“Nice but over rated” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 34 Hotels in Ann Arbor
California
“Nice but over rated”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

I came to TripAdvisor to read reviews on Ann Arbor Regent Hotel before booking (as I do before all of my traveling). I was floored by the ratings of this establishment, they were extraordinarily high. I, of course, booked a room.
I found that it was a very nice place, but just simply overrated. It was clean, well staffed just too close to average to be receiving all of the hype of an excellent venue.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Bri L F
Rachael V, Manager at Ann Arbor Regent Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
We appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel. Was there anything in particular that gave you the impression that the Ann Arbor Regent was just average? We like to have feedback from our guests to know what it is that we can improve on.

The hotel has recently been through a complete renovation and we have many fantastic amenities, such as complimentary hot breakfast, complimentary wireless internet, our billiards lounge, and an indoor pool and hot tub with a lovely view of our outdoor garden area. Thank you for noticing our staff and how clean the hotel is. They work hard everyday and put our guests comfort and needs before anything else. Our guests are our #1 priority.

Thank you again for staying with us and if we can do anything in the future for you to give us a second chance, please feel free to contact me directly for reservations.

Sales Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
  • Polish first
Gainesville, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

This is a fabulous place to stay! The staff at the desk was awesome and made me feel welcome. They went out of their way to help me. The shuttle service was there at a moment's notice. One desk clerk lent me the hotel's black umbrella and then quickly took it back to lend me her bright yellow umbrella instead so that cars could more easily see me as I crossed the street. I set out only to have another clerk quickly run up to me and escort me across the street. They worked with my changing schedule of medical appointments and dates to stay there as if it were no problem at all. The breakfast cook acted like she was happier to be there than any other place possible. When their power went out, they arranged transport to another hotel that met my needs. My room overlooked a beautiful gazebo area. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: I only know that I liked looking at the gazebo and the snowy area since I am from Florida and fascin...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank PatriciaR21_13
Rachael V, Manager at Ann Arbor Regent Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind review!

We strive to work together as a team and our guests are our first priority. Many of our employees have been here for years. They love their work environment and love what they do. Its great to hear that they made your stay fantastic, especially during our power outage. We wanted to make sure everyone was taken care of during that time, even if it meant relocating. We hope to see you at the Ann Arbor Regent soon!

Take Care!
unidentified
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2013

We were impressed with the gracious staff from the moment we checked in to the time we left-- desk clerks, breakfast prep staff, and housekeeping. The room was clean and the suite great for our lunch business meeting. Carpeting was beautiful as was granite countertop in bathroom.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank grandmother73
Rachael V, Manager at Ann Arbor Regent Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Your review was great to read! We strive to meet every guest expectation during each stay and our staff really do meet those expectations. They are very knowledgeable of the area and hotel. I'm glad the suite was perfect for your small group meeting, as they are equipped with ample seating and complimentary wireless internet. Please let us know if we can do anything for your next visit to the Ann Arbor Regent!

Take care!
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2013

I work in Ann Arbor and needed to stay in town due to a snowstorm. The staff was friendly and the room was clean and comfortable. During the night, the storm knocked the power off. The night desk clerk came to my room and knocked at 5 am to make sure I was awake and left a flashlight so that I could get around. (I had asked for a 5 am wake up call). One of the employees was outside cleaning snow off of the guests cars and helped me get my car out of a slippery mess. He then had me wait until he cleared a path out of the driveway to the street, twice, due to a snowplow clearing the street, so that I wouldn't get stuck. Everyone was pleasant and extremely helpful during a trying situation. Will definitely stay again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Salvatore A
Rachael V, Manager at Ann Arbor Regent Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
We know it was a difficult situation while you were here, and we very much appreciate your wonderful review. We are glad we were able to assist you during this time.

Your review reassures us that we did everything possible to help you and our other guests through a tough day. Thank you so much and we look forward to your next visit to the Ann Arbor Regent!

Barrie, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2013

I really enjoyed our stay, the room was perfect, the price was right. The staff were so polite you really felt cared for. We stay in a lot of hotels in Ontario and the U.S. This by far was the best we had. The pool was perfect and the Hot Tub was HOT!

Room Tip: Executive Suite is by far the best value and space
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Sean M
Rachael V, Manager at Ann Arbor Regent Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Thank you for your review. Our staff members strive to exceed guest expectations every stay, so it was great to read that you appreciated the staff being so friendly and polite and that your room was perfect. We test the pool and hot tub every day to make sure the chemicals and temperatures are just right and I'm glad you had the chance to use them. When you return to the Ann Arbor area, we hope that you come and stay with us again! Thank you!

Ontario
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2013

We booked a suite here as a last resort as most of the big name hotels seemed to be booked up the night we needed them. What a pleasant surprise. This place was wonderful. It had great amenities (pool, hot tub, games area, fitness), and the room was very clean and quiet. There was absolutely no traffic noise at all. I'm a very light sleeper but staying here, I had a solid nights sleep.
The breakfast was fantastic too. A great hot meal! The service was fantastic as well. Linda arranged for the booking of our room and was so helpful and very sweet.
Everything about this hotel exceeded our expectations. Even the price was very reasonable.
Thank you, Ann Arbor Regent Hotel. We will be back.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank six2overc
Rachael V, Manager at Ann Arbor Regent Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Your review was a pleasure to read. Thank you for taking the time to write it! Since our hallways face the back of the building, all of the rooms are diverted from the street traffic, which keeps them nice and quiet. We take pride in helping our guests no matter the task, and Linda is a prime example of what Customer Service is. She is a great asset to have. Thank you for mentioning our breakfast, as it is complimentary with every guest stay. We have 100% fresh squeezed orange juice, fresh bagels and pastries brought in from a local bakery everyday, and rotating hot items, which makes for a great variety and selection. We would be honored to have you stay with us again when you visit Ann Arbor! Take care!

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013

The staff at the hotel were very nice and helpful. The shuttle service they provided helped me save a few bucks on cab rides. The rooms were clean and the hotel was in a convenient place, just what you need when looking for a quick place to stay. I would def recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank amira a
Rachael V, Manager at Ann Arbor Regent Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review the Ann Arbor Regent. Our staff are very knowledgeable of the area and we provide maps and guides of the area upon request. We are centrally located and are only 3.6 miles from both downtown Ann Arbor where the University of Michigan is located, and downtown Ypsilanti where Eastern Michigan University is located. It was great to hear you saw how clean the rooms and hotel were.The housekeeping staff work extremely hard to keep the hotel in tip-top shape. The shuttle service is available with very convenient hours for our groups, guests who have appointments at the hospital, guests interviewing or that have auditions at any of the area Universities or hospitals. When your travels bring you back to Ann Arbor, we would love to have you stay with us again!

Happy travels!