“My Haven and My Heaven”

Residence Inn Ann Arbor
Ranked #21 of 35 Hotels in Ann Arbor
Reviewed July 23, 2013

I came to Ann Arbor to consult at a local firm. My two-year stay at this vintage but well maintained inn ended up to be more than a place to lay my head. It was almost therapeutic. The view from my northwest corner studio was soothing and a good place live and work. It was very safe there.

I cannot say enough about the extraordinary professional staff. They were pleasant and responsive and I grew to love them all. Linda as Manager went out of her way to ensure all was right with my stay. Charlene, Marilyn, Shiela, and Sharon always made sure the room was immaculate and I had enough towels. Vladis the cook made the best stuff I ever ate. Vesse anticipated our every need. Cindy the desk clerk found my missing cell phone in the grass outside my room. Ricardo was expert in maintenance and fixed my leaky faucet and everything else that broke. These were my family.

If I ever return to Ann Arbor Michigan, I will stay no other place. It feels like home to me.

Room Tip: Inner (away from I-94) northwest 1100 building, ground floor has the easy walk to the pool, no need...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Stephanie_AGM, Manager at Residence Inn Ann Arbor, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2013

Gary C,

It was our pleasure having yourself, your wife and two wonderful dogs for the past two years. On behalf of the entire staff of the Residence Inn Ann Arbor you all will be missed! Thank you for the compliments on our superb customer service, and the comfort of our suite. We are so touched you think of the team as family, as we do you. We hope to see you again soon for a visit!

There are newer reviews for Residence Inn Ann Arbor

Reviewed July 17, 2013

To say this hotel needs updating is an understatement. I knew when the cab pulled up to the door, I was in trouble. The entryway is old and crumbling. The staff seemed nice and accommodating. However, the room was far from typical Marriott standards. The air conditioning unit sounds like a bass drum is being played next door. The bed is hard as a rock. There's plenty of other hotels near by, so it's a no brainier to not choose this one.

Room Tip: Don't expect this hotel to be within walking distance to the mall. Yes, you can walk there, but...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank SandFran4
Stephanie_AGM, Manager at Residence Inn Ann Arbor, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review the Residence Inn by Marriott Ann Arbor. We appreciate your compliments on our staff service. We apologize for your less than satisfactory stay and your issues with our décor, air conditioning and mattress. The property is scheduled for renovation in the upcoming months that should address updating concerns. In regards to your other grievances if you could reach out and let us know your specific room so we could better resolve them feel free to contact us at ri.arrni.agm@marriott.com, thank you!

Reviewed July 7, 2013

We've traveled all over the US and have stayed in many Residence Inns (we like having the kitchen to cook in and a little more room). This Ann Arbor location is definitely not one of the best that we've visited. Don't get me wrong. There's nothing really bad about it. It's clean. Bed is comfortable. It's just kind of worn out. The kitchen is outdated. The ac is loud and it's either really hot or really cold. Sofa bed less comfortable.

All in all just really eh.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Stephanie_AGM, Manager at Residence Inn Ann Arbor, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2013

Thank you for sharing your comments. We appreciate your loyalty to Residence Inn’s, but are sorry we were not able to wow you during this stay. Renovation plans are underway to address the outdated kitchen among many other features. We hope you’ll check us out again at the Ann Arbor Residence Inn Marriott.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

We decided to stay at the Residence Inn because have 3 kids and did not want to get two rooms,

Overall the room was nice and spacy for our family and the kids were able to watch their shows on one of 3 tvs ...

The bed was ok and pillows were flat. Made for sore necks in the morning.

The hot breakfast was nice touch. Kids liked the variety of foods available.

We did not get to the use the pool but it looked nice.

Room Tip: Bring your own pillow!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Stephanie_AGM, Manager at Residence Inn Ann Arbor, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2013

Thank you for reviewing the Residence Inn Ann Arbor. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed the roominess of our suites and the breakfast. We apologize for the less then satisfactory bedding. Please feel free to contact the property directly and let us know specifically which room so we can address the pillows. Hope to see you again!

Reviewed May 29, 2013

I am a Marriott fan. They deliver good service on every level and in every brand. This property is no exception to that rule. I was pleased that I was given an upgrade to a two-level suite. The room was clean but dated. My room did not look at all like the photos on the site. No striped chairs or throws on the end of the plush bed. Those incredible Marriott beds? Not here. The matresses were old and worn. I leaned back on my elbow on the bed and was met with the springs and metal frame of the matress. The pillows, all 8 that I tried, were lumpy. When I sat on the couch in the livingroom, I was swallowed. The cushions offered no support. Again, old and worn. It was particularly maddening to try to plug in any of my devices. The outlets on the lamp in the bedroom did not work. All the other outlets were so worn that they would not hold a plug. that included the livingroom wall - I tried to iron and the plug kept falling out of the wall, the eating area where I am looking at the plug for my PC hanging half out of the outlet, and behind the bed where my iPhone is slipping in and out of charging. The outlet my the garbage disposal was the single outlet that would hold in place my iPad charger. While the starwells have been safely rebuilt, there is ample evidence of dry rot on the risers and bulding trim on the exterior of the buildings. Breakfast and manager's reception were up to the standards of any Residence Inn. The property is safe and in a good location across State Street from the mall. They offer a decent selection of channels on Dish Network. and, thankfully, all of the sports channels are grouped, which makes surfing for non-sports programming easy. I will look to other Marriott properties for my next stay in Ann Arbor. Unfortunately this property is tired and short on real comfort.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank cporter187
Stephanie_AGM, Manager at Residence Inn Ann Arbor, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2013

Thank you for the feedback. We appreciate the patronage to the Marriott brand, and for choosing the Residence Inn Ann Arbor. It’s nice to be recognized for our superb staff service that you have come to expect from our hotels. I apologize for the issues you encountered with your room regarding you mattress, pillows and access to outlets. I would love if you could pass along your stay information including your room number so we can address the specific issues so no one will again go through your experience. To address the appearance items you mention we plan on having our rooms renovated inside and out later this summer. We hope you will give us another opportunity to see how great we are.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

We had a very nice time in Ann Arbor, the hotel was great! great location, great staff, great breakfast and very clean room. Everybody very friendly.

Visited from México.

Definetly coming back to Residence Inn

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Stephanie_AGM, Manager at Residence Inn Ann Arbor, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your review all the way from Mexico. We are happy to hear the wonderful comments about our staff, room and breakfast, it was our pleasure to provide you with the standard of service known to the Residence Inn Ann Arbor. We look forward to you next visit!

Reviewed May 16, 2013

From the initial greeting upon checking in to the departure experience, this was definitely one of the best hotels. The people made all the difference in the world. The amenities were standard for a Marriott Residence Inn: a fitness center, comfortable beds and suites, and continental breakfast. We brought our dog so the dog run was a plus. Our kids enjoyed the basketball court so they could get out of the room when I needed down time. But it was the people at the front desk, in the breakfast area, and just walking around who made this a truly positive experience. They were helpful, smiling, and warm. This was our third time at this facility and the experience each time has been great.

Room Tip: We have stayed in suites and standard rooms. Each has been quiet and excellent for our needs.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Stephanie_AGM, Manager at Residence Inn Ann Arbor, responded to this reviewResponded May 18, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your review. We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay with us at the Residence Inn Ann Arbor. I’m delighted to hear we were able to uphold our standard of superb customer service for you and your family. We look forward to your next visit to the area!