“Clean hotel”

Hampton Inn Ann Arbor - North
Ranked #9 of 35 Hotels in Ann Arbor
Reviewed April 28, 2014

The hotel is connected to a Applebee's they offer free wifi, small indoor pool no hot tub. Very close to dominos farm and mich university. Free breakfast. I got it at the government rate of $99 a night.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Ryan B, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Ann Arbor - North, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2014

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Hampton Inn North on your recent visit to Ann Arbor. I also wanted to thank you for your very kind sentiments regarding our property. We firmly believe in passing positive comments along to our staff, to highlight a job well done, and I will be sure to do that with your survey. If you are ever in the area again, I hope that you would choose to stay at our property. We would love to provide you with an even better experience in the future. Thank you and have a great day!

Reviewed April 23, 2014

Great location...close to all U of M events & shopping in Ann Arbor. And just a short jog (via freeway) to Detroit sporting events without the big city distractions. Five star recommended by our pet. Attached restaurant and on site breakfast makes it possible to never have to leave the Inn. Perfect reception on the TV another bonus. Only thing not guaranteed is a Wolverine victory...but they win 80% of the time anyway! Great stay as usual!!!! GO BLUE!!!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your recent visit to Ann Arbor. I also wanted to thank you for your very kind sentiments about our property. I will be sure to pass these comments along to our staff as they work very hard to gain feedback such as this. When you are in the area again, we hope that you would choose to stay at our property. We look forward to providing you with an even better experience in the future. Thank you and have a great day.

PS: Go Blue!

Reviewed April 18, 2014

This hotel is very convenient to the highway and a short drive to the University campus. A shuttle service to campus can be arranged. Rooms are nicely appointed, comfortable beds and linens, good amenities. Free Wi-fi and free breakfast. Nice hot entree breakfast options - scrambled eggs with cheese, potatoes, nice bakery assortment, canned mixed fruit, but also apples and bananas. Extremely helpful and welcoming staff. Very pleasant stay.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for chooisng to stay at the Hampton Inn North on your recent visit to Ann Arbor. We appreciate you taking out the time to provide feedback, as it is vital to our success. I am glad that you enjoyed your experience with us. We believe in passing positive comments along to highlight a job well done, and I will be sure to inform our staff of your very nice sentiments. We look forward to providing you with an even better experience the next time you are in the area. Thank you and have a great day

Reviewed April 16, 2014 via mobile

We stay here with my in-laws when we all visit family together. It's a perfectly fine, comfortable hotel. I don't give it a better score because there is no hot tub in the pool, which is a strange shape and is inconvenient both for kids playing and adults exercising. There is no flat shallow section, the entire pool is a slope, which means if you do water aerobics, only the deep water works well, unless you enjoy water running on a slope. (I managed my exercise routine with the pool to myself until a pair of polite well-behaved boys came along, and we shared it easily. Complemented the parents for the kids' consideration. If only the hotel could make all families behave like that!)

The breakfast is standard hotel free hot....heated pre-cooked eggs and meat. Edible, but not all that nice. Make your own waffles, which are good but not healthy. Fruit and yogurt, etc. As anticipated, no matze for us Jews at Passover (no hotel ever seems to have any, so we come prepared).

Room is comfortable and clean. All but one staff member were pleasant (that one young 20-something staffer was surly....it was actually funny how grumpy she was!! She averaged out the overly garrulous breakfast manager ;-) )

We left tips every morning as taught by friends with relatives working in hotels. A few bucks with "for the maid" written on the pad. They wrote a quick thank you back!

This would be my first choice for relative visiting if only there were a hot tub. If I get to choose (rather than sticking with in laws), I'd pick another. But if you don't need that particular amenity, this is Just Fine.

Stayed: April 2014

Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your recent visit to Ann Arbor, as you have many lodging options. Our team is always looking to improve and it is feeback like yours that allows us to do so. I apologize for the attitude of our breakfast attendant, but I am glad that the rest of your stay was fine. If you are ever in the area again, I hope that you would choose to stay at our property. We would love the oppurtunity to provide you with an even better experience in the future. Thank you and have a great day!

Reviewed April 15, 2014

I had to make a last minute side trip to Ann Arbor. Before hitting the road, I wanted to make sure there would be a room waiting for me. I tried to make an online reservation but the reservation portion of the site was down. I called the national call center but they could not make a reservation either. I called the Garden Inn and Hampton South first but both were full. I called the Hampton North and was told they still had rooms. I tried to make a reservation but they could not do so because their system was down too. I asked if there was some way I could give them my information before I hit the road and when the system came back up, they could type it in. Admittedly, this would require a little out of the box thinking. I was told that is not possible. I tried another idea. No luck. Here is the part I found frustrating. I was then told, "There is nothing I can do to help you." Is there a worse thing a person in customer service can say? There must be a way to hold a room for a person when the computers are down. If there are not, there should be.

Thankfully, upon arrival, there was still a room available. The room was fine and the rest of my stay was uneventful.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Hampton Inn North on your recent visit to Ann Arbor. We appreciate your feedback as it is vital to our success. I wanted to apologize to you for the issue you had with booking a room.I am glad, however that you enjoyed your stay once you arrived. If you are ever in the area again, I hope that you would choose to stay at our property. We would love the chance to provide you with a better experience in the future, and show you that issuesd such as these are not typical. Thank you and have a great day!

Reviewed April 14, 2014

Nice hotel and neighborhood. Continental breakfast is okay for a quick bite. If walking or running after work green st is a nice street for that. Friendly staff and Apple bees next door. Great bartender.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your recent visit to Ann Arbor. Our team is always looking to improve, and it is feeback like yours that allows us to do so. I am glad you enjoyed your experience with us. We look forward to providing you with an even better experience next time you are in Ann Arbor. Thank you and have a great day

Reviewed March 31, 2014

Clean and comfortable, decent complementary breakfast, but not easily accessible w/o car, couldn't get on wifi, no electrical outlets near bed, and the free shuttle doesn't run on weekends. If you don't have a car prepare to pay a lot for cabs. A bit expensive.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank 738miriamt
Ryan B, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Ann Arbor - North, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2014

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Hampton Inn North on your recent visit to Ann Arbor, as we are aware you have many lodging options. I would like to thank you for providing feedback as it is vital to our sucess. I wanted to apologize to you for the issues you had with the wi-fi as well as our complimentary shuttle. Please accept my sincerest apolgy for this mishap. If you are ever in the area again I hope these issues won't prevent you from choosing to stay at our property. We would love to provide you with an even better experience in the future. Thank you and have a great day!