“Pleasant Stay”

Ranked #3 of 34 Hotels in Ann Arbor
Oswego, Illinois
“Pleasant Stay”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

We had a good stay. The room was clean and the beds were very comfortable. They had a nice pool area that we were not able to use. We tried to use the billiard and shuffle board tables but the area was closed. It was disappointing that they closed those areas off by 10pm, but understandable in order to keep the noise down. Overall, it was a good stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Bocce_7
Rachael V, Manager at Ann Arbor Regent Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
Its great to hear that your stay was pleasant. You are correct, we do close our pool and billiards lounge at 10pm to keep the noise level down. We have a few rooms that look into the pool and billiards lounge and we do not want to disturb guests who may be occupying those rooms. All our rooms are newly renovated and have Serta Pillow-Top mattresses and a refrigerator, microwave and coffee maker. Our housekeeping staff take great pride in keeping our rooms spotless and we are constantly looking for ways to improve. When your travels bring you back to the Ann Arbor area, we hope you make the Regent Hotel your home away from home!

Sales Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
  • Polish first
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Since my first visit, I have stayed at the Ann Arbor Regent every time I am in Ann Arbor. Now that I've had the experience of multiple visits, I thought I'd write a follow-up review. One thing I highly rate is their consistency. MY room is ALWAYS clean and comfortable, the grounds and the public areas of the hotel are ALWAYS clean and pleasant. During most of my visits, the hotel is full, which gives me an opportunity to rate how quiet the place is. Honestly, I have stayed in rooms on hallways where they are also housing high school and college sports teams, and my room is QUIET! I've stayed in rooms near (but not overlooking) the pool, and it is quiet. Quiet and clean are very important to me.

On my last visit they were housing a very large wedding party. When I checked in I asked the front desk to assign a room AWAY from the wedding guests. They did so, and I barely knew the other people were at the hotel. They kept the wedding party and guests together, and the way the hotel is configured, they can do this pretty effectively. The desk clerk also told me that if I was disturbed in any way, I should call the front desk immediately and they would take care of it. Fortunately I did not have to do that. The front desk staff is excellent; much better than any other hotel in the area.

Another thing I like about this property is the pool and hot tub. They are clean, and every time I am there I see the staff check the pool chemicals every day. I have never seen this at any other hotel in the area. One thing that concerns me is that the pool deck area is tile, and it gets quite slippery. Take care with that.

On my last visit I was enjoying the pool with some local family members who have children. There were children of hotel guests in the pool also, and they were NOT accompanied by an adult. These kids were getting out of control, and there was no adult in sight. This isn't the hotel's fault, but for liability purposes they might want to post a larger sign that children be SUPERVISED. We ended up leaving the pool because I was not about to try to supervise these hellions.

Other than the fact that I'd like to have more TV stations available in the room, I am very happy with this gem of a hotel. For readers who don't have experience with other hotels in the Ann Arbor area, this isn't the Ritz, but it sure is better than most of the more expensive places I've stayed over by Briarwood.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank trnmgr
Rachael V, Manager at Ann Arbor Regent Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
We appreciate your repeat stays with us! We strive to make every guests stay memorable!

Thank you for mentioning the situation with the kids in the pool. I believe that was taken care of by our front desk staff. They spoke with the kids and contacted the parents. Our guests safety is one of our top priorities. Checking the chemical levels in the pool and hot tub everyday is another way to keep out guests safe. It was great you also mentioned how quiet our hotel is. All the rooms face towards the back, away from the street traffic, to make all the rooms as silent as if you were at home.

We look forward to your next visit with us and hope we can make it as memorable as all the other ones!

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Ann Arbor is a wonderful town - so it's a real treat to have a wonderful place to stay after a day exploring and visiting. The place is spotless. The breakfast is excellent with a nice variety of fresh options. I like that the property seems nice and quiet despite being pretty full. The front desk is at your service - they just can't do enough for you! Mere minutes from downtown Ann Arbor proper, do yourself a favor and check this place out. Seconds from an excellent Whole Foods - their buffet is outstanding. Great value for a dollar - honestly! I enjoy the Trader Joe's that's a short drive away. We were here in November and will be back again later on in the spring. Thank you!

Room Tip: Stayed in a suite (great price) that was a little bit of the main area which was super quiet.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Lizzie9264
Rachael V, Manager at Ann Arbor Regent Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
We can't thank you enough for your nice review and for your return visits to the Ann Arbor Regent! We look forward to hosting you and your family again soon!

