“Our new favorite in Ann Arbor since Eve's closed”
Review of Logan

Logan
Reserve with OpenTable
Logan is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #22 of 619 Restaurants in Ann Arbor
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Main St.
Reviewed July 10, 2012

I have been eating in Ann Arbor for years and have seen good restaurants come and go. My wife and I were big fans of The Movable Feast (aka Daniels) and more recently Eve's before it closed a couple years ago. Since then we have eaten at many places, but have not quite found a suitable replacement...until now! I must admit, this was our first visit to Logan's and I am always leary of giving too much praise until after a few visits and they have stood the test of time. However, in this case I must admit that I have not been this impressed by a first impression in a long time! We did the 5 course meal (with wine flight) in order to sample several things on the menu. Each course BLEW US AWAY!!! Absolutely perfect! Including the portions. Usually, when we chose a degustation menu, we are left uncomfortable and over stuffed. Not so here - the portions were satisfyingly perfect! From the crab to scallops to short ribs, etc - everything was fabulous! The service was also top notch. The wine pairings were spot on, with my only complaint being the small (1/2 pours) of each wine. I would probably get a couple different wines by the glass next time, but we will definitely come back again and again! Wish I would have discovered this place sooner...

Reviewed July 10, 2012

I had the sampler menu and the accompanying wine flight. Everything was very good and the wine was excellent - though plan on a designated driver as the number of samples could affect a smaller person (one of the woman was "buzzed"). I even enjoyed the roasted beets which I typically do not like. Portions are small but numerous which is a fun way to eat in my mind. Pricing was a little high but worth it for a special occasion. The crowd was lively and a little loud, so would not say it is an intimate experience.

Reviewed July 8, 2012

My wife and I ate here last night. The food was very good but not "oh my god delicious." at $32 for a steak you expect it to be in that category or at least have the Ambience make up for it. Logan has a nice interior with good staffing, but nothing unique or extraordinary. We had the cheese appetizer which was the best dish, definitely worth the $2 a bite. My wife had the gnocchi which she said was good but not on par with best Italian places in the area. I had the steak which was very good but a little dissapointing, the dauphine potatoes being the best part of the dish.. The biscuits were not flakey. All said we had a nice time, the food and service were good, but we won't rush to go back or rave about it to friends.

Reviewed April 7, 2012

We had the tasting menu with wind pairings and it was really great. Food, service, ambiance were all perfect. I've lived in AA for 25 years and this was the best restaurant meal I've had in this town.

1  Thank FluidExpress
Reviewed April 5, 2012

Food was terrific as was the wine list. It's a small place and the servers were warm and friendly but not intrusive. Definitely good for foodies.