I recognise that it was not an expensive motel however I would highly recommend paying a bit extra to stay somewhere nicer.
- Across the road from Briarwood Mall (although it is a very busy road to cross).
- Very poor reception staff. Not interested in you at all.
- Didn't accept travellers checks, the ATM was broken and I couldn't do an online transfer so I had to walk to the nearest gas station to find an ATM (thankfully not too far)
- Forced to haul a 75 pound suitcase up (and later down) a flight of stairs as no one would help when I asked for assistance (I am a small female!)
- I was there for New Years Eve and there were at least 50 people partying VERY loudly in the parking lot until 3 or 4 in the morning.. not a thing was done about this. I felt very unsafe.. I literally had my suitcase against the door (maybe it's lucky it was so heavy after all?)
The only good thing about my stay was its location across from Briarwood Mall.. however there are many other hotels as close or closer which seem to be much, much nicer.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Red Roof Inn, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Red Roof Inn Ann Arbor - U of Michigan South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Red Roof Inn Ann Arbor (University South) Hotel Ann Arbor
- Ann Arbor Red Roof Inn