“Nice place, so-so food”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Sava's

Sava's
Reserve with OpenTable
Sava's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 591 Restaurants in Ann Arbor
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: State & Liberty / Huron
Transit: Lines 609 and 18 stop less than a block the the North on Huron, and Lines 4 and 3 stop on Liberty. Also, the Blake Transit Center located at 4th and William have regular incoming and outgoing buses from the greater Ann Arbor area. More information is available at www.theride.org.
Boston, Massachusetts
“Nice place, so-so food”
Reviewed August 16, 2013

I went with a friend on her recommendation. Pleasant atmosphere, and noise level less than I would have expected given layout, crowdedness, etc. My entrée was a steak-and-potato salad; interesting concept, but not, in my view, entirely successful; I don't really expect (or want) a lot of chewing to be involved in eating a salad. Good flavors, however; addition of blue cheese was nice. Did not have dessert or app.

• Visited July 2013

• Korean first
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Pretty good food, very loud”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

The food is good, but nothing outstanding. We ate upstairs next to 2 large parties and it was too loud to have a reasonable conversation across the table. The other people were not overly loud; it is just a loud restaurant in general. Sitting downstairs is better, but still, the food does not warrant a quick return on our part. Nothing overly wrong with the place, but nothing out of the ordinary either.

Visited August 2013
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“One of our favorites”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Sava is quickly becoming one of our favorites restaurants in town. The food has always been exceptional, bit I did notice when they were first opened that the wait for a table seemed to be long not because they were overly busy (busy, yes, but not overly), but because they wanted you to feel that the experience there was something worth waiting for. Even when we went last week and the restaurant was nearly empty, when they found we had no reservation, they acted as is they would have to search high and low to accommodate us. More and more restaurants seem to be doing this. All that aside, every meal there has been great. We usually start with the bang-bang shrimp. Just the right amount of heat. I love the steak salad and the pasta dishes are good also. There are many interesting cocktails to choose from, so I recommend taking a look at the cocktail menu and ask questions of the server for any clarification. The servers are very well-versed on the menus. If you want a pleasant outside dining experience that is not directly on a busy street, try Sava. The patio alongside the building is lovely and it's much more quiet out there. We were impressed that the owner, Sava, actually pitches in and helps when she's there. She bussed our table one night and it gave us a chance to talk to her a bit. Everyone on staff is very pleasant.

• Visited July 2013
“Great location, good food”
Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

We popped in without a reservation and were able to get a high-top table (for 2) in the bar. This made for kind of a bustling, noisy atmosphere, but it was still okay. The patio looked lovely, but was full as would be expected on a Saturday night with great weather. There is a great variety on the menu. I was happy with my entree Greek salad with chicken and my friend liked her fish tacos. The appetizer risotto balls were delicious. The service was fine. I will eat here again when I am back in AA.

• Visited August 2013
Oakland, California
“Good food, great happy hour”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I think just about everything on the menu is good and they have a nice variety of food - I haven't had anything that has been poorly prepared. Happy hour is the ideal time to go (it gets packed) as they have awesome beer and drink specials and innovative cocktails. The service has been somewhat mixed - with large groups it takes a REALLY long time to get everything ordered and then out to the table. Also had a few friends who didn't have their dishes arrive as they had ordered them (but the waiter was new so we cut him some slack). Bartenders are great though. Overall it's a great option for casual food and drinks.

Visited May 2013