“A great place and a wonderful inn keeper” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Burnt Toast Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ann Arbor
Burnt Toast Inn
Ranked #3 of 13 Ann Arbor B&B and Inns
Cleveland, Ohio
“A great place and a wonderful inn keeper”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2010

Our stay was brief, just one night, but it was memorable. A beautifully restored home on West Williams a couple of blocks from Main Street. Close enough to walk to lots of great restaurants in town but far enough away to have a great neighborhood feel. Our host was an extremely kind person who made us feel at home. We stayed in the attic - very cozy, luxurious bathroom, comfortable bed. Cool art throughout the house. We'll definitely be back.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2010

I had my wedding reception at The Burnt Toast Inn on Washington. The backyard was intimate and immaculately landscaped and just the right setting for my small(ish) party of 80.
Sarah, though a little flighty, managed to get everything organized and/or available on time and precisely, was very accommodating of our requests, and was overall a joy to work with. I feel like we made a lifelong family friend in the process!
We had our official religious ceremony out of state in my husband's hometown, and then came to Ann Arbor to have our party and another unofficial prayer in the gazebo during our gathering. It was both festive and sacred and afterwards we had our band play and people danced in the back yard.
Unlike most wedding venues we were not limited to what kind of vendors, or how many different caterers we could use. Since my husband and I have very eclectic tastes we wanted to have all our different favorite Ann Arbor foods at our celebration. We had several small cakes around the party from two different bakeries and food from Le Dog, Shalimar, Seoul Garden and Chop House. It was a lot of work, but very worth it.
The cost was very affordable compared with other locations we'd researched, and the rooms were clean and very nicely appointed. For dog lovers Buddy and Bo are the sweetest, friendliest dogs who melt everyone's hearts.
The Burnt Toast Inn isn't just a venue or a B&B, it's an experience I recommend to anyone.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank KajunKitty
Winter Park, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2010

We stayed at the Burnt Toast Inn of Ann Arbor earlier this month and had a fantastic time. The house is gorgeous, and Sarah has gone out of her way to make her guests comfortable. We loved everything from the robe & slippers in the closet, chocolate on the pillow, and a delicious breakfast in the morning. I hope we are able to stay again soon!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank laurashalda
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2010

My wife and I had a wonderful overnight stay in the Washington House of the Burnt Toast Inn. We booked at the last minute and Sarah very easily accomodated us. We had the entire house to ourselves and were welcomed by a spacious, well-appointed bedroom and a large bathroom stocked with shampoo, conditioner, lotions, oils and bath salts. We really enjoyed the front stoop where we unwound with a bottle of wine at the end of the evening.

Breakfast in the morning was delicious, with everything from granola and yogurt to eggs and bacon. Conversation with Sarah and the other guests was light and the atmosphere was extremely relaxed.

I would absolutely stay at the Burnt Toast Inn again and I am recommending it to my entire family who passes through Ann Arbor annually on our way up North.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Chatham, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2010

I recently visited Ann Arbor, MI for the first time and stayed at The Burnt Toast Inn on William St. It was marvelous on all counts.. I had a lovely, spacious room with a very comfortable, high,four poster antique bed with top quality, ironed linens, reading area, etc.. The bath was spacious ,also, with both an old-fashioned claw footed bath tub and a modern shower with two shower heads.

The Inn is filled with interesting objects from around the world, as well as many beautiful antiques. The owner, Sarah, was an absolute delight -- engaging, hospitable, and helpful. She also made a delicious breakfast every day.

The cozy living room was inviting for reading and socializing, as was the large front porch, where I enjoyed reading and watching the world go by. The location was convenient to both the University of MI and downtown. I found it an easy walk to both.

I felt very lucky to have found this charming B&B for my trip to Ann Arbor..

• Stayed June 2010, traveled solo
Vermilion, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2010

While we waited (for our daughter to meet us for dinner) we sat on the porch with a glass of wine and Sarah the owner came out with a cheese tray.! Between the wonderful dogs and Sarah we couldn't have felt more welcome.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2010

I loved this place -- rooms were very comfortable, breakfast was delicious, and Sarah was an incredible host. This place offers all that you could ask for from a B & B plus more: Sarah was a font of information about Ann Arbor. And the location, of course, couldn't be better. Thank you for a lovely stay -- I will be back and I will be sure to recommend it to friends and family.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled solo