“interesting fare”

Habana
Cuisines: South American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch
Description: Habana is located below Lena, our South American-style restaurant on the corner of S. Main and Liberty in Ann Arbor. Habana features South American appetizers and dinners, along with creative cocktails, salsa dancing and a decor of original brick walls and stone archways. Private rooms, which run under Liberty Street, are available for small gatherings.
Reviewed April 12, 2012

very enjoyable dining experience. Good drinks as well

Management741, Guest Relations Manager at Habana, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2014

AnnArborTravelMan --

Thank you so much for visiting Habana and taking the time to post a review of your great experience! We're thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your visit with us. Your support and feedback is much appreciated and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed February 6, 2012

Can't go wrong here. Food is consistent and bar in the basement is great. Salsa lessons on Thursdays if you are up to it!

sabrina925 --

Thank you so much for visiting Habana and taking the time to post a review of your positive experience! We're thrilled that you enjoyed your visit -- and our salsa lessons -- but we would love to know what we can do in the future to exceed your expectations. Please feel free to contact me or our General Manager John Sleamon at (734) 994-2773 to provide more information. Your feedback and support is much appreciated and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed December 23, 2011

Went back to AA in November and had dinner + drinks at Cafe Habana. I used to love drinking their sangria in the low-lighted, cool bar downstairs. If you go early enough - grab a table or a booth, then you don't have to mingle. My last visit I had the fish tacos and they were delicious! Drinks are a little overpriced, but I love the way the place looks. I recommend going downstairs for drinks after your dinner.

1  Thank mroars

mroars --

We're thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your visit -- and our fish tacos! Thank you so much for visiting Habana and taking the time to post a review of your great experience. Your feedback and support is very important to us and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed December 17, 2011

I really like the menu at Cafe Habana- it had quite a variety of dishes to choose from. You could go back several times and have a completely different meal each time. We had the regular margaritas which were a bit peculiar tasting- very large and not much tequila. I would ask for a smaller size with extra tequila next time. We did not have an appetizer but they sounded good although I spied someone with the calamari and it was that big breaded type which I don’t care for very much. My entree was the Ropa Vieja which I was told was the most traditional item on the menu. The plate looked nice with a pretty large serving portion. The sauce was well flavored with peppers and the rice was tasty. The meat was a little tough and chewy- I preferred to eat just the sauce, peppers and rice. I really liked the tostones. We had the tres leches cake for dessert. It had a good flavor- the presentation was a little “eh.” I don’t care to be served a piece of cake that was from the side of the pan [I always trim that off of any cake when serving] and it was a little lopsided. I think they need to work on the presentation of that dessert. The chocolate pudding sounded good but that will have to wait for next time. The restaurant was designed and decorated well; very comfortable.

PaulaHP --

We're thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your visit -- and our ropa vieja! Thank you so much for visiting Habana and taking the time to post a review of your positive experience. We'd love to know what we can do in the future to exceed your expectations! Please feel free to contact our General Manager John Sleamon at (734) 994-2773 to provide additional information about your experience. Your feedback and support is much appreciated and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed July 31, 2011

I've dined here a couple of times. The food is interesting. Liked the spicy corn. But it is noisy and the service leaves much to be desired. In general college kids make for amateur waitstaff, particularly if undertrained. Nice ambiance.

1  Thank Brookie69

brooktroutchaser --

Thank you so much for visiting Habana and taking the time to share your feedback. We're truly sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations. We want to ensure our customers have an excellent experience and we apologize that our standards, as well as yours, were not upheld. We appreciate your feedback and will definitely address your concerns. Please feel free to contact our General Manager John Sleamon at (734) 994-2773 to provide further information. We hope we are able to exceed your expectations in the future!