“Such a great remodel - and wonderful customer service.”

Ranked #3 of 35 Hotels in Ann Arbor
Reviewed October 27, 2013

We stayed at the Regent Inn over a busy 'Family Weekend' at the U of M and had a late arrival and pre-scheduled change of rooms. After arriving around 2 am - with a 3 year old - and on West Coast time - the group at the front desk arranged for us to stay in the same room for the rest of our stay - which was awesome. Every request or question was answered in the typically friendly Midwest manner. And housekeeping were absolute troopers cleaning a room that had obviously had some sort of toy explosion. The location was convenient to everything. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
David L, Manager at Ann Arbor Regent Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2013

What a great review! Thank you so much for your feedback, I am elated to hear how much you enjoyed your stay! Our staff, from the Front Desk to Housekeeping, truly are the best. We feel that our guests are the most important part of our success, so whatever we are able to do to make things perfect for you...well, we sure will do our best!
Thank you for mentioning the remodel also. We put a lot of thought, time and effort into creating the perfect hotel; and we are always very appreciative when someone takes the time to notice. Our mission is to anticipate and exceed the expectations of every guest, every time. Reviews such as yours allow us a moment to appreciate what this truly means. Thank you!

Reviewed October 21, 2013

We stayed at this hotel as part of a wedding party. The staff was extremely welcoming. The rooms were comfortable and well appointed. They have a unique area we have not seen in other hotels where there are game tables available for use. This is a nice place to unwind or gather with friends if you are traveling together. The breakfast was good, although the area was a little small and cramped. The hotel was clean and well maintained.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your kind words, we are so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay! The gaming area you mentioned, with billiards, Foosball & shuffle-board, really is a nice way to unwind and socialize with family or friends. I hope you brought your suits and were able to enjoy some pool time also!
I am happy you enjoyed the complimentary hot-breakfast! With the popularity of the meal, I am sorry to hear the space felt a little tight. Keep in mind for future visits that you are welcome to take breakfast through the french doors and out to the patio or pool-side areas.
Thank you again for taking the time to inform fellow TripAdvisor's of your stay with the Ann Arbor Regent Hotel & Suites! We love the feedback!

Reviewed October 20, 2013

We had an appointment at U of M hospital early in the morning so instead of making the long drive the morning of, we decided to stay in Ann Arbor. The Regent hotel was nice and the staff was really friendly and helpful. We stayed in the executive suite and the separate bedroom was a nice amenity for my wife and I.

Room Tip: We called the hotel prior to booking but were still able to get a better deal by using Expedia.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
David L, Manager at Ann Arbor Regent Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2013

I am so happy the Ann Arbor Regent was able to accommodate you and your wife during your time in Ann Arbor! We are a preferred hotel of the University of Michigan Hospital, as we are located a very short drive away. Our complimentary hospital shuttle is always an easy option to get to and from as well. Please do contact us directly during your next visit and be sure to mention the reason (hospital visit), in order to take advantage of special rates for some specific travel needs.

Our Executive Suite is a very accommodating option, providing a living area separate from the bedding area, which allows you some extra space to spread out. I hope you were able to take advantage of some of our many amenities including the indoor pool & hot-tub, 24-hour fitness room and complimentary hot-breakfast.

Thank you for taking the time to review the Ann Arbor Regent Hotel & Suites, we are always pleased to hear when our guests enjoy their stay with us! Have a wonderful week!

Reviewed October 20, 2013

I want to start out by saying that I enjoyed my stay and will definitely stay at this hotel again if I am in the area. Everyone was friendly and housekeeping followed our rather specific request for our room cleaning, which was appreciated. The room was clean, the bathroom warmly and well-lighted, the beds clean and comfortable. I enjoyed the indoor pool/hot tub area immensely. It was clean and comfortable in the cool weather. My friends and I even enjoyed time in the gazebo with our coffee. Lovely grounds.

The only concern, which is a small one, is that while the coffee in the lobby is supposed to be available 24 hours, that the decaf and hot water (for tea) were empty both evenings and the regular coffee was lukewarm. I recommend a schedule for re-making coffee during the off-hours, perhaps even 1/2 pots so that not too much is wasted.

