“Hampton, Ann Arbor South”

Hampton Inn Ann Arbor-South
Ranked #12 of 35 Hotels in Ann Arbor
Reviewed June 2, 2014

another good stay at a clean (in the process of being remodeled, in and out), economical Hampton. VERY nice people. nice bathroom amenities. tasty--and complimentary!--b'fast. have been there before and will stay there again. you'd have to work hard to beat the price-value combo offerred.

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Ann Arbor-South

Reviewed June 2, 2014

Good hotel. Quiet, clean good breakfast fair price. However, fitness room was very small and was not well equipped. Treadmills, stationary bike, elliptical and not what I would describe as professional quality.

Reviewed May 31, 2014

I had a great stay at the Hampton! Latoya did an exceptional job making sure my room was stocked with what I needed. She was very diligent and professional. She gave me a peace of mind knowing that my room was cleaned by someone who cares.

I think every hotel should hire people who displays exceptional customer service and care. It's a clear reflection of the hotel and its leadership. Latoya is awesome!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
MichelleMcclintockGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Ann Arbor-South, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2014

Wow! Thank you for the nice comments concerning Latoya. I think she is a superstar too. We print out all of the trip advisor comments daily and post, but when someone’s specific name gets mentioned, we go a little crazy! I love it when staff gets recognized because they really work hard every day to improve guest satisfaction and I am super excited that you noticed and took the time out of your day to congratulate her....(we did too!)

Hope to see you again soon,

Michelle

Reviewed May 29, 2014

Had a good stay at Hampton Inn South. Was concerned when we pulled up and there was major renovation going on but was not a problem as it was the weekend. Lobby entrance was somewhat hard to navigate due to construction but managed.

Reviewed May 21, 2014

The rooms are quite a bit smaller than average hotel I have stayed in, the pool was quite a bit smaller than usual also - their luggage carriers had flat tires and made it very difficult to manage pushing and pulling down the halls. for the price you pay this facility was not up to par at all. As a family with three kids we were all disappointed.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
MichelleMcclintockGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Ann Arbor-South, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2014

Thank you for sharing your review of your recent stay at our hotel. We sincerely apologize we did not provide the quality of amenities you and your family have come to expect from us. If you would kindly like to call/email me specific items and issues I would gladly look into them and fix. Guest satisfaction is always our goal and we regret we did not accomplish that with your stay. We will be sure to repair our luggage carts immediately, thank you for bringing that to our attention. Thank you!

Reviewed May 21, 2014

My stay at this property was pleasant to begin with, but Miss Gwen made it rather special. From the welcome note on the nightstand to the cheery 'good morning!' and everything in between, this lovely lady made me feel like she, personally, was glad I stayed there. I left a note with the front desk letting them know Gwen is an asset to the property, and I over heard them 'aww-ing' my compliments. It seems to me that this entire staff looks out not only for their guests, but for their fellow employees. This makes everyone feel valued. Good job!

Room Tip: Ask for Gwen's floor.
Reviewed May 19, 2014

I agree with the last reviewer. This hotels is very old and marginally clean.
But to be fair, the hotel is under going an exterior remodel that should help in that aspect once complete.
I was very disappointed in terms of both amenities and condition. No fridge in the room makes for a tough stay. The front desk personnel were extremely pleasant and the gentleman who came to fix out a/c unit was very helpful. The hotel is close to restaurants and shopping. Overall, I would not stay here in the future.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family