“Food quality is downhill”
Review of TK Wu

TK Wu
Ranked #152 of 610 Restaurants in Ann Arbor
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 15, 2011

I used to love this place. It used to be my favorite Chinese restaurants but I have noticed the quality of the food is going down. The Jalapeno chicken was sooo oily and salty just like the steamed fish the last time i visited. yes portions are big but this is no longer my fav Chinese restaurants

Reviewed July 5, 2011

the worst service. the owner spent most of her time talking to another table about her children. the food was definitely not chinese but some sort of goop that was barely warm. people were waiting to put their order in and nobody was paying attention. with all the other chinese restaurants around even on july 4th i would avoid the place like the plague.

Reviewed May 12, 2011

We dined here for lunch due to the rave reviews.
It is a lovely atmosphere; small, tastefully decorated and quiet.
The service was good - sort of - I still can't understand why some restaurants don't bring the meals out together. It's awkward.
The reviews were so good I thought for sure I was going to have a "different" dining experience but.... it turned out to be the Chinese food from pretty much any place you might go. And actually, maybe not as good. I ordered Mongolian Beef and it had no depth of flavors - so sweetness usually associated with the deep brown sauce and, it had NO heat whatsoever. The hot and sour soup I had had a nice flavor, a bit of heat but, NO sour.
The one thing they have over other restaurants is that the portions are HUGE!
Overall, the reviews were much tastier than the food.

Reviewed October 5, 2010

Frankly, the food is typical Americanised Chinese food. I can live with that. However, the service could be a little better. Regrettably, this is not the first Asian restaurant where the waitress paid more attention to my husband than I'm comfortanble with. For years I had to try and overlook this fault but not now. Nonetheless, I hope very much that you do better in the future.

Reviewed May 5, 2010

The food is cheap but the food quality is getting worse these years. Their chicken is always gamy. Asian Legend is much better than TK Wu now.