“Nice place to stay”

Ranked #23 of 34 Hotels in Ann Arbor
Reno, Nevada
“Nice place to stay”
Reviewed October 27, 2011

This hotel is half-way between average and very good. Surprisingly, in this university town, it is hard to find a decent hotel at a reasonable price. We've stayed at several others over the past three years, but the Fairfield Inn is the one we will come back to. The rooms are very clean. Bedding is sheet-covered duvet which is nice for those of us who dislike bedspreads. Beds were comfortable. The vanity is in the room with the toilet and bathtub/shower separate. That's nice when trying to get ready in the morning. There is a pool and free breakfast. We were given a room on the first floor very close to the breakfast/lounge area, and I was concerned about the noise as there was a team staying in the hotel at the same time. Fortunately, it was no problem.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank KDRaknm

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Akron
Reviewed October 16, 2011

My boyfriend and I dance Argentine Tango and travel to Ann ARbor for a dance weekend about four times a year. Most of the time, we stay at the Fairfield so that I can accumulate Mariott points, and it is the most affordable and easiest toy, book out of all the Mariott hotels in Ann Arbor. The rooms are clean, the lobby is decent and the parking lot is well lit. We usually cut through the Sheraton parking lot and other restaurant parking lots to access the feeder road, because it is a goofy location. The last time I stayed there, I was not pleased with the cleanliness of my room, but the manager gave me a discount to entice me back. Usually, my room is clean as I would expect from a Fairfield. This is also a family hotel, lots of traveling baseball, hockey teams stay here.

Room Tip: If you have to park near the pool, your key will provide easy access to the back door, which is very...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed October 13, 2011

This hotel was a little hard to find, having to drive through the parking lots of two other chain hotels. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Our room was on the small side, with the sink just outside the bathroom in the main part of the room.
I could get no internet connection in the room, even though it worked just fine in the lobby.

Room Tip: Check for wifi before unpacking.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Independence, Missouri
Reviewed September 19, 2011

I have stayed at this hotel twice for 3 and then 5 nights. Everything meets at least the minimum requirements for me for a business trip.

There is coffee almost 24 hours per day. They have breakfast although I would not consider the variety extensive. The hotel and room were clean. The heating and cooling worked great. I needed both in Michigan in August I found. There was an indoor pool and the standard smallish workout room. I did not use any business services as the wifi worked great.

The staff was friendly and accommodating. There were USA todays on the counter. The location was convenient to the highway to get to the Detroit airport. It is also a fair distance from the university which I appreciated.

I would stay there again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Minnesota
Reviewed September 16, 2011

Would not recommend this location - lobby air was not working, no sink in bathroom, small and cramped rooms.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Ann Arbor hotels

Reviewed August 30, 2011

I stayed at this hotel not knowing there was a courtyard right next to it. I have stayed at Fairfield Inn before and of course we know that they are not the glitz of a renaissance etc, fine, but it gets the job done. We had to check in late after missing a flight and driving 11hours to Michigan and got greeted with a sink that had sewage in it and a chair with dirt. We asked for another room and was told they were sold out but security can come up to clean it, no thanks. The next day at 4am the sink bubbled I guess as someone in the system tried to fix it and a smell of drano fragranced our room. (sink is outside the bathroom so you can imagine the smell) I then took a shower, running for a wedding and got greeted to the sink overflowing onto the floor of the room, literally. Mainteenance came up and put down towels and said they would be back. It went down on its own and then sewage came up again about 20 minutes later. We went to the wedding and came back to a clean sink however once again, no requests to change room from the front desk, a wet rug, and they didnt replace the tissues that were under the sink in the holder which were wet and had sewage stains. Now I cannot neccessarily blame the hotel for a plumbing problem but I can blame them for the poor response that I am no accustomed to with Marriott. Breakfast was pretty good at the hotel lobby but once again, if they had paid more attention to our issue rather than dropping off the 200.00 bill on time, I would have been alot more happy. Nobody offered to comp a night, discount, etc at the front desk. I couldnt wait to leave. I am sorry this was such a bad experience and not neccessarily that of the hotel, just a bad night for them.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
MHardyDOS, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn Ann Arbor, responded to this review, September 7, 2011
First, I wish to apologize for your uncharacteristic experience you encountered, after having to drive 11 hours, I am sure comfort was of the highest priority. From discussing the matter with my management team, this isolated case was offered a remedy for the inconvenience, please feel free to reach out to me personally if that is not the case, as your satisfaction is most important to us.
Porcupine, On, Canada
Reviewed August 29, 2011

Despite the delay during the check-in, our bus tour group found the hotel to be very accommodating, clean, and a pleasant stay. Adding a couple of hot dishes to the morning breakfast (even with an additional cost) would have been appreciated by our group. As well, having a more detailed map of the local restaurants would have been helpful. Overall, we highly recommend the Fairfield Inn. A clean, quiet place to stay.
Bob Reade