“Not bad, I'd return”

Hampton Inn Ann Arbor-South
Ranked #13 of 35 Hotels in Ann Arbor
Reviewed July 10, 2007

Stayed for business on July 9th-13th. I arrived early and they quickly scrambled to find a room that was ready. They are renovating currently and I guess the entire first floor and parts of the second are vacant during the renovations.

The room itself is fine. The bed is comfy. The A/C system is noisy but good. The shower is good and strong. My only complaint is their wifi system - it feels like it's slightly above dialup.

I looked in on the pool and it looked to be a pretty good size for laps. I have not checked out the gym.

Stayed: July 2007
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Ann Arbor-South

Reviewed May 2, 2007

Stayed here Dec 19th, 2006, very happy with the experience. After reading the previous reviews, I'm guessing that they redid some things because it seems to be up to the 'new' hampton inn standards..at least, I'd have to say so because this was one of the nicest hampton inns that I have stayed at!

The bed was awesome, very comfortable and great pillows also. Actually, I went online the next day to look at the 'Hampton Home Collection' because I was so comfortable, and if I hadn't needed to leave early it would have been so easy to sleep in till check out time! Also, I should note the room was very clean, quiet, and the water pressure in the shower was great. Decor was also nice, I'm guessing this is also an improvement from the Hampton frumpiness of old. Staff were friendly, breakfast in the AM was decent but nothing to write home about (but hey, it's free so can't complain) Location very convenient to U of M and the highways, I'd definitely stay here again if visiting AA.

Stayed: May 2007
A TripAdvisor Member
boston, ma
Reviewed December 12, 2005

I stayed at the Hampton Inn South from dec 9th to the 11th. The room was quiet, comfortable, but could have been cleaner (coffee stain on desk, hair in the shower). The staff was friendly and helpful, and I'd stay there again.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 13, 2005

This is an average Hampton. Showing a little wear, maintenence could stand some improvement (the cover for the heater/airconditioner in the room was broken and cracked and taped back together, for example). The breakfast is typical Hampton but dining area is too small for a motel this size. Still an OK stay though, and I'd return if travelling in that area.

Stayed: November 2004
Reviewed June 26, 2005

My husband, my parents and I stayed here on a weekend trip to visit family. Our room was quiet and clean, and I thought the pillow-topped mattress was wonderful (though my husband prefers a bit firmer bed). The shower had excellent water pressure. The hot breakfast was quite tasty, though the breakfast room is small, so it's wise to come early if possible.

• Stayed: June 2005
Reviewed May 15, 2005

I found the beds to be fine, but the air in the rooms was difficult to manage. Yes, this property still is not up to par with other, newer Hampton Inns. Breakfast was Hampton standard, although the fruit tasted past prime, almost fermented.

• Stayed: May 2005
1  Thank ChicagoAlli
Reviewed September 9, 2004

Very average rooms, loud air-conditioning. Worst part was rock-hard beds and very skimpy pillows. Typical motel blankets and bedspreads. Bathroom could have been cleaner as hair was apparent in tub/shower combination. I would look for another property, in spite of the opportunity to earn Hilton points here. Not impressed with breakfast selection--stale bagels, mostly carb options, but fruit was fresh.