“Terrible property and did not honor room reserved”

Hampton Inn Ann Arbor-South
Ranked #13 of 35 Hotels in Ann Arbor
Reviewed June 29, 2014

I am frequent traveler who is a Hilton honors member. My room was reserved three months ago when I arrived no more rooms were available of the type I reserved and they did not upgrade me. Apparently they do not understand the concept of reservation. Bathroom shower filled with mold and entire place was humid. Gross. Will never visit again

• Stayed: June 2014
MichelleMcclintockGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Ann Arbor-South, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2014

Hello,

I sincerely apologize for the experience that you encounter at our hotel and I certainly addressed your issues immediately with my staff. We do strive for excellence here at the Hampton Inn Ann Arbor South and we are all let down when we do not achieve it. If you would like to discuss your stay further, please do not hesitant to call me at 734-665-5000.

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Ann Arbor-South

Reviewed June 25, 2014

I recently stayed at the Hampton Inn - South in Ann Arbor with my girlfriend and another couple. We spent the day in downtown Ann Arbor and on the University of Michigan's campus before checking into the hotel. The hotel (as far as Hampton Inn's are concerned) is beautiful and the room was very clean. Everything about our stay was perfect...except my trip to the fitness center - where I found that there were no free weights or strength machines (only a tredmill, bike and eliptical). That was a little disappointing as I am used to Hampton Inn's having free weights available. Besides that, everything else from the breakfest to the quality of the sheets to the friendliness of the hotel staff was great! Stayed as a Hilton HHonors member and the cost was only 30,000 points...very reasonable.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Hello,

Thank you for your recent review of the hotel. We apprecaite having you here! I apologize that our fitness room does not have the free weights, but we do have a great relationship with the gym right around the corner that is open 24/7 and provides our guests additional workout equipment. We must recently provided a sign in the gym to inform our guests of this option.

Reviewed June 23, 2014

It was too late to eat dinner. We went the front desk and they gave us free bananas, apples and bars.
The Staff is always smiling and ready to help you.
Warm pool if you are cold
Comfortable beds, comfortable room, good airconditioning
quiet rooms
FREE BREAKFAST. The ladies who work at the breakfast area are always happy, helping you and making you laugh.

Room Tip: always ask for a quiet room just in case If you want to shop in the mall this a great place to stay
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
MichelleMcclintockGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Ann Arbor-South, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2014

Thank you for your recent review concerning your stay with us! Specifically what makes me smile are the comments concerning my staff and their happy and playful disposition! They all have a common goal - to make guests smile and it appears that they continue to hit this goal!

Any other comments or concerns please feel free to call me directly!

734-665-5000

Reviewed June 23, 2014

We were traveling for medical reasons and were very early to arrive in Ann Arbor. I called to ask about the option of an early check in. The staff was speedy and more than helpful. We were able to rest before spending time with doctors all afternoon and into the early evening. Being able to check in early was a life saver for us. Thank you.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

I am so happy that we were able to get you in early and that you were able to rest! If there is anything else that we could have done to make your stay even better please let me know as we are always looking to improve.

734-665-5000

Reviewed June 22, 2014

This hotel is right off of I-94 on the south side of Ann Arbor. The location is great because it is close to the interstate highway and in an area filled with restaurants. This makes it ideal for travelers.

The hotel was clean and the staff was friendly. The side door was convenient. The hotel was nicely decorated. It was in the middle of having the outside painted, so we had to work around workman on the outside, but it was no big deal.

The room was a bit smaller than some Hampton Inns, as was the bathroom. The desk was nice. I appreciated all of the power outlets, since my friend and I travel with several electronic devices. The TV was large. The roman shades on the window wouldn't stay up unless tied, but there was a cleat on the window edge for that.

Since I had an early flight out of Detroit the next day, I didn't get to use most of the hotel's amenities or eat the free breakfast. So, I will have to leave those judgements to others. It was a great place for a comfortable night to sleep.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends

Thank you for your response as we appreciate hearing what our guests have to say. Sorry to hear that your stay was short, as Ann Arbor is a wonderful foodie haven for many people and the shops are cute and unique. I am sorry you were not able to enjoy the breakfast, but I did want to let you know that Hampton does offer breakfast bags to go Monday through Friday that you can grab and go - just ask a front desk agent!

Hope to see you again soon

Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

Clean, comfortable with a very friendly staff. Nice pool and spa. Attentive staff with a good sense of humor. Definitely a great vase while visiting Ann Arbor for business or pleasure. Several restaurants nearby. Close to campus. Free breakfast.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for your review....and I do agree that my staff members have friendly, happy and playful personalities which always is a positive in the hospitality business. Please visit us again soon as we enjoy seeing return guests!

Reviewed June 18, 2014

Well where to start.. .This hotel was very clean, newly remodeled. We checked in with 5 and had stated that we needed a rollaway, so we booked the room for rollaway and a pull out,, the front desk person told us the pull out was the size of a full size bed,, (it was more that of a twin) this room had 1 king bed, a pull out and a rollaway, you couldn't move, the rooms were way to tiny for 5 people. We toughed it out the first night, got an additional room the second night and the girls (we went as a family boys went to the nascar race, we went shopping up north, so we stayed at Birch run on Sat) stayed elsewhere. Sunday we came back and the girls had to reserve another room. WIth that said,, the service was outstanding. they called us a cab to shop downtown, the cab driver then dropped us off at the mall and told us to leave out sears and that would get us to our hotel WRONG,, HE HAD US VERY LOST! when I called the cab company (after walking for about 20 minutes) they said it was going to be 30-45 minutes (we had plans in less then an hour) but they could tell me how to get to our hotel.. WRONG AGAIN THEY TOOK US THE OPPOSITE WAY! With no one else to call I called our hotel the gentleman at the front desk told us to stay put and he would come get us.. What a blessing... THIS HOTEL WENT ABOVE AND BEYOND CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!! The breakfast was good, and the hotel was very clean and unlike the hotel (which was a Hampton inn, in BIrch) there was no problem getting or asking for extra towels, pillows or blankets... Thank you for such an enjoyable stay,, my only complaint was the size of the room... but that was because we had 5 oh and when we had to get an additional room for 2 nights, WITHOUTH ASKING (AGIAN A HEAD BOARD FELL ON US IN BIRCH AND I HAD TO ASK FOR A DISCOUNT) Tyler discounted our room on his own... you have an exemplary staff keep up the good work...

Room Tip: rooms were great, had some loud baseball groups running and nocking on doors while there, the hotel...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
MichelleMcclintockGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Ann Arbor-South, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2014

Thank you for your review while you were in this past weekend, I just love hearing positive comments about my staff (and they do too!) We post all comments up on the back board, but when someones name gets mentioned.....it is extra special! The staff is here to make your stay perfect....just ask them and they will figure it out.

We certainly hope to see you and your family again in the future.