“Bravo Luciano”

Bigalora Wood Fired Cucina
Ranked #44 of 591 Restaurants in Ann Arbor
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Bravo Luciano”
Reviewed June 20, 2014

I stopped at Bigalora for my second visit while on a business trip in Ann Arbor. This time I sat at the bar and ordered the fried Shishito Peppers appetizer and a pint of Founder’s Nitro Pale Ale - a very tasty combination. My meal got even better with my second pint. Go for the Bacco with homemade sausage, roasted onion, and homemade mozzarella. It’s fantastic. An Italian friend of mine told me that Biga is Italian for a two-horse chariot of ancient Rome. Searching a bit further, I found that Biga is also a type of pre-fermentation used in Italian baking. Many popular Italian breads, including ciabatta, are made using a biga. Using a biga adds complexity to the bread's flavor and is often used in breads that need a light, open texture with holes. You can also find more about Biga on the Bigalora website under “our ingredients.” You must try this chewy pizza. It’s perfecto!

• Visited June 2014

Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Excellent pizza and salads, a bit on the loud side”
Reviewed June 9, 2014

To start, the atmosphere of the restaurant is visually nice and open; the down side is it gets fairly loud, which makes it hard for me to hear conversations (perhaps a personal problem). They have an extensive beer list with some very good beers, although it was work to figure out which one to get, but this seems to be a trend in some of these new restaurants. As far as the food, this is mostly a pizza place, and the pizza was outstanding. We have eaten here a couple times and it is consistently good. To start, we shared a couple salads among us, which were very tasty. Then we order a few pizzas to share, and I thought they were outstanding. The pizzas are thin, cooked perfectly, and with a tasty crust. And the pepperoni pizza was just outstanding, and I not always the biggest pepperoni lover. We have also had a few pizza and they were good as well; and you cannot go wrong with the cheese pizza. In summary, good salad and pizza, an overly complicated beer menu, and a bit loud, but we will be back in the next couple weeks for more.

• Visited June 2014
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Delicious, Friendly, Fun”
Reviewed May 27, 2014

This restaurant can be fun for a date, or you can bring the family. Casual yet hip. Delicious, authentic wood-fired pizza with the most delicious crust (try the capicolla with hot peppers and kalamata olives--yum--or the clam pizza with whole clams on top). Incredible roasted beet and arugula salad. Also try the roasted heirloom carrots with balsamic, goat cheese, and peanuts. Very creative cocktails, wide selection of craft beers, and good wine list. I initially found the ultra modern decor a bit sterile--gives the dining area a cafeteria feel--but I'm warming up to it. Actually, we've only eaten at the bar, which is fun if you're just with a spouse or friend. Prices are pretty good.

• Visited May 2014
USA
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Blah”
Reviewed May 24, 2014

Pizzas can often be burnt, food bland, waitress ignorant - I have eaten here several times, each time things get progressively worse. Let's hope it's just the summer help that made things worse.

• Visited May 2014
Buenos Aires, Argentina
“Good pizza”
Reviewed May 2, 2014 via mobile

We were here in May 2014.
Pizza was really good, and delivered almost immediately. Really thin crust.
They do have an interesting amount of local beers, and a pretty good amount of liquors such as Fernet, Cynar and Campari, which are not always present in US restaurants.
Atmosphere is good, although from the outside it seemed a little bit less busy.