“old time theatre”
Review of Michigan Theater

Michigan Theater
Ranked #10 of 93 things to do in Ann Arbor
Reviewed August 28, 2014

This is an original style of movie theatre and we visit as often as we can, but we live out of town. They have an organ and organist playing before the performance.

Reviewed August 24, 2014

Personally, I love these old theaters. I feel that anywhere you sit you can see the stage because of how the seating progressively gets higher.
The only thing that I found a bit odd was how if you wanted to purchase an alcoholic beverage you had to buy a $5 membership card. I thought that was a bit ridiculous. Especially considering not everyone was buying them and still got served. The bar tenders don't ask everyone to see their membership card, which is why some people got away with not buying the card. I know it is only $5 but I still have never seen that before and found it strange.
The theater is conveniently located to many bars and restaurants in the city of Ann Arbor, which is great for dinner before or after the shows.

Reviewed August 18, 2014

Great when they are showing what they scheduled. Sometimes the schedule changes with a few days notice.

Reviewed August 12, 2014

Only negative was it got very hot in there especially up in the balcony. Would come again and just wear less clothes

Reviewed August 12, 2014

this theatre is old time beautiful! the concert we attended felt intimate. it would be a shame to miss seeing this landmark, as there are very few theatres like this that can take you down memory lane!