“Such a cozy and restful place!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ann Arbor
Library Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #11 of 13 Ann Arbor B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 13, 2010

I stayed at the Library B&B while attending a conference in Ann Arbor, but spent a good amount of the trip enjoying the town with my partner as well. I had such a nice time. Joan is extremely welcoming, has fascinating stories to tell, and cooks marvelous breakfasts. We stayed for several nights and each morning she served something new: souffle, quiche, even a "Dutch baby" pancake. The breakfasts were hearty, but Joan didn't mind that I couldn't finish them. The house itself is charmingly decorated with a large number of books, and as other reviewers have said there is a kitchenette available to use. For me personally, a good shower is paramount, and the Library did not disappoint! The location is also terrific as it is within easy walking distance of campus and downtown. It's in an area where students live, but it was clean and not noisy at all. Joan provides every convenience that makes a B & B enjoyable (robes and reading pillows in the rooms, maps and guides for getting around town), and the only reason I marked four out of five for the sleep quality was that I have a sensitive back and the beds were so soft that I was a little uncomfortable (I prefer a firmer bed). I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this place to anyone--I would love to go back!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank tango1242
There are newer reviews for Library Bed and Breakfast

Reviewed October 23, 2009

This is in a great location and Joan is a very nice host. The room was comfortable and the common area was welcoming. I was however not expecting to share a bathroom down the hall.

I was also excited about the breakfast but it was a big disappointment. I have read so many nice reviews about the delicious breakfast however I was there on a morning where she didn't not cook at all. She served a small fruit salad and homemade muesli/granola. No hot food at all. I was told that Thursday was the only day of the week that she does not cook and it was my only morning there. I was disappointed because it was the reason I stay at a Bed and Breakfast, rather than a normal hotel, and the HOJO that I stayed at in East Lansing the day before served hot continental breakfast.

It is also good to know that she has cats in case you have an allergy like me.

I would have rather stayed at a hotel with more privacy at a less expensive rate.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
2  Thank Signladybug
Reviewed September 2, 2009

Its like staying in a museum of books, with a wonderful intro to Univ of Michigan with so many details of the univ. Mrs Joan is a wonderful host, who loves to personally cook and serve a sumptuous breakfast everyday. You can forget time, just chatting with her. A wonderful stay in a boutique inn filled with books.. Thanks Mrs Joan.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed July 8, 2009

Researchers in American History, may have to use the Clement Library at the University of Michigan for research, while others need to go to the University of Michigan for conferences. Ann Arbor is an expensive town, but if you need a nice place to stay, may I suggest the Library Bed and Breakfast? It is a short two or three block walk from the Clement, and costs only about 75 a night---which is about half of most of the other local hotels, without the driving and parking hassles. Off street parking is available. The Library is run by a very interesting woman, who has some connection to the U of Michigan's music or band department, and is full of books---including miniatures---University of Michigan memorabilia, and an extensive collection in the bathroom of rubber duckies. There is no television, so after a hard day of researching, its nice to relax in the comfortable salon and read some of her collection. (There is also no wireless internet, but that should be available at several nearby places) Cooking facilities are available, and it is a short walk to downtown and the campus, with its many cheap eating establishments. The beds were nice, and the breakfasts were very memorable---I'd say my first one would have cost 15 dollars in a hotel. This was my first experience in a long time with bed and breakfasts, but it was a great one! Several cats, but only at breakfast (I love cats, but not everyone does). Overall, a great experience at an inexpensive price. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed January 5, 2009

Wow wow wow. This is a book lover's paradise. When I stayed there, I was treated like a queen with great breakfasts and driven to where I needed to go on campus. This was my second time here. The last time I had strep throat and rather than take a cab to the train, she drove me. Needless to say, Joan goes all out for her guests. There's a mystery room, a poetry room and a miniature books room and in addition, you can hang out in a living room and adjoining kitchenette where I cooked a couple meals. Hope to go back some day soon.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
1  Thank lynnebogo
Reviewed October 15, 2008

The Library is wonderful and Joan makes such an effort to make your stay enjoyable. Our son got sick and needed medical care. Joan drove us to the emergency room, helped with doctors, pharmacies, and was all around great. She is a wealth of information about the University and the area. The book collection is unbelievable in itself. Will return.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank AlohafromPlano
Reviewed June 1, 2008

We absolutely loved the Library B & B. The owner, Joan was articulate, gracious and welcoming. Breakfasts were delicious. We had no problem parking and it is centrally located. Our room was very clean and quiet with its own floor to ceiling library. My teenage daughter was in heaven and spent her free time reading newly discovered poetry aloud to me. What a surprise delight. As we were driving away, she said "Can we stay there whenever we visit Ann Arbor?"

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled with family