviewed October 30, 2012

I had a great time while staying at this particular hotel. They were able to accommodate my needs and their customer service was very efficient. I would recommend this place to anyone who needs a quite place to stay while on business or vacation.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for your recent review of your stay with us. I'm glad to hear our location worked out so well for you and you were treated great on top of that! Thank you for choosing our hotel and we hope to have you back again soon.

Reviewed October 30, 2012

I have the occassion to visit Ann Arbor several times a year. For the value stay, I stay at the Boardwalk Extended Stay. Great space, good amenities and a very reasonable price. It is near the mall and freeway.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. It sounds like our location works out very well for you when you travel to Ann Arbor. Thank you for your continued business. We appreciate having you as our guest.

Reviewed October 30, 2012

I truly enjoyed my stay at the hotel. The customer service was great! I enjoyed the room and amenities. The hotel is very accommodating and family friendly. I truly loved the wireless internet and the parking. I would recommend this hotel to my family and friends.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends

Thank you for your review. We really appreciate your feedback as it helps us to continue to provide great service to our guests. I'm thrilled to hear the room and our amenities worked out so well for you, especially our wireless and complimentary parking. Thank you again for sharing and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed October 13, 2012

we have been staying here for more than a year

The room is spacious and has all the necessary amenities for a long haul.The crockery and cutlery is an added bonus.
The hotel is strategically located, near to malls, bus stop eating joints, library etc
Must mention the new Patio that has been upgraded has become a favorite place to sit and relax.with brand new chairs and tables
the area is quite welcoming and had some wonderful dinners with friends.

The staff is courteous and my thanks to Ashley, Tracy and Alisha in the Front desk. Also Steve has been prompt and fixed maintenance issue
He surely acknowledges every guest and is valuable to the company.
But my sincere compliment to Jason, who has handled issues with tact and has been instrumental in having us not move out to an apartment
Ensuring that as a long stay we have been valued and to make certain that we have had a comfortable stay.

As the name suggests its ideal for longer period of stay even better to stay here than an apartment since there is absolute convenience
one payment takes care of all (electricity,telephone,wifi,heat,security) and the facility of the kitchen enables you not to miss home cooking.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Sarah L, Owner at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Ann Arbor - University South, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2012

Thank you for your glowing review of your stay at our Deluxe in Ann Arbor. Your feedback was wonderful and I appreciate you taking the time to post it. We are committed to providing excellent guest service and it appears our staff did just that. I'm happy to hear you enjoy the upgrades to the patio area. It does make a nice area to spend some time. Thank you again for your continued business. We appreciate having you with us.