“FANTASTIC!!!! Wish every hotel was like this one!”

Sheraton Ann Arbor Hotel
Ranked #13 of 35 Hotels in Ann Arbor
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed October 10, 2011

This was a great hotel in a great location in a great city! We are traveling with 3 children and the hotel was perfect! The decor is fresh, modern, clean and still warm and inviting. The gym was very nice. The beds were super comfy. The pack and play was sent up right away and the room service food.was very good and not super over priced! There is an indoor and outdoor pool that could use some updating but besides that the whole hotel looked remodeled! Also there is a mall right down the street, a whole foods market and a microwave, refridgerator in room AND laundry room at the end of the hall that I wish I would have noticed before we were checking out.

• Stayed: October 2011
StephenSmyka, General Manager at Sheraton Ann Arbor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2011

Dear ChristieP79:

Thank you for your business and kind words for the Sheraton Ann Arbor Hotel - we're all very proud of our property and sincerely appreciate your recommendation.

I am so happy to hear you and your family enjoyed your experience with us and the area. We hope to see you all back soon and look forwarding to serving you then.

If I can be of service in the meantime, please call on me personally.

Reviewed October 4, 2011

We stayed at the Sheraton Ann Arbor hotel for the September/Oct 1 weekend while attending the Michigan/Minnesota football game.. The staff were helpful and very courteous. The restaurant, pool and fitness area were excellent, and the best part was that we stayed free on points. I would highly reccomend this hotel for anyone planning a trip to Ann Arbor. Well done to ALL the Sheraton Staff

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends

Dear tgropp:

Thanks so much for your business and taking the time to provide feedback on your experience with us. We're all delighted to here that you enjoyed the service and facilities and really appreciate you consuming your hard earned Starwood Preferred Guest points with us!

We hope to see you back for another visit soon and look forward to serving you again. If I may be of service in them meantime, please call on me.

Reviewed September 29, 2011

Stayed there for a week in the end of August, as my son is a freshman at UMich.

Biggest complaint is that the windows do not open, so there always a smell of staleness in the whole building. There is no fan in the bathroom, so when you take a bath, the steam soon escapes to the room and the windows get misty! The alternative is to turn on the a/c in the room, but then it gets really cold, if you set a bit warmer, it starts smelling mould. I know that the place gets really cold in the winter, but that’s no excuse for the fixed windows.
Also, there is normally a long queue at the front desk, hotel is understaffed.

Not really a Sheraton!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
StephenSmyka, General Manager at Sheraton Ann Arbor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2011

Dear Adamtsal:

Thanks very much for your business and providing us with this detailed feedback on your recent experiences.

I'll see if we can determine where you stayed and check the operation of the bathroom draw fan on the roof. Our new room heating & cooling units do have a fan only setting which does circulate outside air continuously if desired. Likewise, I'll also dig into the front desk staffing and make sure we're prepared for the volume anticipated.

If I can be of any assistance to you in any way, please call on me. I look forward to serving you again in the near future to much improved reviews.

Reviewed September 23, 2011

Stayed here for business. Recent renovations make this an upscale comfortable hotel. Conference rooms still need some work. Great room rate too!

• Stayed: September 2011
StephenSmyka, General Manager at Sheraton Ann Arbor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2011

Dear disneydoc:

Thanks for your business and kind words regarding your stay with us.
I am happy to announce that our conference and event facilities will undergo their transformation in January bringing them up to the level of the rest of our hotel.

Hope your travels bring you back to our area to experience the results in a few months. Until then, if I can be of any assistance to you, please let me know.

Reviewed September 21, 2011

This hotel is a ultra modern facility, everything appears well thought out
Entire hotel is clean and pleasantly decorated
We stayed on the 6th floor, Club room, this was not an upgrade but something we paid extra for, so I was a little disappointed to find it did not run as a true "upgrade"
It had easy key access with sodas and water available 24 hours
But it had limited breakfast with mostly pastries and donuts, coffee and cappicino maker but all is whisked away EXACTLY at the moment it states, tried to get coffee at 9:31 and they were already wheeling it down the hall, all is carefully "guarded" by a host/hostess, all of whom were very friendly and helpful, but also seemed to be the guardian of the food/drinks and watched everything we put on our plates which I felt was a little "creepy"
Nice display of fruits and veggies in the evening but very small offering, usually gone within the first half hour,and never replenished, the club room itself is spacious, has a few big tables, some comfy chairs, large screen tv and a printer/computer for quick printing of your boarding pass
Our room overlooked the pool area and was large with a king bed and sofa bed
The bathroom is large with full tub/shower and plenty of vanity space. But here again, there were very small bottles of shampoo, conditioner, lotion and these were never replenished until I finally asked a maid in the hall on my 3rd day (I had run out the day before and had to add water to the bottles). She easily put another in our room but...I am used to having it replenished or a few bottles left for me to use at my leisure.
The room has lots of drawers,a roomy desk, nice desk chair, but very small closet space, especially for two business travelers trying to hang their suits, etc.
The bed was very comfy with soft sheets and comforter, lots of pillows.
There is a small bar in lobby, good service each time we visited.
Also a small restaurant where we had Sunday buffet:which had made-to-order omelets, fresh fruits,the brunch had salad bar, hot meats, desserts.
All in all a decent hotel with friendly, helpful staff but there seemed to be a bit of cost-cutting especially in the areas mentioned above that I associate with lower end hotels, not a Sheraton.
I also do need to mention our last night at the hotel, something went wrong with the electrical system, which seemed to go off and on throughout the night. It seems to have been going on the day before while we were out as there were workers pulling ceiling tiles on our floor and lots of ladders, etc about. No explanation of any kind was given and as we had an early flight out, we did not get a chance to ask for some type of reimbursement to our loss of sleep due to everything in our room and in the hall going off/on throughout the night.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the pool, nice view. I wouldn't want the rooms on the main floor as...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank laenie

Dear laenie:

Thanks very much for your business and taking the time for your detailed feedback - I appreciate both a great deal.

I have addressed the Club Level staff to relax the tight control over the food and room a bit...sorry if we came off that way. The middle of the night power failure you experienced affected 1400 business and residents in the area until 5AM apparently the result of a rodent making home in a transformer.

Let me know the next time you're in the area and I'll make certain you're well taken care of for all the inconvenience. In the meantime, if I may be of any assistance, please call on me.

Reviewed September 18, 2011

In Ann Arbor for a work conference and stayed at the Sheraton with it having been recently renovated. The rooms are nicely appointed, fresh and clean. A bonus was house keeping noticed I was sprouting a beard (hadn't shaved for a few days) and left me some shaving cream in the bathroom, without me asking.. a very nice gesture. One warning for overseas visitors.. a sandwich on the 'dine in' menu is actually a burger. Hotel staff were all friendly and helpful. Definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
StephenSmyka, General Manager at Sheraton Ann Arbor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2011

Dear hunterkiwi:

Thanks very much for staying with us during your conference - I appreciate the business, kind words and recommendation very much!

Should your travels ever bring you back to Ann Arbor, I hope you'll afford us another opportunity to serve you.

Reviewed September 12, 2011

This place is awesome, staff are great and location is terrific, shuttle service to the game is a bonus.

Would surely stay again if I can book soon enough!!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
StephenSmyka, General Manager at Sheraton Ann Arbor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2011

Dear OntarioAdventurer:

Thanks for staying with us and taking the time to share your experience!
I hope you enjoyed the game and look forward to seeing you back for another, soon.
If I can be of any assistance in the meantime, please call on me.