“Near University of Michigan Medical Center” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Ann Arbor / University of Michigan

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Holiday Inn Ann Arbor / University of Michigan
Ranked #19 of 34 Hotels in Ann Arbor
Dearborn, Michigan
“Near University of Michigan Medical Center”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2013

We found out, upon arrival, that the hotel offers a free shuttle to the UM Medical Center area. For people concerned with their appointments and procedures, this is a fantastic service. Hotel staff were friendly and accommodating. We paid less for a large suite than we have for many ordinary rooms. Decent food. Easy access to local expressways and North Campus and Medical Center areas. Highly recommended!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
TaushaV, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Ann Arbor / University of Michigan, responded to this review, December 23, 2013
Dear Donna A,

Thank you for your glowing review! Our main goal is to ensure that we have met all of your needs and made you feel at home. I will pass along your comments to our staff, which will make them feel wonderful! I hope that when you are back in Ann Arbor, that you will stay with us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Korean first
Peoria, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2013 via mobile

This hotel has gone through some good renovation work and is a good product at the price point. My stay was quiet and comfortable but I must note I was here on a very light travel night with low occupancy. No groups or sports teams. The hotel public area hallways did carry the chlorine odor of the swimming pool, similar to older "Holidome" properties. Like other renovated Holiday Inns it falls a bit short of the crisp quality I've experienced in newer examples of the brand, but is not a surprise and offers good value. My limited contact with front desk staff at check in was pleasant.

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
TaushaV, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Ann Arbor / University of Michigan, responded to this review, December 13, 2013
Dear WARSAWRUN,

Thank you for your review, we value your feedback and appreciate your honesty. I was pleased to read about your comfortable stay and thank you for your compliments. You observation regarding the pool is very helpful and has been brought to the attention of our chief engineer.

I do hope that you will choose our hotel again, when you are back in Ann Arbor.

Kind Regards.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here during a long business trip that ran from mid October until the last week of November. The room was very clean, beds were nice and seemed newer. The pool was as warm as bath water and the staff were remarkable on the hotel side of the property. I did a review on the restaurant side that you can read...I would highly recommend this hotel if your staying in the Ann Arbor area.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Northfield, Vermont
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2013

I got the pleasure of staying at this hotel for a training conference. The general manager, Mark, and his staff are probably the best that I have ever come across! They were all very nice and were able to provide anything we needed (within reason of course)!

My first night there, I had an issue with the TV. They sent someone up twice to try and get it fixed and when they couldn't, they moved me to the available room next door that was much larger and let me stay there for the week at the same price as my other room.
Also, one of our classmates turned 30 on the last day of our training and Mark was so kind as to take the money we had collected from the class and run out and get a cake for us to present to our classmated at lunchtime. It was so nice to be able to surprise our classmate!

Thank you to Mark and his awesome staff for a wonderful stay!

P.S. my sleep rating is only because I don't always sleep well in strange places. When I did sleep is was great! The beds were very comfy! =)

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Fort Frances, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013

We were met by very friendly helpful staff. Very willing to go the extra mile. Our room was lovely, though the bathroom was VERY tiny! Hotel is kept spotless. Beds were comfortable and room was very clean. We enjoyed the restaurant, Guy Hollerin's, and had several meals there. The Hair salon in the lobby is a gem with great staff! We enjoyed our stay!

Room Tip: Hotel is large and looks like it has been added onto a few times. Our room was on the 4th floor and...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
River Forest, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013

Although a generally good location with somewhat predictable Holiday Inn amenities, it is way overpriced. Convenient to the highway, it is on the opposite side of Ann Arbor's more interesting areas and main campus. The restaurant is absolutely terrible and equally overpriced.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Ann Arbor / University of Michigan, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Dear ChrisH018,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I am pleased you liked our convenient location. However, I was disappointed to read that when you visited the restaurant you did not find it to your tastes, we will review for possible modifications so to better accommodate our guests in the future. I do apologize for any inconvenience that you have experienced.

We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. Thank you for staying with us, and we hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

Jaime W
Case Manager
IHGCare
Dunkirk, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

My family and I stayed there on a football weekend, although we did not go to the football game, we stayed there after a hockey tournament weekend. We had stayed at this hotel before and my boys especially love Guy Hollerin's and the indoor/outdoor pool. When we arrived we were greeted by a friendly and helpful front desk staff who even on a football weekend were smiling, polite and helpful. The front lobby had been recently renovated. It was bright and spacious with plenty of room for people to sit and relax if they so chose. Our room, like most of the hotel, had been recently updated and was very clean. The bathroom was stocked with plenty of towels. We took a ride to State Street, which took less than 10 minutes, even on a football Saturday. We had lunch on Saturday and brunch on Sunday in Guy Hollerin's and were not disappointed. Their menu has a great selection of food and their brunch included eggs, bacon, sausage, cereal, muffins and yogurt. Feeding my family on the road can get expensive, we found that Guy Hollerin's had something for everyone and we didn't have to spend a lot to keep everyone happy.
As we were leaving my boys requested that we stay at this hotel again when we return to Ann Arbor. We will most certainly do so!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family