“Logan, Great Gourmet food and warm ambience”
Review of Logan

Logan
Ranked #42 of 609 Restaurants in Ann Arbor
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Main St.
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Two of us shared a table near store front window with a nice street side view. We each ordered a salad & shared two entrees that were nicely plated separately for us. Menu offerings are accessible and all courses we tried, delicious. Coffee was excellent which isn't always so in fine food restaurants. Caveat, wine by the glass is quite pricey. Service very good and ambience warm and comfortable.

1  Thank A2Marija

Reviewed December 31, 2012

The food here is amazing the way the flavors blend. This small intimate restaurant is a bit difficult to get a reservation for but well worth the wait. Each item on the menu brings sometime special to it. My only disappointment was the creme burlee which I prefer in the purest form, not gussied up with fennel. We passed on the wine which seemed very pricey to us but enjoyed every bite of our meal.

1  Thank hjensen90
Reviewed December 9, 2012

My wife and I visited Logan's for the 1st time on Dec 8th for a pre-theater dinner. I had read trip advisor reviews of this place before going and almost all were very positive but many mentioned the "small portions" served. The portions are not small, but just right. I think too many of us in America feel like if we don't throw away half the food served or if we can't eat ourselves into a food coma that the portions are too small. Ridiculous. The "right-sized" portions allow you to sample more of the menu items (all we we sampled were delicious and well prepared) and to leave after dinner feeling good, not bloated.

We ordered a crab avocado appetizer, the bacon and egg salad, mains of Black Grouper and the special, duck breast, and a pear roulade. The grouper comes out in a bright green sauce (pea puree of some kind) that looks kind of weird, but don't worry, it is excellent. Everything was done well. The pear roulade was a great finish. I had to try the bacon and egg salad to see how they would make that work and it did work.

Last, Kevin, (one of the owners?) is the wine guy and drink specialist. He just seems to love what he does, which is to make sure his customers enjoy their evening, whatever it takes.

I will definitely go back.

2  Thank Kel43449
Reviewed November 25, 2012

Hats of to the chef! We dined as a couple on Sat night @ 7pm. 2nd time dining. Had the tuna sashimi app and it was outstanding. I had the grouper which was equally excellent. Presentation was fantastic. My wife had the fennel salad and spinach side both very good. Each had a glass of wine and chocolate mouse dessert, divine. Wine list well thought out with food friendly wines at fair prices for the bottle. Food and style are excellent. Service was fine. I like to ask questions to get the server interested in our dining experience. He didn't seem to want to play. Table are intimates and romantic. Nice looking fully stocked bar, except no cappuccino maker! My suggestion would be to get one fast. Will go back in the future.

1  Thank FoodDaddy
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I went to Logan recently for a pre-theatre dinner. We were about half an hour late, yet they were kind enough to get us the table we had reserved. It was still early and not full, so I guess they could do it easily.
Went there for duck confit, as Logan seems the only place to have it in Ann Arbor. Not the best I have eaten, but fairly good, and I liked the very crispy skin on top of it.
Ordered bread pudding for dessert, but it was just bad. It tasted more as Dr. Oetker's pudding from a bag than the real thing.
Service good, but atmosphere lacking.

1  Thank LadytravelerAnnArbor