“Get what you pay for. . .”

Red Roof Inn Ann Arbor - U of Michigan South
Ranked #26 of 34 Hotels in Ann Arbor
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“Get what you pay for. . .”
Reviewed November 23, 2012

My husband and I recently stayed here the weekend of the Michigan/Iowa game. The price was reasonable for a football weekend so overall we were happy with it. The location was good, right off the highway and easy access to the stadium. The rooms have been renovated, so aesthetically they were nice. The bathrooms and especially the shower were a little tiny, but we managed. The fridge and microwave in the room was a nice ammenity. I was a little disappointed with the cleanliness of the room. It looked like the carpet had not been vaccuumed, but overall, not a bad stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
  • Korean first
Geneseo, Illinois
Reviewed November 19, 2012

We stayed Fir /Sat Nov -16 &17th. Room was clean and comfortable, spacious and had hot showers! It was pretty packed so we were anxious about the hot water, but it never ran out. The room rate was a little high because of college football weekend, but better than other hotels.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
HAM LAKE
Reviewed November 5, 2012

The staff were very friendly and helpful regarding our stay and also our activities in Ann Arbor. It was a busy football and wedding night so parking was at a premium, but the staff was very helpful and readily solved the problem.

Room Tip: The decor of the room was much nicer than we anticipated.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Anderson, South Carolina
Reviewed September 24, 2012

What's not to like? Great location on south state street, friendly staff and quiet. Very good breakfast for type of property. Located in business park location and surronded by much more expensive brands.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank deskmoore
Reviewed August 30, 2012

It is Red Roof Inn so dont go here for your honeymoon but it is a fantastic value. The staff is friendly, the room decent and clean, and the free breakfast in the morn is good but basic.

We have gone back twice when we wanted something cheap and convenient. I recommend it.

Room Tip: The staff usually tries to give you a good room on their own. Some smell like smoke but oh well.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank trav3llov3r
West Bloomfield, Michigan
Reviewed August 29, 2012

I stayed here for my birthday with my fiance to celebrate. Upon arrival the lobby smelled great and had a warm feeling atmosphere. The gentleman at the Front Desk I believe his name was Steven was soo nice and caring that I thought i was staying in a 5 star hotel. The breakfast was very decent, more options then most Red Roofs. The room was nice smelled fresh and everything was really clean! Nice big 42 inch flat screen in our room too that was very suprising and nice! The manager Maggie overhead it was my birthday and 30 minutes after checking in there she was with Steven and a cake saying Happy Birthday! I have never in my life seen service like this and I assure you I will come back next time! Thank you so much for making this the best stay ever!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Marla A
LOS ANGELES
Reviewed August 25, 2012

I stayed here August 22-24, 2012, and from the pictures online, it appeared to be somewhat in decent condition. When I did arrive, the staff was very friendly. My room, however, had many issues:
- first thing I ran into when I went inside the room was a huge dead bug sitting right on the window sil; not sure how that was missed - it was at least an inch and just laying there on its back dead
- the fridge was not cleaned out and still had ice cream buckets stuck to the racks
- the toilet had skidmarks/stains which were not cleaned out
- the sheets had hair stuck in them
- woke up in the morning with bed-bug bites
- they had a problem with the hot water during my stay, which meant cold showers
- the room rate i paid was 80/night, which is definitely not worth it at all. With these kind of rooms, I would not pay over 30 a night, and only if i twas the only choice I had.

This place has done some renovations I believe, and the flat-screen tv and furniture are pretty decent. Aside from that, the comfort level overall, was not pleasant at all. Glad I didn't see the bug under my bed until the last day as I was checking out! I would not stay at this place next time, unless they do some changes!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo