“Ann Arbor B&B - Amazing Stay!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ann Arbor Bed & Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ann Arbor
Ann Arbor Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 13 Ann Arbor B&B and Inns
Toronto, Canada
“Ann Arbor B&B - Amazing Stay!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2014

We stayed here for the Winter Classic in January 2014. Perfect location, walking distance to everything fun in Ann Arbor. The staff are very helpful and accommodating. They even went out of their way to reserve a spot for us on the shuttle bus to the game without us asking for it. Now that is GREAT service!

Bedroom and private shower were very clean, and a nice personal touch with afternoon turn down service. Also, definitely don't want to forget the breakfast. It was absolutely delicious. Fantastic way to start the day!

You should stay here, you won't regret it.

Room Tip: I popped my head in most of the rooms (if they were empty) they all looked great!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Fayetteville, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2013

I stayed at the Ann Arbor Bed & Breakfast while in town for a men's basketball game at the University of Michigan. The inn is conveniently located on the campus and provides free, covered parking which is definitely nice. There are two floors with rooms located on each. The owners were extremely nice and helpful during my weekend stay. When you arrive, you ring the bell and they buzz you in.

I was in the Rainforest room on the second floor. The room's motif, as the name states, focused on what you think of a rainforest. Most of the decorations focused on frogs and birds. There were little touches throughout, including a toucan light by the bed and another as a night light next to the bathroom. The queen bed was comfortable and nice and soft. There was a rocking chair next to the bed as well, which other than the chair at the desk, was the only additional seating in the room. The bathroom had only a shower and no tub, which was fine with me. As with the main room there were little touches of the rainforest. There was a cup holder that was a series of frogs that held the disposable cups in the middle. They also had two regular glasses as well.

While there were no real big issues with the room, there were a few minor things. First, the blinds didn't close all the way allowing light into the room. Second, the television only had one functional channel. I'm not sure what the issue was, but don't know if it was an issue with the signal or the television. I wasn't too concerned as I was only there for a night. If I was there longer and wanted to see a favorite show I would've been disappointed. However the biggest issue was the temperature of the room. It was too hot for my liking and it wasn't possible to adjust the temperature yourself. As it was snowing and cold outside it wasn't feasible to open the window.

They provided snacks and drinks anytime in the main area including fruit and coffee. There is also a DVD library with a variety of movies that you can watch back in your room. A small library with books was located in a small room on the third floor. There is also a computer with a printer in case you need it. There is fast and reliable internet in the rooms as well. In case you want to store your own food or drinks, there is also a guest refrigerator next to the Rainforest room.

Breakfast was a warm quiche and a selection of cereal, fruit and bread. Everyone sat around a main table which lead to everyone talking with each other. The food was good and was sufficient to hold you over until lunch. Breakfast started at around 0900 each morning. As I was only there for a night, I don't know how much it changed.

Overall I found the Ann Arbor Bed & Breakfast a very good place to spend the night and better than staying at a chain hotel. It was worth the price and would definitely stay again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2013

I stayed at the Ann Arbor Bed & Breakfast while interviewing at Michigan, and it was a great place to stay. Close to campus and the State St/Main St attractions, and the staff was extremely accommodating. My interview was before the standard time for breakfast, so they offered to wake up early enough to make breakfast before I had to leave! The rooms are uniquely themed and mine was fully equipped with great amenities. I'd definitely go back!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Cambridge, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2013

seems to be run by a couple who really care. we had a beautiful room with skylights and a small balcony; excellent breakfast and the place is filled with neat antiques. We stayed right before halloween and the whole front yard and porch were covered with inflatable pumpkins, cats, and even a spider that would turn toward you just as you were pulling in. would stay again.

I accidentally left a nice sweater there and they even mailed it back to me. Thank you AABNB!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2013

I was looking for a place to stay near campus and the B&B was amazing! The small team that runs the place is very attentive and helpful. The other guests were friendly and welcoming as well. I was afraid it would be a little cheesy…but it wasn't at all. Made me feel at home!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
brooklyn, ny
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2013

I am really torn about writing this review. My son goes to Michigan and we've stayed here many times. (I think I've even reviewed it before). Anyway, I've stayed at the Campus Inn which is really nice and the Kensington (which is kind of meh) but Ann Arbor In is by far the best. My favorite room is the Maine Woods. It's huge, it's comfortable, it's filled with bears and other cabin related tropes. There's candy in the rooms. There's candy as you go upstairs to your rooms. There are snacks and sodas. Amazing breakfast. Very fun atmosphere. Walk to campus. Pat and Bob are the nicest people in Ann Arbor. It's basically the Zingerman's of Inns. (Highest compliment I can pay). I'm from Brooklyn, I've traveled all over the world. I'm super picky about where I stay. I look forward to coming here so much that I'm already feeling sad about when my son graduates. So what should you do if you're coming to Ann Arbor to visit the school, or go to conference or see your kids? Stay here and have a true A2 experience. And I hope I am paying it forward by raving, not blowing my chances at getting a room the next time I come to town. Go Blue!!!! P.S. It's super clean and nice and the beds are really comfortable and the ocean view room has a hot tub. But it's way, way more than that.

Room Tip: The Maine Woods is my fave.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
East Lansing, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2013

We only spent one night at AA B&B, but it was a good one. The bed was comfortable and the bath had adequate counter space (always a plus for us). Although the proprietors were out of town, the "substitute" hostess very personable and a good cook. Breakfast was more than adequate with a great variety of delicious selections. The location was perfect for us -- we could walk to both restaurants we went to and to both theaters where we attended performances. This is extra important considering Ann Arbor's always car-filled streets.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple