The Kensington Hotel
$149
$127
Sheraton.com
Ann Arbor Regent Hotel & Suites(Ann Arbor)(Great Value!)
$119
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
$146
$76
Bell Tower Hotel(Ann Arbor)
$208
$202
Travelocity
$80
Red Roof
All reviewsexecutive levelfree champagnehotel restaurantbriarwood mallfront desk staffexcellent stayvisit ann arborhot tubvery nice hotelfootball gamebig housenice roomgreat place to stayfirst floorparking lotbeds were comfortablefitness center
Reviewed August 23, 2010

We were in Ann Arbor to help our older daughter wuth her move to U Michigan, so we basically just needed a place to sleep. I got a great deal on-line, and was very pleasantly surprised by the quality of the hotel when we arrived. This is a fancier property than the 3-star rating I saw when booking the room - a large fountain at the front entrance, a well-appointed lobby, a lovely and clean room, and very nice exercise facilities. The staff was exteremely polite and helpful. We didn't really spend any time at the hotel,e xcept to sleep, but the enormous pool stayed open late, so that we were able to relax with a refreshing swim every night after dinner. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed August 20, 2010

This property apparently was built as a Hilton back in the 1970's. I remember years ago that they were flying the Crowne Plaza flag and apparently now are giving it a go as an independant.

I checked into the Kensington Court around 1:30 in the afternoon. My slightly early check-in was handled without a problem and professionally by the front desk staff. The lobby area is nice with a fountain outside the door and a clean modern appearance inside. The check in desk appears ok from the outside but when you're checking in you notice that it's all work out, chipped and cracking on the staff side.

I was assigned a king room on the first floor. The age of this property showed in the trek to my room. The ceilings in the first floor hallway are probably only six and a half feet tall. The hallway seemed dark and claustrophobic although the entry doors, carpet and light fixtures were quite nice.

The room was ok, kind of a mixed bag. Everything was clean and functional. The carpeting was newer, bed was comfortable and lighting and fixtures were of good quality. I also noticed as some previous reviewers did that the wallpaper was peeling in some places and really should be addressed soon. The tv was an older model but worked sufficiently. The cable tv lineup was average.

The bathroom was also decent but not perfect. The shower stall area was ok but there was a small bit of mildew in the grout of the shower. Hot water was plentiful and the shower head gave a nice wide powerful stream.

I did not care for the speed of the so called "high speed" internet. Trying to download files was agonizingly slow.

When i weigh the experience of the Kensington Court as a whole i can recommend it. Management needs to continue to work hard at keeping the hotel modern and not let maintenance issues linger longer than they should.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed July 19, 2010

Loved the executive wing with the complimentary refreshments. Doors are loud when the close. It wasn't free but the morning breakfast was good, even offered to make omlette if we didn't like scrambled eggs.

The indoor pool and hot tub were great for a relaxing end of the day. I couldn't figure out how to turn on the sauna. It may be broken.

I've seen several poor reviews here and was dreading my stay after the boss made the reservations. But I was pleasantly surprised and look forward to staying again next week.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
rewoodward, Reservations/Marketing Admin. Assistant at The Kensington Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2010

I'm so happy you enjoyed your stay. I checked on our sauna and it is currently in working order. One of our staff members would be happy to help you get it running when you visit us again. We look forward to seeing you next week!

Reviewed July 13, 2010

Although attractively styled, it feels a bit worn. As others mentioned, it is noisier than expected (especially slamming doors) and a bit musty smelling. The location is convenient and the staff very pleasant.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed June 24, 2010

Stayed here for one night June, 2010 with my wife and three kids while our house was being worked on. Two connecting rooms for the family. Most importantly, rooms were visibly clean, but smelled moldy. By the morning, my wife and a child with asthma both were coughing (mold is a trigger for both of them). The wall paper was torn and hanging in one room - a good 4 foot piece, so no way it could be overlooked in cleaning. The air conditioner in one room seemed to be broken. Every 15 minutes or so it would make a sound like a garbage disposal for about 5 minutes. It kept me awake much of the night, but when I turned it off the room heated up right away. Even the little things were off - our first set of keys did not work and the later in the night we saw a group of people who all were needing new keys.

Had the buffet breakfast. Very low quality stuff with not a great selection - charged $10 a head plus automatic gratuity. We have one kid who will eat anything. He had loaded his plate up and systematically one item after another said "Hmm, I don't care for this". I haven't seen him leave french toast on the plate in a long time.

On the plus side, the staff all were very nice - but not much they can do with a hotel that is just not being cared for enough.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family