Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Ann Arbor Univ. Michigan Area
Ranked #17 of 34 Hotels in Ann Arbor
NJ
“Hmmmm”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

We had great hopes for this hotel but was a disappointment especially with housekeeping. We left the room for an entire day and the room was not cleaned. Housekeeping showed up at 2:00 and whined about how they had 3 floors to clean and could not not clean our room. Even after we left the room again, housekeeping just threw new towels and some shampoo and conditioner. Even the old coffee filter from prior guests were not cleaned. Otherwise it is close to campus and close to other stores if you want college supplies

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank vacationum
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Ann Arbor Univ. Michigan Area, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Dear vacationum,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. Please accept our sincerest apology for the housekeeping services you received that did not live up to your expectations. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and guest services are superior and strive to be the best hotel around. For that reason, the comments are troubling and will certainly be looked into. Thank you for staying and we hope you give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Reviewed August 28, 2013

For someone who is first time to Ann Arbor like myself, this is the hotel that I strongly recommended. I picked this hotel when I was in a hurry and thinking that since I was going to be here for 10 days getting ready for my son to go to university, I would have time to shop for a better and nearer to campus hotel.
On my day of arrival, after flying more than 20 hours from Singapore, the hotel people made me feel very much at home.
The most interesting thing that I would like to highlight was when I need a transport to go and get a telephone SIM card for me to call home, the General Manager Mark Kuykendall offered us his free shuttle service as a driver to derive me and my son to the nearby mall.
To me this is something that is very unusual, the shuttle driver was sick and Mark was busy running around. I have been to hotels in England ,other European countries and most Asia major cities AND I have never seen any General Manager willing to be a driver for this matter, they would only help you to call a cab.
All this made my 10 days in Ann Arbor very meaningful.
Regards,
William

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank William N
Reviewed August 19, 2013

I have stayed here on multiple occasions and find the staff to be friendly and the facility is clean and easy to access. No included breakfast is a shortcoming and one can go to fast food nearby. Coffee is coffee but not that good. Wish there was a good coffee and breakfast option available. Bar restaurant is one i have avoided. Would be better with a breakfast plan. I like the location for a hotel and rooms are clean. Find food and coffee elsewhere. Fast foods not great option but mall dining is nearby.

Room Tip: may want to select middle rooms closer to elevator and doors. Parking is not well oriented to rooms
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Bluff99
Toledo, Ohio
Reviewed August 8, 2013

I found almost every interaction with the hotel staff to be friendly and pleasant. Something that even translated to other guests at the hotel, as everyone was so friendly to us.

With many hotels, restaurants, and any other service-oriented businesses, the staff gives you the impression that the customer is interrupting them from doing what they really want to be doing. This can especially be the case when you've got young kids in tow.

I felt that our family was not only well received, but completely welcomed.

The only negative about this hotel was that the pool was extremely cold. I was surprised - literally shocked - by the cold pool as it is a small, indoor pool which does not seem difficult to heat.

Other than that, the traffic, because of construction all around the area, was a bit aggravating, but that is not under the control of the hotel. It seems the state of Michigan just closes the main highway without much notice. We only found this out when trying to get on the road to go home and the exit was closed. It was not easy to find a detour. Come on, state of Michigan.

Room Tip: The king suites are a great way to get kids to bed in one room and for adults to relax and watch a m...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank super-fan24
Senoia, Georgia
Reviewed August 4, 2013

We traveled to Michigan to compeat in the AAU Jr. Olympics. The manager Mark Kuykendall and his staff went out of their way to meet every need my family had. They made my family feel special. Everyday after my son compeated he would run to Mark's office to share stories about his day at the Jr. Olympics. Mark would stop what he was doing and listen to my 8 year old. Everybody on the staff made my son feel like a champion. If I ever get back to Ann Arbor, I will stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Aaron F
Ludington, Michigan
Reviewed July 26, 2013

Great stay starting with Kim at reception when we arrived. Made us feel very welcome. Great comfortable room and a good night's sleep. They have a very nice pool and are convenient to the U of M "Big House".

Room Tip: Close to the Briarwood Mall and just off I-94
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank MIRoadWarrior42416
Coarsegold, California
Reviewed July 22, 2013

This is a very good hotell located in an excellent area. It is very convenient to the University, business area, interstates,etc. The hotel was very nice and well maintained. The rooms are very clean and comfortable. The staff could not have been nicer. The rate was a good value for the area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business