“Good Choice”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Akron, Ohio
“Good Choice”
Reviewed June 26, 2011

Very clean and freshly decorated/updated. Rooms are great and bed mattresses are excellent. The bathroom is great - perfectly appointed. Great security for rooms and elevator access. Clean pool and exercise room. Loved the lobby bar - the small plates selection was both innovative and tasty - grilled asparagus with prosciutto as an example. As a woman traveling independently - I highly recommend and will choose this option over my usual Kensington Court from now on - better value and fresher update.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
StephenSmyka, General Manager at Sheraton Ann Arbor Hotel, responded to this review, June 30, 2011
Dear MidwestGirlOH:

Thank you so much for your business and taking the time to comment on your experiences with us - I appreciate both beyond words.

I am certainly elated to hear how much you enjoyed our beautifully transformed hotel and all our amenities.

We look forward to serving you again in the near future, if I can be of service in the meantime, please let me know.

-Steve

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
St. Louis, Missouri
Reviewed June 13, 2011

I am a foodie so..my more exuberant review of this hotel since renovation has much to do with the 100% improvement in food offerings: excellent and affordable room service options AND a superb buffet breakfast (only $5 for kids) which usually includes eggs benedict.
What else has improved? The fitness center is now comfortable, well lit and equipped with headphones and multiple choices of free weights and machines. The swimming pool is basic, part indoor and part outdoor but perfect for kids. The beds continue to be very comfortable. The internet is FREE (surely a major plus for most of us).

Will definitely stay there again when in Ann Arbor.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Solange72
StephenSmyka, General Manager at Sheraton Ann Arbor Hotel, responded to this review, June 15, 2011
Dear Solange72:

Thank you very much for your business and kind words regarding our new hotel and much improved food offerings! The entire team here is extremely proud of our transformation and look forward to many more favorable experiences like yours.

We'll see you next time - please call on me anytime if I may be of service.

san francisco, ca
Reviewed June 9, 2011

I can see the hotel is well on its way to becoming very nice, comfortable, and chic. However, my room reeked of paint and new furniture (varnish) smell, which I'm sure can't be good for you. A friend who stayed with me one night complained of a slight headache the next morning, which I'm guessing might be attributed to the odor. There was also a lot of construction still going on, which meant equipment and construction workers were out on the floor during the day (quiet at night though)
Aside from that, everything was clean, workers were incredibly friendly, and breakfast was tasty as mentioned. Give it a few months for the fumes to dissipate, and I'd stay here again for sure. However, for my next couple business trips out there, I'll book elsewhere.

1 Thank kjnim
StephenSmyka, General Manager at Sheraton Ann Arbor Hotel, responded to this review, June 16, 2011
Dear kjnim:

Thanks for your business and comments pertaining to your recent stay with us. I am sorry to hear that the new furniture and paint smells were a bit much for you and your friend. Now that we have finished the project, I think you'll find that those fumes have dissipated greatly.

I am very glad you found my staff, cleanliness and food offerings to your satisfaction. We look forward to serving you again soon to even better reviews! If I can be of service in the meantime, please call on me personally.

Wilton, Connecticut
Reviewed June 6, 2011

Think you have a crib...THINK AGAIN! Despite reserving a crib, and calling TWO times before we arrived, we were told NO CRIB FOR YOU! Rude, unhelpful, incompetant employees....stear clear of this place. We are seasoned travellers, and typically never feel the need to leave negative feedback....but this place deserves it. Oh yeah, think you've called and canceled your reservation....THINK AGAIN! Bang, credit card charge for "no show." STAY AWAY!!!!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Zeus99999
Dear Zeus99999:

Thanks for your business and taking the time to comment on your experience with us.
Please accept my sincere apologies for our very untypical failure to provide you with the crib you reserved in advance.

If you would like to e-mail me directly with any specifics on your stay and the no-show comment, I will be glad to research them and respond back to you personally.

Please feel free to contact me at ssmyka@sheratonannarbor.com at your convenience.

San Diego, California
Reviewed May 22, 2011

I had an excellent stay at this Sheraton - part business, part sports event, part family visit and it worked for all three, especially having indoor and outdoor pools, an especially good room service menu, friendly staff, free in-room wifi, and a recent renovation. Strange but true...I'd stay here again just for the food! Breakfast quiche, apple pie to die for, good pastas...who knew?!

1 Thank thelivingjuj
StephenSmyka, General Manager at Sheraton Ann Arbor Hotel, responded to this review, May 24, 2011
Dear thelivingjuj:

Thank you so much for your business and taking the time to comment on your experiences with us - we appreciate both immensely.

I am certainly elated to hear how much you enjoyed our beautifully transformed hotel and food offerings. I'm especially glad that we were able to meet your travel needs on all fronts during one stay!

Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed May 21, 2011

The hotel is just finishing a HUGE renovation, everything was new, pristine. The beds were the most comfortable I had ever slept in. I actually stripped the bed the day I left searching for a manufacturer of the mattress. The linens were exceptional, crisp & fresh sheets, wonderful pillows, plush towels. The room we quite large and they had Starbucks coffee pods in the room. Fast free internet, nice indooor outdoor pool. Lobby was nice, bar/lounge was a "happening" place and the food in the restaurant was terrific. Try the caprese salad, you will not regret it. Yum! This is the hotel for the Univ. of Michigan athletic program and it is top notch. Really loved it.

Great fitness room, avoid any rooms that end in 06 as they back up to the elevators that squeak.

Room Tip: Avoid the rooms that end in 06
3 Thank Fitzgig
StephenSmyka, General Manager at Sheraton Ann Arbor Hotel, responded to this review, May 25, 2011
Dear Fitzgig:

Thanks very much for your business and kind words - we're all extremely proud of our amazing transformation and staff!

I am so glad to hear you enjoyed our incredibly comfortable Sweet Sleeper beds so well – I would be happy to provide you information on them if you’d like.

Meanwhile, I'll get our elevator service working on those squeaks! If I can be of service in any way, please call on me.

Pittsburgh
Reviewed May 5, 2011

Yes, the hotel is undergoing renovations, but what do you want a hotel to do? Shut down while doing the work? The rates are reasonable, even with the dust and unfinished areas. I've heard NO noise during my visit these last two days. Slept like a baby.

The staff works very hard to make you feel welcome.

The rooms are clean, crisp and look as though they've been renovated recently. The bar is great -- good food and drink. The breakfast menu and breakfast buffet are decent (except the coffee is weak).

My only complaint?

There are no bars of soap in the rooms. They provide "shower gel" which you have to use at the sink and in the shower. Not a problem, I guess, except that I used an entire little bottle of gel in one shower. Come on, folks, charge a buck more a night and put soap bars back in the rooms.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
StephenSmyka, General Manager at Sheraton Ann Arbor Hotel, responded to this review, May 9, 2011
Dear ontheroadtoomuch:

Thanks so much for your business and feedback - I sincerely appreciate your understanding through our extensive renovation and transformation process.

I also appreciate your kind words regarding my very hard working team here - they have been tireless throughout our project. I'm happy to report that in addition to finishing all the major phases of the renovation, the bar soap arrived on Friday!

Hope to see you back soon the next time your travels bring you to our fare city. If I can be of service in the meantime, please call on me.