“Excellent stay”

Hampton Inn Ann Arbor - North
Ranked #9 of 35 Hotels in Ann Arbor
Reviewed March 27, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel several times when I was attending meetings in Ann Arbor and have always had an excellent stay! I always try to book at this hotel everytime I am in the Ann Arbor area because the rooms are very quiet and I can get a good nights sleep.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
JessicaHogle, General Manager at Hampton Inn Ann Arbor - North, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

We are very pleased that you choose to stay at the Hampton Inn North while in the Ann Arbor area! We are also grateful that you provided feedback. I will make sure to pass your wonderful comments along to my staff members; they take pride in their work and are always continuously trying to improve our guests' experience.

We look forward to your future stays' with us!

Reviewed March 6, 2013

We spent a night here with my parents who had an appt at the clinic. When we check in we were given 2 very nice, clean rooms on the 2nd floor. The only problem was the king bed was to high for my mom to get into. The manager willingly switched her to a handi-cap room on the first floor. This room was too small with only one double bed and sadly lacking in furnishings. Mom did say the bed was comfortable though. Our 2nd floor king room was very quiet and very comfortable. Breakfast was very good with a good selection of fresh fruit to go with the hot foods.

Room Tip: Ask for the King rooms on the second floor.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
JessicaHogle, General Manager at Hampton Inn Ann Arbor - North, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

I would like to apologize that you were not 100% satisfied with your hotel accommodations. Unfortunately not all of our guest rooms are not exactly alike, this holds true with the handicap accessible guest room.

I am very pleased to hear that your mother enjoyed the comfort of the bed and that breakfast was also enjoyable!

Once again please do accept my apologies and I do hope that you come back and stay with us in the near future.

Reviewed March 6, 2013

Staff here go above and beyond the call of duty! I even got help removing 8 inches of snow from my car. The hallway connecting to Applebee's was very convenient with the snowy cold weather. AND the fact that Applebee's will bring the mean right to your room if needed is also a bonus. There is a Bikram Yoga studio less than 5 miles away.

Room Tip: Away from the elevators there is less noise.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank KRMRDH

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience at our hotel. I am very pleased you enjoyed your time with us! I will make sure to pass your wonderful comments along to my staff members, they take pride in their work and they will be happy to hear such positive feedback. We hope to see you again, if you are in Ann Arbor area!

Reviewed March 3, 2013

I just stayed at this hotel. I had read reviews about people having problems getting the rooms they reserved but figured this wouldn't happen to me. Not so. I arrived about 4 pm on a saturday having reserved a 2 bed room at the hotel. They told me they had a single king bed for me. When I told them I needed 2 beds they said they were sold out, had some "unexpected maintenance issues" and were not able to accomodate me. Furthermore, they berated me for using "a cut rate website" instead of the Hampton web site to make reservations. I told them I have reserved rooms all over the world through this website and always got the room I reserved. They said there was nothing they could do but offered to let me "find someplace else to stay" which would have been a rack rate room at this late notice. Finally I agreed to have a room with a rollaway.
The hotel is under construction. The breakfast room is all torn up (also not mentioned on the web) and so the free breakfast is served in a small conference room which is way too small. Eating there was impossible (and probably a fire hazard given the waffle irons and lack of exits).
Our room was facing the front of the hotel and had black out shades on the windows which made it really dark in the day time. It was also right about the breakfast room so the smells from the breakfast area filled the room most of the morning.
To be fair, the staff was reasonably nice as other reviewers had said, but I would not stay here again. And if you plan on reserving through any website other than Hampton, you may be disappointed.

Room Tip: Don't get a room facing the entrance (even numbers)
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank tayl9512

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our hotel. I am certainly disappointed that your stay was not all that it could have been. I would like to apologize on behalf of the hotel and its team for your unfortunate experience.

I apologize that your experience with hotel refurbishment of our lobby was unsatisfactory. Trying to improve the hotel without disturbing our guests' stay has certainly been a challenge. We are very excited about the beautiful changes and look forward to welcoming you back after our refurbishment is completed in May, so that you could experience the hotel as it was meant to be.

Thank you again for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. Your comments are imperative to our continued success! We hope to provide you with another opportunity to serve you if you are ever back in the Ann Arbor area.

Reviewed March 1, 2013

This was a choice in hotels. The rooms are small but comfortable bed and a good nights sleep make up for it! :)The hotel was clean but the morning staff was not as friendly as the night shift. I would stay at this hotel again.
Oh yeah.... GO BUCKS!!!!

• Stayed: January 2013

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our hotel. I am pleased that your interaction with the front desk staff was enjoyable. I will be sure and pass your comments along to them.

I would take pleasure in welcoming you back the next time you are in the Ann Arbor area. And although the customer is always right, I will have to disagree just this one time - GO BLUE! :)

Reviewed February 21, 2013

This hotel is a very nice Hampton Inn with nice rooms and good service. Major issues with the business center were addressed very quickly. Good breakfast, comfortable beds, clean rooms, walk across parking lot to Big Boy.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your experiences at our hotel. I am very pleased you enjoy your time with us! I will make sure to pass your wonderful comments along to my staff members, they take pride in their work and they will be happy to hear such positive feedback. We look forward to seeing you again very soon!

Best Regards,

Reviewed February 20, 2013

The hotel itself is a fairly standard Hampton Inn in rooms and layout. It has a pool and small workout area. The breakfast is Hampton Inn standard. While we were there the hotel was busy with kid hockey teams in town for a tournament. The Hampton Inn staff worked hard to keep everything in order despite the swarm of kids. The constantly restocked breakfast, pool towels and kept everything as clean as possible. I was impressed with how hard they worked to make sure everyone enjoyed their stay. The hotel is located near the UM North Campus but less than a 10 minute drive downtown (probably only 5 miles but 10 minutes driving). There are some restaurants nearby but I would go downtown for countless better, non-chain options. We will stay here again when in Ann Arbor.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Dear Valued Guest,

We are very pleased you decided to stay at the Hampton Inn North while in the Ann Arbor area! We are also grateful that you provided feedback. I will make sure to pass your wonderful comments along to my staff members; they take pride in their work and are always continuously trying to improve our guests' experience.

We hope to provide you with another opportunity to serve you if you are ever back in the Ann Arbor area!