“Perfect place for what we needed.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ann Arbor
First Street Garden Inn
Ranked #8 of 13 Ann Arbor B&B and Inns
Berlin,WI
“Perfect place for what we needed.”
Reviewed September 30, 2008

Mere words cannot say what a great place this is. It was the perfect match for what we needed. I contacted Kathy about 9 months ago to reserve the rooms. My husband and I and another 2 guys had the whole house to ourselves. It was wonderful. We were there for a Wisconsin Badger game. We walked everywhere. It was about halfway between the stadium and downtown. We stayed 2 nights and the breakfasts were unbelievable. We had sherry in the sitting room, champagne at night, perrier water in the room and even could have had a picnic in the backyard if we wanted. Kathy and Mike will do just about anything for you. Never met nicer people while on a trip. There was only one drawback and that was the train early Saturday morning at 3am and 5am going through. It had to blow the horn several times at about 4 or 5 intersections. Kathy also made sure we had a map of the town and told us of several places to eat and things to do. She also told us that about 75 people had contacted her for the house after I had reserved it, so I'm so glad I researched as early as I did. This is a beautiful 100 year old home in a great location.

• Liked — All the little extras that we didn't expect.
  • Disliked — The train noise one morning.
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with friends
1 Thank kbk54923

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Boston
Reviewed August 15, 2008

We came to Ann Arbor for my brother's wedding knowing we'd need a peaceful place to relax during our free time. My mother googled 'Ann Arbor Bed & Breakfast' and thought the First Street Garden Inn sounded nice; she was right. The breakfasts were of very high quality - I'm not an early riser when on vacation, but for this week made sure to set my alarm lest I sleep through the morning and miss breakfast! The rooms were lovely and very clean; the bathroom off the front room was especially beautiful. I enjoyed reading in the garden and watching the Olympics in the comfortable TV room. My family and I highly recommend to all Ann Arbor travelers the First Street Garden Inn!

• Liked — Breakfasts & garden
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank Hubbard3
Alameda, CA
Reviewed May 7, 2008

My wife and I spent two nights in the suite, a spacious and well-decorated room. Kathy and Mike are incredibly nice and helpful and Kathy's breakfasts were the best. One morning included cheddar and chive scones...the best scones my wife has ever had

Stayed May 2008
Oxford
Reviewed May 3, 2008

As a research student I've spent a lot of time traveling around the United States by myself which can be very lonely. Motel's are never homely, so I was delighted to find Kathy and Mike's B&B which completely exceeded my expectations.

Throughout my prolonged stay I was made to feel at home. Mike and Kathy are extremely affable, and generous to the point of my embarrassment. They really went out of their way to help me get around and give me dining (and drinking!) ideas. Mike even connected me with a fantastic interview subject for my thesis!

Their home was extremely comfortable, and I was encouraged to enjoy the space - dining room table (for work), TV room, piano etc. Breakfast was a real treat with a different menu every morning - especially impressive given that I stayed two weeks!

I will definitely stay there again if I ever return to Ann Arbor.

• Liked — Homely atmosphere
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank rossnicolson2
Snohomish
Reviewed April 25, 2008

We stayed at the First Street Garden Inn in April, 2008. Kathy and Mike, the owners, have lived in Ann Arbor for 15-plus years and could tell us almost anything that we wanted to know about their town. We found that they were always willing to help. In fact, they drove us to the University area and offered to pick us up also.

Their Inn is very charming--love the art deco touches and the fresh flowers; all is very clean and neat. The meals were delicious and different each morning. They asked about special dietary requirements and what time we needed breakfast in order to work with our schedule.

All in all, it was a great stay, specifically tailored to our needs and definitely well worth the money. We will certainly be back.

Kathie and David Blanding

• Liked — Location and catering to our specific needs
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple
NJ
Reviewed April 24, 2008

A lovely facility and the hosts were so helpful. They both went above and beyond to make my stay comfortable and informative. The breakfasts were delicious, the beds cozy, and the atmosphere restful!

• Liked — The peacefulness
  • Disliked — N/A
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled on business
Savannah, Georgia
Reviewed April 12, 2008

Small and personal, the innkeepers are super hosts. They were so helpful with hints and ideas for my daughter and I as we used the inn as our base while we looked for an apartment for her for when she will move to Ann Arbor for graduate studies at UM. Breakfast was yummy - everytime! The rooms were charming and spacious. My first B&B experience, I may never stay at a hotel ever again!
Joyce

• Liked — Congenial innkeepers
  • Disliked — 2nd floor, stairs only
  • Stayed April 2008