“Clean and well appointed Sheraton.”

Sheraton Ann Arbor Hotel
Ranked #14 of 35 Hotels in Ann Arbor
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed August 11, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for a week in August. Family of 4 in 1 room. Rooms were nicely appointed and roomy. There was a fridge and a microwave in the room. It is about a 5-10 min drive to the university of michigan and the downtown area. Breakfast was adequate with a buffet for $14 and $5 for children. Price for us was $135/night plus tax which was adequate for the room. I would recommend for a nice comfortable stay but must have a car to get around. Swimming pool and hot tub were nice and warm and is indoor/outdoor. Lobby was attractive and the hotel seemed updated and nicely appointed.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Mandy007

Reviewed August 7, 2012

This is now probably the fourth stay at the Sheraton. Again, they exceeded expectations in their service, amenities and overall quality of the stay. We were able to try the onsite restaurant both at breakfast and via room service. I was impressed by the attention they place on their food service...not simply checking a box for a hot breakfast or room service. The selection at breakfast was outstanding and the quality of the buffet and the omelette service was a nice touch.

The dinner menu was better than usual hotel fare. They also have a closed air wine by the glass with an above average wine selection.

Again, kudos to the staff...seem to be a number of long term employees as well. Another good sign for this great hotel.

Room Tip: All have been above average.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 7, 2012

Very nice hotel, with great rooms. I love the queen size beds in the suites with two beds. I have 3 kids so was great to have the extra space. The rooms are very clean, and the staff does a very good job of cleaning in the morning. My only complaint would be they need more luggage carts. We had a lot of luggage, and had to lug it all by our selves.. which is not easy to do with 3 kids and 2 strollers! They only have 2 luggage carts for the whole hotel!

The pool is great as well, and plenty of parking even on busy nights. This was the second time I stayed here, and would stay here again!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 31, 2012

My husband and I just spent 5 days/4 nights at this hotel while he was undergoing some medical procedures at U of M. We booked this hotel based on its "dog friendly" policy and were more than pleased with our accomodations and the welcoming attitude toward pets. We saw many dogs accompanying hotel guests and yet never saw or heard of any issues with the guest pets. Outdoors there is plenty of green space to walk your dog.

The hotel has just gone through a complete renovation (according to the friendly bartender) and they have done a wonderful job! The lobby, office center, and dining areas were tasteful and progressively done and the rooms had plush bedding and modern bathrooms. The dining room/lounge area featured a wonderful menu with truly interesting menu choices.

This is a great place to stay in Ann Arbor.

Room Tip: We booked the "concierge" level on the sixth floor which gave us access to a private loung...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
StephenSmyka, General Manager at Sheraton Ann Arbor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2012

Dear Nancy E:

Thanks very much for your lengthy stay with us. We certainly hope that everything went well and the visit proved successful.

Glad to hear you enjoyed the service and facilities particularly, "Love That Dog" by Sheraton!

We hope to see and serve you again in the near future. If I may be of service in them meantime, please call on me personally.

Hospitably yours,

Reviewed July 26, 2012

This hotel is wonderful. I am not a "white colar" person so it was a little shocking walking into the lobby of the hotel to check in, kinda felt out of place. We were greeted by the desk agent who treated us O.K. I tried to spark up conversation with her but she seemed to care less as to what I had to say. Kinda felt like she was on "robot" mode.
Entering the room we noticed it was very clean, only thing was there were lots of finger prints and smudge marks on the window that faces the pool in the room. Not too major though.
While trying to find what to do in town, Beverly and Laura at the desk were awsome! In fact, the whole duration of the stay both of them were amazing, went above and beyond any other guest service person I have come across.
I recommend having a drink at the bar as well. The bartender, Marc, was great too! Being a beer drinker myself, we ended up talking with Marc about wine and without asking, he poured a few samples of wine so we could see what the diffrence in taste was!
The pool and hot tube area were very clean and towels were always fully stocked!
I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone just because of the personal, friendly, and professional attention that the staff gives.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
StephenSmyka, General Manager at Sheraton Ann Arbor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2012

Dear 2Detour:

Thanks very much for your business and taking time to share your experiences from your recent visit.

Glad to hear that you enjoyed our service and facilities overall and truly appreciate the recommendation to stay with us.

Hope you will again soon - if I may be of service in the meantime, please call on me.
Warm regards,

Reviewed July 26, 2012

This is a true business-class hotel in Ann Arbor, by far the best one in this part of town. Excellent, professional service, and very comfortable rooms. I've had to be in Ann Arbor a good deal lately and have now stayed in three other hotels near Briarwood Mall (Comfort Inn and Suites, Holiday Inn EXpress, Kensington Court). This one is head and shoulders above those, although it is -- as you might expect -- about $30-40 more per night.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo

Dear wolverine555:

Thanks so much for your business and kind words regarding your recent stay with us - we appreciate both a great deal.

We look forward to serving you further on subsequent trips to Ann Arbor. Please call on me personally if I may be of service at any time.

Hospitably yours,

Reviewed July 25, 2012

We were there to participate in the Ann Arbor Art Fair, the staff was very helpful in that respect (finding a shuttle, parking etc.) The location was perfect.The hotel it's self was very clean. Beds were very comfortable. My only complaint about this hotel and hotel's of this caliber are when you clean my room and replenish my amenities, all of them coffee, creamer, shampoo, body lotion. We were there for 5 days and this didn't happen. We were only there for the breakfast Bar and the food was terrible along with the selections available. After paying $30.00 for breakfast we had to pay $3.25 for a coffee to go, really!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business