“Spectacular Sava's!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: State & Liberty / Huron
Transit: Lines 609 and 18 stop less than a block the the North on Huron, and Lines 4 and 3 stop on Liberty. Also, the Blake Transit Center located at 4th and William have regular incoming and outgoing buses from the greater Ann Arbor area. More information is available at www.theride.org.
Reviewed August 9, 2014

My first time here and I am anxious to return. I had the Classic BLT - yet there was nothing classic about it - the special avocado aioli and delicious bread along with tasty bacon made this a very spectacular sandwich. My guest had the Pecan Chicken Salad which looked amazing. Food was fresh and the presentation was very appealing. The overall menu offers choices for everyone. Waitstaff was very attentive to our needs as well. We sat at a table by the window which was great as the Art Fair was in play during my visit.

1  Thank sweetmnmama

Reviewed August 8, 2014

Service was great. The waitress was friendly and provided us plenty of time and made some great recommendations. I always hate asking "what's good" and getting the response "everything is good here". Come on we know that's not true. It's like being in an interview and being asked what your biggest weakness is and saying your a perfectionist. Pffft!

Anyway...

The food. We decided not to be glutenous and opt out of the brunch buffet and stick with the menu items. My eggs benny were good. The poached eggs stat on top of some really nice cuts of ham that looked to have been carved of a roast and not just deli slices. The hollandaise was a nice consistency but I could have used a little less of it. My only complaint is one of my poached eggs had the yolk cracked. This is probably why there was an abundance of hollandaise, to try and cover up the mishap.
My partner had the Greek salad which was unlike anything I've ever tried before. It was full of hickpeas, beets, kalamata olives, tomatoes, cucumbers and pepperoncinis. Unusual for a Greek boy to see in a salad but tasty none the less.
We also ordered a single slice of French toast to share and satisfy the sweet tooth. I wish we ordered a full order. It was very good. Many time I find French toast to be more like toast with fried egg stuck to it. This was not the case at Sava's.

Aslo worth mentioning.
The coffee was very good. I drink it black so I can identify a good tasting cup of joe. I never take the word of a coffee drinker that load theirs up with cream and sugar.

Free WiFi is also always nice when traveling and Sava's does offer that as well.

I wish we found this place earlier. The diner menu also looks pretty good. It would have been worth checking out as well.

Reviewed July 30, 2014

After a late evening program at 10.30 p.m. we were looking for a downtown restaurant still open, as most were closing or even closed by 10 p.m. We found this one open and although it was nearly full, we got a table for our party of six. Service was efficient, the selection of the menu was not gourmet, but each of us found a satisfactory choice. They had good tap beer and even near midnight people still entered, probably more for a drink than for food. If you wish to have a late snack or even a not too fancy dinner, this a place to choose.

Reviewed July 23, 2014

Fabulous small plates and salads with a great atmosphere. Outdoor dining on a quaint side patio surrounded by historic buildings covered in ivy and cool outdoor heating towers. Went with five people, we shared appetizers/small plates and had salads, everything was fabulous. Nice selection of specialty drinks.

Reviewed July 22, 2014

I lived across the street from Sava's for two years, so made many trips there, all of which I enjoyed. Their menu is a bit pricey, but full of good quality food. My friends and I were a fan of their now discontinued Monday burger night. (I've since left Ann Arbor, so maybe they've brought it back and I don't know about it?) Their burgers, however, do still remain very good along with their main dishes and other sandwiches. They have a good selection of beers and a very nice list of fancy cocktails you can order (delicious, though they are a bit overpriced as is to be expected with artisan cocktails). I like their decorations a lot, it's a casual, slightly bohemian design. The atmosphere is appropriate for a nice dinner, but remains relaxed. It's also a great location if you're exploring the campus or doing some shopping around Ann Arbor.