“Awful”

Conor O'Neill's Traditional
Reserve with OpenTable
Conor O'Neill's Traditional is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #54 of 600 Restaurants in Ann Arbor
Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Liberty/Williams
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Well, the good news is they have a great selection of beers and the food was wonderful. That being said, I will not return and do not reccomend this place to anybody. We were greeted at the door by a flustered hostess who was working with a boy who must have been about 14. The manager stepped in, muttered something to the employees and then was very rude. I asked to sit in the front and apparently it was a burden to accommodate me. My meal came out immediately after my salad and was cold by the time I was ready to move on to the next course. It was tasty but not worth the service. The staff was chit chatting with each other the entire time, mostly leaning against the wall. Several girls had their hair hanging over their shoulders which made me a little nervous about their care about cleanliness when handling food. The manager never seemed to shake her bad mood. She stomped around causing a very uncomfortable environment and seemed very fake as she wished me a nice evening. An Irish pub should be welcoming and warm. This experience was anything but.

There are newer reviews for Conor O'Neill's Traditional

Reviewed September 16, 2012

The food might have meant to be eclectic but it did not thrill. It's like when you expect something and you receive something else, it had better be waaaaay better than what you were expecting if you're trying to be "different". I can't say that about the food we ordered.

The location, on the other hand, is fantastic - main street Ann Arbor - nice people watching.

I might go there again, to see if perhaps, that first time I went, the chef was not quite feeling too good.

Reviewed August 2, 2012

Stop by Conor O'Neill's as it did look like a trad Irish pub from the outside. Ordered an Irish coffee and was very disappointed. The whipped cream was chemical tasting and coffee was weak with little brown sugar, if any. My husband and I shared a Strawberry Rhubard Crumble that is a trad dessert in ireland. Not bad but not enough to draw us back. If you want trad Irish pub grub and atmosphere it would be best to keep looking.

1  Thank StoneWiegman
Reviewed July 18, 2012

Classic Irish pub dishes, great beer selections. Can't beat it - will be there again in a few weeks!

Reviewed July 10, 2012

Went today for lunch here ... lovely location .. beautiful City .. I'm Irish so was expecting something tacky but was very impressed ... there was no one seated at the bar but this was to be expected at lunchtime .. I ordered the traditional Irish boxty meal ... been a chef in Ireland for years so was intrigued to what this would be ... my 2 guests ordered Fish and Chips ....waiting staff were fine and friendly .... American ...nice people ... anyways food came out and as soon as i saw my meal compared to the guests i knew i had made the wrong choice ... i had salad .. something that looked like a burnt pancake and inside was chicken and frozen peppers etc and sprayed on top was some sort of mayo .... i ate the chicken which was freezing and left the rest ... I'm not going to condemn the place for this .. i should have stuck to what i knew ... but if i was this restaurant i would take this dish of the menu ... it felt like Gordon Ramsey's kitchen nightmare eating it .it really was terrible .. worst dish i have ever been served .. my 2 guests enjoyed the Fish and chips and fish sandwich .. the fish sandwich had processed cheese on top of the fish which was a bit odd .... i ate the last bit of my friends fish and chips .. i really should have complained but i felt odd being the token Irish guy .... bar/restaurant was nice .. something i would expect to find in a place like Dublin or Belfast ...my advice go here but avoid at all costs the authentic "Irish" dishes and to be honest there maybe would be a cheaper alternative very near by

2  Thank Jay D