“Vegan wonderland”

Ranked #11 of 609 Restaurants in Ann Arbor
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed July 12, 2014

Being vegan in Michigan isn't easy, but this place is great. It was once a Cart and now a nice little restaurant serving great food.

The service is great, but the food was even better. We went on a Saturday and got to each a delicious brunch. Excellent flavor in the breakfast burrito. We also enjoyed the potatoes that were cooked to perfection with a great spice. Our daughter gobbled up the pancakes which were light and fluffy and egg free!

Reviewed July 3, 2014

Best Bahn Mi I've ever had. I am a little obsessed with it and I'm not even a vegetarian. I bit into my first one and said "YUM" out loud. Cute restaurant. Nice people who own and run it.

Reviewed June 30, 2014

Very nice veggie place. It started as one of Mark's Carts and is now its own small restaurant serving delicious vegetarian food.

Reviewed June 30, 2014

everything about the lunch room is top of the line & five star,the great food,the service & the friendly staff.Trust me.It's all good.

Reviewed June 10, 2014

My husband (mostly vegan) and I (vegan) decided to stop at The Lunch Room during a road trip into Michigan based solely on the reviews we saw online. In a word: incredible. The food was fresh, homemade, and delicious. We shared the Southwest Chopped Salad, the Tempeh Reuben, and the Bahn Mi. I am kind of obsessed with vegan Bahn Mi sandwiches, and this was one of the best I have had. Somehow we managed to make room for dessert and split a Boston Creme Pie donut (my absolute FAVORITE before going vegan two years ago) that had great flavor. I brought home what might be the single best brownie I have EVER consumed - vegan OR non-vegan...a chocolate chip cookie dough brownie. I ate the whole thing myself and let's just say my husband wasn't super happy about it. I'll tell you who was. Me.

I am very lucky to live in a super vegan-friendly city, but this was probably the best vegan food I have ever had. My husband agreed that the food was outstanding and great for anyone.

Well done, Lunch Room. (slow clap)

1  Thank CLETravelBugs