“Home away from home.”

Ann Arbor Bed & Breakfast Inn
Ranked #1 of 13 Ann Arbor B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 8, 2010

I have stayed at the Ann Arbor B&B a number of times and I am happy to keep coming back. Pat and Bob are great hosts. The rooms are comfortable and much better than what you would find in a hotel. The access to computers, Wifi, DVDs, etc. is a wonderful feature. The breakfasts are terrific as well.

I highly recommend it.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business

Reviewed August 7, 2010

Loved the Ann Arbor B&B ! They could not be any nicer and the breakfast was wonderful. It was great to have access to a computer and be able to print out my boarding ticket. Nice room, not much of a view but the bed and pillows were really comfortable.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed August 4, 2010

The Ann Arbor Bed & Breakfast is a rare gem. We will surely return for the warm atmosphere and exceptionally friendly hosts. The rooms are truly novel---ours was the "Laguna Room," which, in less capable hands, could really be tacky. This was simply fun, and every detail showed humor and care. The B&B was right in the heart of Ann Arbor, so everything we wanted to see and do was just a few minutes' walk. At the end of the evening, we felt like we were coming home. We will gladly stay there again and recommend it warmly!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 19, 2010

This is a terrific B&B right in the midst of the UM central campus, walking distance to all key locations (Zingermans, public market, student union etc.). The room was very nice, beds were extremely comfortable, breakfast was excellent and bountiful.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed July 3, 2010

The Ann Arbor Bed and Breakfast was a lovely three story house located right at the intersection of Huron and Fletcher in the central campus area. I was in town for an ICPSR workshop during the summer and thought I’d try a bed and breakfast instead of the Dahlmann Inn, which seems to be one of the big local hotels and looked like any other big hotel. The Ann Arbor Bed and Breakfast was more competitively priced and included breakfast, which was prepared by Marcia, one of the owners. I believe they can handle custom breakfast requests, but since I’m not a picky eater, I just had whatever was offered (Day 1: waffles and bacon, Day 2: ham and eggs, Day 3: fresh fruit and yogurt).

I stayed in the Frontier Room, which was comparable in size to a typical hotel room. The room also had an outdoor patio, which had a view of the neighbor’s yard. Still, it was nice and clean if I wanted to read outdoors. It also had a desk and a large, comfortable king sized bed with tons of pillows and two large red leather chairs. Different rooms have different themes, though, which you can see on their website. I found a basket with a variety of snacks on the desk. I wasn’t sure if there was a charge for them (as there would be at most hotels), but there really were no extra charges for anything here. The common area also had soda, coffee, tea, and fruit you could take anytime. For those from out of town (like me), there were also maps and a lengthy list of places to eat. In case you forgot a toothbrush, toothpaste, shower cap, etc., I saw a bunch of travel-sized toiletries available as well, although I had brought everything I needed with me.

Although I was here by myself on business, the place can definitely accommodate families. The room had a tv and a dvd player. The television had cable available. Dvds were available to borrow (for free) from a large collection in the common area next to the dining area. They were all a bunch of mainstream movies of varying ratings (G-R). A pleasantly fast, free wifi connection is also available for you to use, either with your own computer or with the one in the common area, which also has a printer you can use. The bedroom had a rollaway bed/mattress and extra pillow stored in the closet.

My only complaints about this place are that the trash cans were a little small, as was the dresser. But really, that’s it. Everything else about the place was nice, including the decorations, the price, the location, all the available free goodies, breakfasts, and the friendliness of the owners and staff. In the event that I’m ever in Ann Arbor again, I’ll probably repeat my stay. Whether travelling alone on business, with the family, or looking for a quiet couples retreat, it seems like it’d be hard to go wrong with this place.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed April 29, 2010

My second time staying at Ann Arbor B&B confirmed for me that there is simply no better place to stay in Ann Arbor. Breakfasts are delicious and your hosts Pat and Bob will cook any extras you want. The inn and rooms have everything you could want from extra toothbrushes (in case you forgot yours) to a guest computer and fridge, to movies to watch on the giant flat screen to comfy mattresses, sheets and plush towels. There's free parking at the inn (not that you need a car in Ann Arbor) and the location is perfect for enjoying U-Mich, the Arboretum and downtown Ann Arbor. Pat and Bob have free passes to the U-Mich Rec Center for you and endless suggestions for good spots to eat, shop, etc. I've stayed as a solo traveler and with my two daughters. Each visit was wonderful. Pat and Bob are so welcoming; you will immediately feel like you're at home here.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed December 18, 2009

Moved away from the area in 2006 after having raised my family in a nearby small town. Never knew this gem was in Ann Arbor. Now I wouldn't stay anywhere else when returning to visit the kids and Ann Arbor. We stay at a lot of wonderful bed and breakfasts. This one was the first one where I felt I wasn't a guest, I was home.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled on business