“A charming haven, quiet but central, with tailor-made breakfasts and great dogs”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Burnt Toast Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ann Arbor
Burnt Toast Inn
Ranked #3 of 13 Ann Arbor B&B and Inns
Antwerp, Belgium
Reviewed July 7, 2009

We were attending a conference in the local area and every day we had cause to congratulate ourselves for choosing to stay at the Burnt Toast Inn rather than a soulless business hotel. Sarah was a very warm and open host who answered all our questions, prepared fantastic breakfasts (with variation every day), and really welcomed us into her tastefully decorated home. Although the weather was hot and muggy, the rooms were cool and airy, with very comfortable beds - I slept like a log.
The location is perfect - a couple of blocks away from Main St but with a leafy suburban quietness. If you don't want to stay in a charmless, identikit chain hotel, then look no further. The Burnt Toast Inn is HIGHLY recommended.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
IL
Reviewed June 19, 2009

This was my fourth stay at the Burnt Toast Inn, but my first stay at the Washington House. I was in the yard for a Wedding in May, and so I was thrilled when a business trip brought me back to Ann Arbor and gave me the opportunity to stay at the Washington House. Sarah the owner was warm and welcoming as usual. I spent my stay in the North Bedroom, which was roomy and comfortable, with a wonderful view of the garden from my window. After my conference I could unwind in the yard or catch up on my e-mail while relaxing in the living room. I went over to the main House on Williams for breakfast each morning on my way to my conference. Sarah served a variety of fresh fruits, cheeses, eggs and wide variety of gourmet breads. Of course there was a never ending pot of delicious coffee. Staying at the Burnt Toast Inn always makes the trip enjoyable!

Montreal, QC
Reviewed June 15, 2009

Beautiful bathrooms, an extraordinarily friendly and helpful owner, and just a lovely way to spend an evening and morning. I had never stayed here but often walked by and remembered how charming the house looked when I lived in Ann Arbor. A great stay. Breakfast was definitely different from your standard "continental" fare--fruit, fresh farm cheese, fresh eggs, and great coffee. A no brainer if you're on holiday or working in Ann Arbor.

Abbeville, Louisiana
Reviewed June 13, 2009

The Washington House has the most beautiful back yard; just perfect for a wedding or any other celebration. The outsided beckons you come and relax. Inside the house, you will enjoy the comfortable seating area and dining area. The bathrooms are updated and very nice. The location of the house is close to downtown making it easy for sightseeing, shopping, and eating!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles
Reviewed June 7, 2009

We were invited to the inn for a wedding party - this was at the Washington Street location, which I guess isn't the "main" house. The house was nice with a great living room/common area, and right next door to the pretty great Ann Arbor Y, which I definitely took advantage of. Sarah the owner made the large backyard a homey and welcoming spot with an outdoor bar setup, a gazebo, a firepit, and place for a band to play. It was all newly remodeled. The Washington st house is not exactly a B&B - it's more a do-it-yourself guest house. And since the whole wedding party booked it we didn't go to William st for Sarah's breakfasts - we went up the street to Cafe Zola for awesome food though. There's also a fully stocked kitchen which we didn't use very much but it would probably be good for longer stays. Our room was spacious with two beds and a nice street view. Two shared baths upstairs, and a good wireless connection for my mac. Onsite parking, which was really necessary because it looked like the street parking was taken up by people going to the Y!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with friends
Boston
Reviewed January 28, 2009

The room was warm, comfortable and cozy with big windows and plenty of extra blankets in case it got cold during the night. The breakfast was fantastic, lots of options and a freshly made. The smaller rooms share a bathroom, which has a nice shower with shampoo and soap provided. The owner is friendly and accommodating. The only complaint is that there wasn't much common area.
I would definitely stay there again the next time I'm in Ann Arbor.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank marie5374
Crystal Lake, IL
Reviewed January 19, 2009

This was the second time I stayed at Burnt Toasts Inn. Both times Sarah was very welcoming, the room was very clean. I love the dogs - who were well behaved and friendly. Breakfast was good, healthy and there was great conversation with other guests. I have stayed at many B&Bs. The atmosphere at Burnt Toast is homier than many....I liked that.

• Liked — friendly, homey, walk to town
  • Disliked — parking
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank cathfield