“Great service, friendly personnel, clean room”

Hampton Inn Ann Arbor - North
Ranked #8 of 34 Hotels in Ann Arbor
Conowingo, Maryland, United States
“Great service, friendly personnel, clean room”
Reviewed April 11, 2013

I've stayed at many Hampton Inns and I am never disappointed with their service, cleaniness and overall helpfulness and service. I stay every year at the Hampton Inn in Bangor, ME. I've also stayed at a Hampton Inn in Tennessee, Indiana, North Carolina and Florida and I have received the same service, etc. at each location.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
JessicaHogle, General Manager at Hampton Inn Ann Arbor - North, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

We are very pleased that you choose to stay at Hampton Inns' while traveling! We are also grateful that you provided feedback. I will make sure to pass your wonderful comments along to my staff members.

We look forward to your future stays' with us!

Best regards,
Jessica Hogle

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
  • Turkish first
Denver
Reviewed April 10, 2013

This unassuming brand delivered big on a single night's stay. My room was clean and well appointed. Modern conveniences and responsive Internet. The staff is energetic and accomodating. Breakfast bar with lots of variety, hot and cold. Across the road from a major mall and close to many familiar chain restaurants. For a business trip, this property is a gem. Most important - I got a good night's sleep.

Room Tip: The odd side faces a quiet back parking lot. Rooms in the X3X numbers are furthest from the elevator...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
I would like to personally thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn during your recent visit to Ann Arbor! I am overjoyed you had such a great experience! It was a pleasure to have you as our guest. We are continuously striving to improve our service and accommodations and we thank you for the feedback so we may continue to serve you in the future.

Again, thank for taking the time to provide your review on our hotel. We look forward to being your "home away from home" the next time you are in the AA area.

Escanaba, Michigan
Reviewed April 2, 2013

We stayed there last week again, as we have repeatedly over the past ten years. We were highly satisfied, as we'd asked for a delayed check-out and they fully accommodated us. Everything was clean and in good order: no surprises. The front desk personnel were extremely friendly and helpful. The breakfast had good variety and excellent coffee.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
JessicaHogle, General Manager at Hampton Inn Ann Arbor - North, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
We appreciate your feedback. I will make sure to pass your wonderful comments along to my staff members. I am very happy to hear that all other aspects of your stay were enjoyable!

We sure do appreciate you coming back to see us again and again while you are in Ann Arbor area. We will see you again soon!

Goshen, IN
Reviewed March 29, 2013

My sister and I stayed in a king bed room with couch on the first floor and had a very good experience. We booked the hotel through an online deals site, and were given the choice of room when we arrived. Bed was comfortable, room was clean, and wireless internet was easy to use.

The breakfast area was being renovated so breakfast was served in the conference room, which made things a little cramped since there were not as many tables and several sports teams there who ate all at once. Food was good and typical of other Hampton Inns.

We had problems getting the TVs to work correctly in the workout room. The ones attached to the machines would not stay on, and the one on the wall didn't have all the channels, including ESPN. Also, the hot tub was not working while we were there.

This Hampton Inn is on the north side of town in a quieter area, surrounded by office buildings, with an Applebees conveniently attached to the hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
JessicaHogle, General Manager at Hampton Inn Ann Arbor - North, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our hotel. I apologize that your experience with hotel refurbishment of our lobby was unsatisfactory. Trying to improve the hotel without disturbing our guests' experience has certainly been a challenge. We are very excited about the beautiful changes and look forward to welcoming you back after our refurbishment is completed this month!

Thank you again for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. Your comments are imperative to our continued success! We hope to provide you with another opportunity to serve you if you are ever back in the Ann Arbor area.

Grand Rapids
Reviewed March 27, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel several times when I was attending meetings in Ann Arbor and have always had an excellent stay! I always try to book at this hotel everytime I am in the Ann Arbor area because the rooms are very quiet and I can get a good nights sleep.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

We are very pleased that you choose to stay at the Hampton Inn North while in the Ann Arbor area! We are also grateful that you provided feedback. I will make sure to pass your wonderful comments along to my staff members; they take pride in their work and are always continuously trying to improve our guests' experience.

We look forward to your future stays' with us!

Best regards,
Ithaca, Michigan
Reviewed March 6, 2013

We spent a night here with my parents who had an appt at the clinic. When we check in we were given 2 very nice, clean rooms on the 2nd floor. The only problem was the king bed was to high for my mom to get into. The manager willingly switched her to a handi-cap room on the first floor. This room was too small with only one double bed and sadly lacking in furnishings. Mom did say the bed was comfortable though. Our 2nd floor king room was very quiet and very comfortable. Breakfast was very good with a good selection of fresh fruit to go with the hot foods.

Room Tip: Ask for the King rooms on the second floor.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
JessicaHogle, General Manager at Hampton Inn Ann Arbor - North, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

I would like to apologize that you were not 100% satisfied with your hotel accommodations. Unfortunately not all of our guest rooms are not exactly alike, this holds true with the handicap accessible guest room.

I am very pleased to hear that your mother enjoyed the comfort of the bed and that breakfast was also enjoyable!

Once again please do accept my apologies and I do hope that you come back and stay with us in the near future.

Peoria, Arizona
Reviewed March 6, 2013

Staff here go above and beyond the call of duty! I even got help removing 8 inches of snow from my car. The hallway connecting to Applebee's was very convenient with the snowy cold weather. AND the fact that Applebee's will bring the mean right to your room if needed is also a bonus. There is a Bikram Yoga studio less than 5 miles away.

Room Tip: Away from the elevators there is less noise.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank KRMRDH
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience at our hotel. I am very pleased you enjoyed your time with us! I will make sure to pass your wonderful comments along to my staff members, they take pride in their work and they will be happy to hear such positive feedback. We hope to see you again, if you are in Ann Arbor area!