“One of our favorite restaurants”
Review of West End Grill

West End Grill
Ranked #34 of 592 Restaurants in Ann Arbor
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
South Lyon, Michigan
“One of our favorite restaurants”
Reviewed August 17, 2014

My husband and I have been to West End Grill many times over the last several years, and each experience is as good as the last. It is a small restaurant so reservations are a good idea. The menu is written on a chalkboard and the server memorizes each dish and recites it. I'm always amazed how they can do this! Although there are many choices, we always end up getting the Chillean Sea Bass because it is so good! The meal comes with a salad and bread. It is expensive, but worth every penny. That's why we keep coming back!

• Visited June 2014

Grand Rapids, Michigan
“Pricey for very good, not excellent, food”
Reviewed August 6, 2014 via mobile

Went here for a business dinner. By choice, we sat at the bar. The place was not busy at all, and we could have easily gotten a table. I am guessing that had more to do with the time of year, as most of the A2 restaurants we walked past were quiet.

We started with the Tuna Poke appetizer, which was very good, but not necessarily unique. I had the Halibut, which also was good, but slightly dry. They do have a decent wine selection by the bottle, but by the glass it is quite limited. As noted by others, it is not inexpensive to dine here. If ordering wine, plan $100+ per person.

The one oddity about the West End Grill is the interior decor. It is pretty dated, which just seemed out of place with the style of the food they are serving. That said, that fact alone would not keep me from coming back and dining here again.

Visited August 2014
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Every meal is always excellent”
Reviewed August 1, 2014 via mobile

I've eaten here once or twice a year for the past decade. Every meal is excellent, with great service to boot.

For a fine dining experience, consider this one of the best spots in downtown Ann Arbor. Be prepared to shell out A LOT of money, but it's actually worth it.

1 Thank A2Boy
Mexico City, Mexico
“Completely worth it”
Reviewed July 29, 2014 via mobile

It's the second time I return to west end and it won't be the last. I'm happy to say that my experience was consistent with the first. The food in general is of great taste and quality with various options and flavors. The service is good ,friendly and has good knowledge of the food menu and wine menu. Although it is not cheap you feel that you get what you are paying. I would definitely recomend this place. On the down side and this is completely subjective,the cofee they offer could be better.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank mayito054
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Great appetizers, great meal, not cheap.”
Reviewed July 1, 2014

Reservations required. To start, I love the atmosphere in the West End Grill. It is small and quaint and a good setting for fine dining. We have been here a few times, and the food is just outstanding each time. Starting with the appetizers, the seafood strudel and the veal meatballs are just amazing and I highly recommend each. I also had the caprese salad, which was equally good. For my meal I had the scallops and they were perfectly good and very tasty. We were a party of 6, and everyone was extremely happy with their meal and other overall dining experience. This is fine dining and most certainly one of Ann Arbors best restaurants (same league as Chop House, Gratzi’s, etc.). Of course, this type dining is not cheap and our bill was about $50/person. We will most certainly be back.

• Visited June 2014