Fairfield Inn Ann Arbor
$119
$77
$77
$72
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ann Arbor(Ann Arbor)(Great Value!)
$114
Travelocity
Bell Tower Hotel(Ann Arbor)
$188
$182
Orbitz.com
$149
$127
All reviewsroom was cleannice breakfastfree breakfastyogurtother hotelsbriarwood mallstayed here for one nightconvenient locationshort drivewould stay againcleaning stafflobby areabusiness tripoff the highwaymini fridgefront desk clerkuniversity
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 26, 2011

The location - cca 60 minute walk to the city center. No public transportation. Taxi ride to the center about 10 dollars.
The staff - very friendly staff, especially men at the desk and a lady that cleans and helps during breakfast.
Breakfast - bagels, waffles, coffee, fruit.... no bacon/ham/cheese plates, but there are prepared eggs/bacon sandwiches which you can heat in the microwave
Rooms - very, very clean, with air condition...but windows can not opet (unfortunately). Beds OK.
There is a pull also, but I did not use it (did not have a time).
WI-FI - virtually almost non-existing (in the room nor in the lobby). It takes sometimes about 20 minutes to send e-mail. There is one computer in the lobby, but also with veeeery slow connection. That was a huge dissapointment because I came here for business and needed internet.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Amy_guest
MHardyDOS, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn Ann Arbor, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2011

Thank you for joining us recently on your visit to Ann Arbor. We appreciate you taking the opportunity to share your thoughts with the TripAdvisor community on your experience. We expect the upgrades to our internet service any day as they have been ordered and hope that you will join us again in the near future to experience the difference. Thank you again!

Reviewed June 15, 2011

Let me start by saying that the night before staying at this Fairfield we stayed at the Fairfield in Muskegon, MI (see that review). Talk about aples and oranges! This one in Ann Arbor should go visit the one in Muskegon to see where the improvements are needed! Let me also say that we have stayed at the Courtyard by Marriott right next door to this Fairfield on two occasions and those stays were just fine. Now! Let me count the ways that this one misses the boat! First the walls are so thin that if there were a party in one of the rooms no one would ever get sleep. We were blessed by sheer accident that it was quiet. But, as I was lying in bed I actually heard someone in the neighboring room using the toilet! Elevator floors were sticky. Spouse had to go to desk to ask for a blanket because there was none in the room closet. Maintenance of the breakfast area during that [breakfast] period is poor...tables were not cleaned properly and trash containers (such as near the coffee urns) were practically overflowing. In the morning there were gathered outside the elevators no fewer than 5 or 6 housekeeping staff with all of their carts...chit-chatting...and making it virtually impossible to get past them with the luggage cart. When I expressed surprise, the staff laughed...I didn't think it was funny! Then on check out when I expressed concern about this inappropriate "gathering" the front desk clerk copped an attitude, tossed her head back and in a most sarcastic tone said, "And a wonderful day to you!" Turns out she had acted similarly earlier when my spouse expressed concern about something. It's as if there is no supervision nor customer service training going on here at all! Ann Arbor is home to my beloved alma mater, and I love returning occasionally. Marriott may be assured that on the next visit the Fairfield Inn and Suites will NOT be our choice!

Room Tip: Stay at the Courtyard instead of the Fairfiled
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
MHardyDOS, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn Ann Arbor, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2011

Dear UMichAlum,
First ,I wish to thank you for taking the time to express your concerns throughout your stay and presently. Secondly, apologize to you for your experience. It is absolutely imperative to our success the feedback we receive from our guests. We are sensitive to your concerns and will be addressing them as necessary for any improvements needed on those items we can control. We will definitely utilize this opportunity to resurface our customer service efforts and retool what needs to be implemented. Thank you again.

Reviewed June 5, 2011

The guy at the front desk ignored me for a while as he fumbled with the phone and then the credit card machine. I saw beneath the desk a plastic drawer containing feminine products. I could only imagine the discomfort of asking this guy for a feminine product. We managed to make uneasy eye contact and then he checked me into my room.

I had another unpleasant experience with staff in the morning. My room (clean, average, decent) lacked a DO NOT DISTURB sign and I didn't think anything of it because I was tired, but then a maintenance guy kept knocking wanting to come in and I told him to scram several times. I was tired and I wanted to loll in bed. Make sure you have a Do Not Disturb sign in your room should you stay here.

Other than that, a pretty consistent Fairfield experience awaits you here.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo

Thank you for your feedback. We are addressing your concerns and hope that you will return to visit a second time to experience the difference we have made based on your feedback.

Reviewed May 1, 2011

I had a good time at fairfield in the hotel is very nice they have great staff and the housepreson ron is the best he made my day when he delivery my item to my room on time and he smile and say hi. Thanks fairfield you the best i will be back

Room Tip: second floor is the best to me
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 25, 2011

From the moment we walked in, we were warmly greeted by the front desk clerk. Speedy check-in.
Definitely will stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2011