I admit that I did not mention it to desk staff, as I didn't want to be trouble just for myself, and the person on desk in the evening did seem distracted as well. That said, I feel confident that if I had actually asked her she'd have arranged for coffee to be made.

I hope that my travels take me to Ann Arbor again. I'll definitely stay at the Regent if they do.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends

You are so kind to have taken the time to review your stay with us! Any feedback is greatly appreciated, especially when it allows us to correct even the little things. We do our absolute best to make your stay flawless, down to perfecting our 24-hour coffee service! We will certainly take your suggestions for improvement and make the necessary adjustments.

I am so happy to hear that your stay was a pleasurable one as a whole. We feel our staff is the best in town, but love hearing that our guests agree! The cleanliness of our hotel is a top priority, which continues to be noticed by our guests. I am glad you were able to take advantage of the pool & hot-tub, as well as the gazebo & courtyard. We do not have many warm days left to enjoy the outdoors, but the beautiful and serene setting will be here year-round!

Thank you again for the review, we look forward to having you back in the future! Have a wonderful day.

My best,

Reviewed October 19, 2013

I like this place; I've stayed here before. Rooms are well appointed and clean. It's in a good location. The rates are reasonable. The service is friendly and courteous. I really don't need 200 characters to explain this!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

I love the concise, yet glowing review! Thank you so much for the kind words, we truly value having you as a repeat guest! I will see to it that our staff is awarded even more kudos for yet another compliment on the outstanding service and cleanliness of the hotel, we very much appreciate the recognition. And with that I will follow suit and keep this brief, but I would like to thank you once more for your business and sharing your experience with the TripAdvisor community!
Warm regards,

Reviewed October 16, 2013

My son and I stayed while on a campus visit to university of michigan. Hotel was super clean, staff very genuine and friendly. Beds very comfortable, shower lovely. Pool and hot tub and fitness area were great! Breakfast was just ok, but Bob Evans is right next door! Away from the noise of the city but close enough to easily get to everything. I will stay here again if in the area-for sure.

• Stayed: October 2013
David L, Manager at Ann Arbor Regent Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2013

Thank you!
I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us! We too like to think that we are perfectly located; 10 minutes from downtown Ann Arbor, which puts us just outside the hustle and bustle of the busy city, yet close enough to experience all it has to offer.
While we do serve the complimentary hot-breakfast each morning, I appreciate you mentioning the fact that just next door our guests have their choice of a few full service restaurants as well.
I hope you and your son had a fun, informative and pleasurable trip to the University of Michigan! Thank you for taking time out of your day to review the Ann Arbor Regent Hotel & Suites, we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

My best,

Reviewed October 12, 2013

We were in Ann Arbor for one night mostly traveling through but also to have dinner with friends at the Gandy Dancer. Called from the road and the staff was very helpful. Room was nice sized, quiet and clean. There is a rec area on the second floor with a pool table, hockey game, shuffle board, etc., for both adult and kids, but since it is open to the lobby below it could get noisy.

Didn't try the pool but it looked nice and there is a lovely "backyard" that looked very inviting. Breakfast was a fairly standard "road" breakfast but was well supplied and clean.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
David L, Manager at Ann Arbor Regent Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2013

We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us last weekend! Thank you for pointing out how helpful our staff is, we take pride in comments like this and I will be sure to share yours with everyone. The game room you mentioned is open to the lobby area, but we ask that it is vacated at a decent hour in order to avoid any noise issues and ensure each of our guests has an uninterrupted stay.

Did you get the chance to relax in the gazebo or courtyard garden? I sure hope so, it was a perfect weekend for it! And the hot-breakfast, served from 6:30a-10a daily, has been such a hit with all of our guests! We are very pleased you also found it to your liking. Thank you so much for taking the time to inform fellow travelers of your experience with the Ann Arbor Regent Hotel and Suites, we truly value your feedback.

Warm regards,