Wyndham Garden Ann Arbor
Bell Tower Hotel(Ann Arbor)
$188
$84
$119
$140
GardenInn.com
Hampton Inn Ann Arbor-South(Ann Arbor)(Great Value!)
$139
$77
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ann Arbor(Ann Arbor)(Great Value!)
$114
HIExpress.com
$79
$72
Red Roof
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 25, 2012

We used an online coupon for a couples overnight package. This Hotel is Massive for a Clarion. It used to be a Holiday Inn Holidome back when I was a kid. You can tell the owners are trying to make this property work, but I fear that because of the size, it may be too much to handle.

Here's the punch list.
Room key only worked about 25% of the time. Had to have them work on the lock.
Bathroom fan was LOUD and there was some mold in the shower area.
Noticed that the elevator cert. was expired.
Room air conditioner was very low efficiency, ran constently to keep up.
Exterior is sterile. They were adding mulch and plantings while we were there. Hope it helps.
Pool looked run down and Hot Tub was out of order.

I know this all sounds bad, but this place could be Great. I wish the owners luck. (talked with Ivan a couple of times, he's a great guy).

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dettkno
Reviewed June 18, 2012

My room opened directly into a back, secluded area of a side parking lot. I was alone on this trip & was not comfortable the entire time. Unfortunately, the hotel said they were booked and had nothing else - there were very few cars in the lots, however. The room was very small & smelled horrible. My clothes carried the smell even after I got home. The room was very dated & small & the bathroom area was dirty. Ceiling lights had no cover & the insulation & dust was exposed. I couldn't get the shower to turn on & called the front desk. They said to just pull really hard - I thought I was going to pull the shower fixture out of the wall, but it did work.

This all made for a miserable trip. I'll be very unlikely to stay at another Clarion after this.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank WillowD227
Reviewed June 17, 2012

I give the staff a 5 and the facilities a 3 which gives an overall grade of 4. The staff at the Clarion works extremely hard and are very helpful. Everyone there went out of their way to give the best service possible. The facilities however are in need of an upgrade. The air conditioner in our room stopped working. Maintenance showed up very promptly anbd did his best to fix it, but there was only so much he could do. He got it working, but rather than just leave it at that, he told us that he was not sure that it would hold up and we might want to get another room. He apologized many times that he could not guarantee that the repair would hold. We only had one night left, so we took the chance. It did last through the night but by the time we were checking out, it was not working again. the staff really did do everything they could, but the facility is old and dated. The front desk was also very pleasant and helpful. I needed a stamp. They do not have them to sell to guests, but one of the workers got me one out of their office and gave it to me free of charge. Just going the extra mile to help a desk. There is a very good complimentary breakfast with eggs, sausage, biscuits and gravy, belgian waffles (with WHIPPED CREAM and a wide variety of dessert sauces you can use on them), and many of the other normal things. It is very good and very well stocked. The guy in charge of it worked extremely hard to keep everything stocked, would get anything you asked for if they had it and even made the waffles for the guests whenever he had the time to do so (and even sometimes when he was busy doing something else). With some renovation, this could be aqn excellent hotel.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank GRScott
Reviewed June 5, 2012

The couple times I have stayed at The Clarion I have been overall satisfied. The renovations make the hotel look way nicer on the inside than on the outside, especially in the main lobby and party area. I have only good things to say about the staff because they have always been thoughtful and accomodating, even when renovations were being done to the breakfast nook. They gave us breakfast vouchers for a coney island down the road and suprisingly gave us a good amount of food! Once before when friends and I stayed the night, we were late to the continental breakfast by 10 minutes, but the nice guys in the kitchen made food especially for us. (And believe me it wasn't our good looks that enticed them because we had a ROUGH night haha). The woman at the front desk (Rachel) was one of the nicest people I have seen to work at a hotel, even when she had to kick us out of the pool when we tried to sneak in at 2am (wow).

Room Tip: Try booking a room in the conference tower because you have a lot more privacy and I just feel the quality of the rooms are nicer in that part of the hotel.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank JferH475
Reviewed June 1, 2012

We booked a suite so that we could have some privacy. When we got there, we discovered it was one big room with no dividers and no separation between the "living room" and the "bedroom". Wikipedia says a hotel suite is more than one room, but this place has its own definition. They offered me a suite with more than one room (what I thought I was getting) at an additional $100 a night! I could have booked a room with two beds and saved myself a lot of money.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family