Extended Stay America - Detroit - Ann Arbor - University South
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great Experience”
Reviewed October 30, 2012

I had a great time while staying at this particular hotel. They were able to accommodate my needs and their customer service was very efficient. I would recommend this place to anyone who needs a quite place to stay while on business or vacation.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
RDO_Sarah_L, Owner at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Ann Arbor - University South, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Thank you for your recent review of your stay with us. I'm glad to hear our location worked out so well for you and you were treated great on top of that! Thank you for choosing our hotel and we hope to have you back again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Battle Creek, Michigan, United States
Reviewed October 30, 2012

I have the occassion to visit Ann Arbor several times a year. For the value stay, I stay at the Boardwalk Extended Stay. Great space, good amenities and a very reasonable price. It is near the mall and freeway.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. It sounds like our location works out very well for you when you travel to Ann Arbor. Thank you for your continued business. We appreciate having you as our guest.
Lansing, Michigan
Reviewed October 30, 2012

I truly enjoyed my stay at the hotel. The customer service was great! I enjoyed the room and amenities. The hotel is very accommodating and family friendly. I truly loved the wireless internet and the parking. I would recommend this hotel to my family and friends.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for your review. We really appreciate your feedback as it helps us to continue to provide great service to our guests. I'm thrilled to hear the room and our amenities worked out so well for you, especially our wireless and complimentary parking. Thank you again for sharing and we hope to see you again soon.
New Delhi, India
Reviewed October 13, 2012

we have been staying here for more than a year

The room is spacious and has all the necessary amenities for a long haul.The crockery and cutlery is an added bonus.
The hotel is strategically located, near to malls, bus stop eating joints, library etc
Must mention the new Patio that has been upgraded has become a favorite place to sit and relax.with brand new chairs and tables
the area is quite welcoming and had some wonderful dinners with friends.

The staff is courteous and my thanks to Ashley, Tracy and Alisha in the Front desk. Also Steve has been prompt and fixed maintenance issue
He surely acknowledges every guest and is valuable to the company.
But my sincere compliment to Jason, who has handled issues with tact and has been instrumental in having us not move out to an apartment
Ensuring that as a long stay we have been valued and to make certain that we have had a comfortable stay.

As the name suggests its ideal for longer period of stay even better to stay here than an apartment since there is absolute convenience
one payment takes care of all (electricity,telephone,wifi,heat,security) and the facility of the kitchen enables you not to miss home cooking.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Sarah L, Owner at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Ann Arbor - University South, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Thank you for your glowing review of your stay at our Deluxe in Ann Arbor. Your feedback was wonderful and I appreciate you taking the time to post it. We are committed to providing excellent guest service and it appears our staff did just that. I'm happy to hear you enjoy the upgrades to the patio area. It does make a nice area to spend some time. Thank you again for your continued business. We appreciate having you with us.
Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States
Reviewed October 10, 2012

This is best i got and in good price. Best this is that kitchen that include everything microwave, jumbo refrigerator, dish washer etc and i like size of room that is perfect fit for a family of 2-4. Hotel staff is very helpfull and cooperative.

Room Tip: south side rooms have moresun shine, and good for winter
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Sarah L, Owner at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Ann Arbor - University South, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Thank you for your review. I'm happy our hotel layout worked out so well for you and your family. We appreciate you choosing our hotel and we do hope to have you back if you are ever in the Ann Arbor area again.
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Reviewed October 9, 2012

I have the experience of leaving at ESD (AA) for more than a year now. Its a fun place to stay, where the rooms are neatly done and the hotel houses a caring staff. Even the managers and senior managers are easily approachable and any concerns or issues that I have had was promptly dealt with to my satisfaction. Its always good to have people around you (especially at hotels) who take the time to listen to you and and then do things as per your satisfaction and I had my best experience while staying here, where the staff even went out of the way to help me and I was amazed at the care they took.

So whenever I come back next time to Ann Arbor, I will be staying at Extended Stay Deluxe.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Sarah L, Owner at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Ann Arbor - University South, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to write such wonderful things about your experience. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. I am thrilled you enjoyed your time with us in Ann Arbor and I hope you will stay with us again on your next trip. Thank you again so much for your business and your review.
Spring Green, Wisconsin
Reviewed September 27, 2012

For a living i stay in alot of hotels. This one could be good with a little tlc but for now it has alot of little problems. The kitchen has a pot and 1 pan that the handels are about to fall off, the dishes i had to re wash, The stove burners are bent and do not lay flat with the stove tob.
The recliner in the room is broke it will not sit in the up position, The room cleaning was making the bed, they did not vacum or take out the trash. Most Extended stay hotels have a grill to use on the patio so i asked about it and the clerk said it was locked in the patio storage building and guest were not aloud to use it.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Sarah L, Owner at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Ann Arbor - University South, responded to this review, October 4, 2012
Thank you for your posting. I appreciate you sharing your experience. I want to apologize for the issues you experienced with your room. I completely understand how that would be frustrating and unacceptable. I have met with the hotel staff to discuss the issues with the dishes, pots/pans, stove burners and recliner and am confident these issues were addressed. I am so sorry that happened to you. I want to lastly apologize for the confusion with the grill. That should not have been the case, please accept my apologies. Again your feedback helps us do a better job of taking care of our guests and providing a great guest experience. So again, thank you. Please do not hesitate to reach out to me with further questions or concerns.