“Good Food but don't rely on the names” 4 of 5 bubbles

The Lunch Room
Ranked #12 of 588 Restaurants in Ann Arbor
Cuisines: American
Good for: Kids, Local cuisine, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dexter, Michigan
“Good Food but don't rely on the names”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2014

We had an enjoyable dinner that this new vegan restaurant. My wife ordered pad thai. She loved it. It looked like the traditional dinner but the noodles and flavors were definitely not thai.
I had the Banh mi chay vegan version of the Vietnamese sandwich. In this case the sandwich spread tasted right, the tofu was good, but the bread was more Russian(dense) then French.
We both thought the desserts were excellent. The kitchen is very slow. It was crowded seating limited, but definitely worth a visit

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Chicago, Illinois
“LOOOOOVE THIS PLACE!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2014

While on a road trip through Ann Arbor, MI, we decided to stop somewhere for lunch & unwind. I will fully admit, we had no idea the restaurant was vegan when we chose it. Honestly, I'm glad we didn't know or we might have missed out on this gem.

The food was DELICIOUS!!! My friends & I each had different meals, plus desert. I had the Southwestern salad & we split 3 deserts. Everything was flavorful, delectable & filling!
The general consensus around the table was, this place rocks!
The food was clearly amazing, atmosphere was perfect, the staff was extremely helpful & friendly.

The Lunch Room is a MUST if your driving through, visiting, live in or near Ann Arbor, MI.

• Visited January 2014
2 Thank Christie8417
Ann Arbor MI
“Fresh, Sassy & Healthy...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2014

...and that's just the food! :-) So glad they've moved from Mark's Carts to a cozy year round location. The Lunch Room is great for tasty food - eat in or take away. In the summer, it's terrific to sit outside on the Kerrytown court. Multiple veggie & GF options - spiced well - terrific owners! And they feature local artists - isn't this just the best!

Visited January 2014
1 Thank GBAnnArbor
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Yum”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2013 via mobile

I love this place. The freshness and seasonings are so welcome. We eat there once a week. My granddaughter says they hsve the best limeaid around!

1 Thank arbor48108
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Fantastic and tasty vegetarian and vegan food and nice service too.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2013

Seriously good food and relaxing atmosphere! I had a breakfast burrito that I liked it was a little heavy on the brown rice and light on the kale but good all the same. My friend ordered the pancakes and they were delicious crisp around the edges and real maple syrup . I am hoping to get one of the ginger scones when I return and I will return plenty of times I am sure..The service was kind and helpful and I appreciate that, living in Ann Arbor it is often not the case. Great place to dine if you are in the Kerry town shopping district especially for the farmers or artist market!

• Visited November 2013