“Excellent choice”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Traverse City, Michigan
“Excellent choice”
Reviewed January 20, 2012

Pleasantly surprised by the renovation. The room (King) featured a refrigerator, coffee in room, very comfy bed, bath small but very clean and up to date. Will return without hesitation!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
StephenSmyka, General Manager at Sheraton Ann Arbor Hotel, responded to this review, January 26, 2012
Dear garyandcarol40,

Thanks for the business and wonderful endorsement! We certainly look forward to having you back with us soon. If I may be of service in the meantime, please call on me personally.

Warm regards,
Steve-

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
East Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed January 11, 2012

We stayed at the wonderful Sheraton Ann Arbor Hotel on Friday, January 6th, 2012. The entire hotel was first class. Everything was like brand new. Our room was fantastic! Two VERY comfortable queen beds with big fluffy pillows. The room smelled fresh and clean and was well organized to meet all our needs (and more).
The pool and hot tub was so refreshing. We can not wait until the summer, they have a great indoor / outdoor swim through pool. For the winter though, the indoor pool is the only one open, but the size is perfect.
All the staff that we encountered were at the top of their game. Each one of them were polite, professional and friendly.
We will be back and have already told all of our family and friends about our experience.

Room Tip: If you have kids and want to enjoy the pool, the first floor is the best. The ice machine is locate...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
StephenSmyka, General Manager at Sheraton Ann Arbor Hotel, responded to this review, January 14, 2012
Dear Patrick K,

Thanks you for affording us the opportunity to serve you - I'm elated to here how much you enjoyed the experience. I'm very proud of the facilities and my wonderful staff but never tire of hearing praise for their hard work!

We look forward to seeing you again soon - please let me know if I can be of service in any way.

Michigan
Reviewed January 11, 2012

My wife and I have stayed at this property a few times and have enjoyed each visit very much. The front desk staff is kind and professional, and the hotel has an upscale, modern feel, perhaps due to a renovation. The rooms are average in size, but the amenities are nice and they are nicely decorated in warm earth tones. The hotel has a Club Lounge floor, but we have yet to upgrade to this option, although we plan to do so on our next visit (snacks and breakfast are included).

We intend to make this a frequent "home away from home" as our daughter was recently admitted to U of M, and the location is very solid. It is close to the highway (I-94) and Briarwood Mall, and there are many restaurants nearby, from fast food to the more upscale. U of M is a few miles north, so it is a quick ride to campus by car or bus. The hotel offers free parking on site, so one could park here for a sporting event and take public transit to the game for a small fee.

We have truly enjoyed our visits to this hotel and look forward to many more in the future.

Room Tip: Upgrading to the Club Lounge level for a nominal fee.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear WildeOrton,

Congratulations on your daughter's acceptance to the prestigious University of Michigan! I appreciate your business and kind words about your experiences very much. We look forward to the opportunity to serve you again soon - if I can be of service in any way, please let me know.

GO BLUE!
Boston, MA
Reviewed January 10, 2012

I've stayed at this hotel twice now and decided to write a review based on both stays.

Overall, this is a very nice hotel. It has been newly renovated, which makes the rooms very clean, nice, and quiet. I'm a starwood preferred guest and so have stayed on the starwood level both times. Rooms are sizable and overall very comfortable, especially the beds. Fitness center is small but has all new equipment and everything you need to get in a good workout. I also really like that there are alternative entrances that you can get in with a hotel key, so parking is much really easy and you don't have to walk all the way through the lobby each time.

During our most recent stay we were initially put in a room on a non-starwood floor right next to the elevator. When we called the desk about this, a few minutes went by and then we were moved to a much bigger room on the starwood floor (probably an upgrade even though we did not pay/ask for this)! We were both really impressed with this overcompensation for a small oversight.

My only complaint about this hotel, and in fact the only reason it doesn't get 5 stars, would come on both checkout days. During our first stay, my husband had an interview at the University of Michigan. I was about to leave the hotel room at 11:45am to check out, when two maintenance men busted into the room! I'm not sure who was more surprised, me or them, but needless to say it was a little odd. When I mentioned it to the front desk upon checkout, they simply said that they had already had us checked out.

This past stay we had another strange checkout day encounter, this time with a staff member from housekeeping. We were coming back from breakfast at about 10:30am when he stopped us in the hallway and said "excuse me, what time are you leaving?" We were both completely taken aback by this and didn't even know what to say. It was not particularly professional. I understand if he needs to turn the room around for an early check-in or something, but it is not his place to try and get guests to check out more quickly.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Dear bostondev,

Thanks very much for your repeat business and the kind words overall regarding our recently enhanced facilities. If you're interested, we provide complimentary access to a 30,000 s.f. state of the art fitness center across the street from the hotel. Our front desk agents will be glad to assist you with arrangements.

My apologies for the untypical and inexcusable check-out disturbances you encountered with your past stays - I will certainly address them with my teams.

We look forward to serving you again soon. If I may be of any assistance in the meantime, please call on me personally.

Manchester
Reviewed January 5, 2012

The newly-remodeled Sheraton Ann Arbor is great. Friendly staff, excellent restaurant and lounge.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
StephenSmyka, General Manager at Sheraton Ann Arbor Hotel, responded to this review, January 7, 2012
Dear jacht42:

Thanks you so much for your business and taking the time to share your feedback and satisfaction with our efforts - we appreciate both immensely!

If I may be of service in any way, please call on me.

Vermont
Reviewed January 2, 2012

Great location within walking distance to many offices. The Michigan Flyer bus service has drop off, pick up service at the hotel-excellent alternative to renting a car or paying high cab fare from DTW. The club level offers a nice continental breakfast and happy hour in the evening. Room Service meals were great too.

Room Tip: Pay extra for the club level
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
StephenSmyka, General Manager at Sheraton Ann Arbor Hotel, responded to this review, January 5, 2012
Dear tashapVermont:

Thanks very much for staying with us and your kind words - I greatly appreciate your business and the nice endorsement!

Please call on me anytime I can be of service.

North Texas
Reviewed December 23, 2011

We stayed at the property two nights. Since this was our first trip to the hotel, we couldn't compare the previous state to the existing amenities and building. Needless to say, the hotel was exceptional in all respects.
Rooms/bedding/amenities were terrific. The bar was well stocked, open and busier than we expected.
Breakfast buffet was extensive and well prepared.
Staff was incredible....everyone was helpful and happy.
Overall a great experience and I will return.

Room Tip: Ask for a room close to one of the corner exits, especially in cold weather.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
StephenSmyka, General Manager at Sheraton Ann Arbor Hotel, responded to this review, December 26, 2011
Dear Texastraveler091,

Thanks very much for staying with us and sharing your wonderful comments and endorsement - I appreciate your business and kind words a great deal.

We look forward to serving you again soon. If I can be of service in the meantime, please call on me. Happy Holidays!

Hospitably,