“Great place to stay”

Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Ann Arbor Univ. Michigan Area
Ranked #18 of 35 Hotels in Ann Arbor
Reviewed July 30, 2012

Stay in the executive wing. It does not cost much more, but it feels exclusive. The hotel has a fun restaurant/ sports bar with a good menu - not gourmet, but sports bar good. And they have an excellent pool and fitness area.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Gary E

Reviewed July 23, 2012

Stayed here for two nights while on business. I don't typically stay at Holiday Inns, but it seemed to be the best choice from what was available by the time I booked. The room was clean and I found the bed very comfortable and selection of pillows a nice touch. I chose breakfast items off of the menu and found the selection more than adequate, though the omelets were a little overdone for my taste. The entire staff was very friendly and helpful. My only complaint was that the lobby was small. I sometimes like to work outside of my room and in a more relaxing atmosphere and, because there weren't any tables, my only other option was to use the business center. Great location for shopping and restaurants. I would stay again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Ginny1997
Reviewed July 22, 2012

Stayed here for four nights for baseball Tourny and it was great! The staff was very helpful and friendly. The hotel as well as our suite was very clean and the king size bed was very comfortable. We had a couple of minor issues with the tv and toiletry items, but were taken care of instantly. The manager was proactive and attentive, as well as his staff. Overall a great experience! Ann Arbor is a wonderful town. Plenty of restaurants and hotels. While there, we had a chance to visit the art fair and it was well worth the hassle of getting onto a shuttle bus for a five minute ride. Forget driving there, there's no place to park. U of M is awesome!!! We also had a chance to try the korean restaurant next door and liked it. The only negative remark i have about Ann Arbor is the way the roads are designed, confusing, an inconvenience and semi-dangerous. I definitely recommend visiting Ann Arbor and staying at holiday inn & suites on broadway. Thank you holiday inn & suites for making our stay an enjoyable one.

Room Tip: Bring garbage bags if you're traveling with family. Garbage can hotel provides is small.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 24, 2012

Stayed here one night in 2 queen room with family of 5. Room was smaller but new and clean. Beds were very comfortable and they had different firmness pillows that were labeled as such. Kids enjoyed the pool and hot tub and there was plenty of seating and towels.

Hotel has nice location, across from Briarwood Mall and short drive to UM campus and hospital. There are plenty of restaurants in area to choose from, many within walking distance. Good option for a short stay whether business or leisure.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank simbadusty
Reviewed April 23, 2012

I stayed at the Holiday Inn while on a business trip. There was a bit confusion initially finding the right hotel as there are a coup,e of Holiday Inns in the area. Although clean, The decor looks tired and breakfast is monotone and ordinary. On the plus side, it is next to a large mall and the bus stop is walking distance if you want to go down town.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed March 29, 2012

I've been staying at this hotel since it opened a few years ago. After staying in a newer Holiday Inn in Louisville, KY, just before arriving here, I was aware this time of just how dated the decor is at this one.
However, the hotel remains very convenient, clean, and friendly. It is within walking distance to my work.
The only caution here is to avoid any restaurant food other than breakfast. The breakfast is fine, but dinner is not.
The rooms are very comfortable, and the bedding is excellent. All in all, a recommended hotel.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed March 14, 2012

I stayed at the Holiday Inn while in Ann Arbor for a week of training at my new employer. I was very pleasantly surprised at check in. The hotel was much nicer than I expected. My room was clean and spacious. I ate at the hotel restaurant the first night, and for breakfast each day, and the food was decent (and very reasonably priced). The gym facilities were good as well.

What helped to make the stay great was the service from the staff. Everyone was so nice, led by the manager Mark. He actually drove us to our HQ each day, and gave us some great tips on places to see or eat in Ann Arbor. On a night that he was working late, he even drove us to downtown Ann Arbor, saving us a cab ride.

I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone traveling for business or pleasure. I will happily stay here if I need to make a return trip to Ann Arbor.

Stayed: March 2012