Its great you mentioned our suites being so quiet. All our rooms face towards the back of the hotel, away from the street and traffic noise, which makes for a very quiet stay no matter what room you're in. Our hot breakfast offers many fresh option, such as 100% fresh squeezed orange juice, fresh bagels and pastries brought in daily from a local bakery, and fresh fruit.

Hope your next stay with us is as memorable as all the others! Please let us know if there is anything we can do for you!

California
Reviewed March 18, 2013

I came to TripAdvisor to read reviews on Ann Arbor Regent Hotel before booking (as I do before all of my traveling). I was floored by the ratings of this establishment, they were extraordinarily high. I, of course, booked a room.
I found that it was a very nice place, but just simply overrated. It was clean, well staffed just too close to average to be receiving all of the hype of an excellent venue.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Bri L F
We appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel. Was there anything in particular that gave you the impression that the Ann Arbor Regent was just average? We like to have feedback from our guests to know what it is that we can improve on.

The hotel has recently been through a complete renovation and we have many fantastic amenities, such as complimentary hot breakfast, complimentary wireless internet, our billiards lounge, and an indoor pool and hot tub with a lovely view of our outdoor garden area. Thank you for noticing our staff and how clean the hotel is. They work hard everyday and put our guests comfort and needs before anything else. Our guests are our #1 priority.

Thank you again for staying with us and if we can do anything in the future for you to give us a second chance, please feel free to contact me directly for reservations.

Gainesville, Florida
Reviewed March 15, 2013

This is a fabulous place to stay! The staff at the desk was awesome and made me feel welcome. They went out of their way to help me. The shuttle service was there at a moment's notice. One desk clerk lent me the hotel's black umbrella and then quickly took it back to lend me her bright yellow umbrella instead so that cars could more easily see me as I crossed the street. I set out only to have another clerk quickly run up to me and escort me across the street. They worked with my changing schedule of medical appointments and dates to stay there as if it were no problem at all. The breakfast cook acted like she was happier to be there than any other place possible. When their power went out, they arranged transport to another hotel that met my needs. My room overlooked a beautiful gazebo area. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: I only know that I liked looking at the gazebo and the snowy area since I am from Florida and fascin...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank PatriciaR21_13
Rachael V, Manager at Ann Arbor Regent Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind review!

We strive to work together as a team and our guests are our first priority. Many of our employees have been here for years. They love their work environment and love what they do. Its great to hear that they made your stay fantastic, especially during our power outage. We wanted to make sure everyone was taken care of during that time, even if it meant relocating. We hope to see you at the Ann Arbor Regent soon!

unidentified
Reviewed March 8, 2013

We were impressed with the gracious staff from the moment we checked in to the time we left-- desk clerks, breakfast prep staff, and housekeeping. The room was clean and the suite great for our lunch business meeting. Carpeting was beautiful as was granite countertop in bathroom.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank grandmother73
Rachael V, Manager at Ann Arbor Regent Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Your review was great to read! We strive to meet every guest expectation during each stay and our staff really do meet those expectations. They are very knowledgeable of the area and hotel. I'm glad the suite was perfect for your small group meeting, as they are equipped with ample seating and complimentary wireless internet. Please let us know if we can do anything for your next visit to the Ann Arbor Regent!

Take care!
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed March 5, 2013

I work in Ann Arbor and needed to stay in town due to a snowstorm. The staff was friendly and the room was clean and comfortable. During the night, the storm knocked the power off. The night desk clerk came to my room and knocked at 5 am to make sure I was awake and left a flashlight so that I could get around. (I had asked for a 5 am wake up call). One of the employees was outside cleaning snow off of the guests cars and helped me get my car out of a slippery mess. He then had me wait until he cleared a path out of the driveway to the street, twice, due to a snowplow clearing the street, so that I wouldn't get stuck. Everyone was pleasant and extremely helpful during a trying situation. Will definitely stay again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Salvatore A
Rachael V, Manager at Ann Arbor Regent Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
We know it was a difficult situation while you were here, and we very much appreciate your wonderful review. We are glad we were able to assist you during this time.

Your review reassures us that we did everything possible to help you and our other guests through a tough day. Thank you so much and we look forward to your next visit to the Ann Arbor Regent!