“Great Burger and Mac n Cheese”

Zingerman's Roadhouse
Ranked #16 of 668 Restaurants in Ann Arbor
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Maple Road
Reviewed October 19, 2018

Lunch was a little pricey but delicious. A bacon cheeseburger was about $21. It was delicious. My daughter had the Mac N Cheese which was also very good. We did not try any drinks or desserts. We will definitely will be back to try more options.

Date of visit: October 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (1,203)

Reviewed October 18, 2018

My girl friend and I love the weekly specials at Zingerman's Roadhouse otherwise this restaurant is somewhat unaffordable. We prefer to sit at the cocktail bar or at the high bar in front of the kitchen because it's fun to converse with the staff and watch/be a part of the action. The staff is generous, and we are often presented with bonus items like mis-fired baskets of sweet potato fries and left over pastries.

Everyone gets Zingerman's bread and butter with their order. As much as you can eat. Both are so tasty! I also highly recommend having your bread with their olive oil.

Our order is pretty standard. She generally gets the hominy burger with cheddar, while I enjoy Mama's meatloaf which has the best flavor and texture that I've ever eaten! The closest thing to the meatloaf is a Romanian meat dish called Drob that I've never found on a restaurant menu. On Thursdays, I usually get the Blue Plate BBQ, and we split a beet salad with goat cheese. Both the specials come with mashed potatoes or fries, and they'll give you an second helping if you ask.

The wine, beer, and liquor selections are off the hook! A little pricey but of course the quality and variety are exceptional.

We're usually too stuffed for dessert, but we absolutely enjoy the salted caramels that are sold at the hostess stand and always buy some on our way out.

The ambiance of this place is bustling and the attire is casual. The bathrooms are always clean, there's plentiful, well-lit parking, and it's not far from the freeway or downtown.

Reviewed October 16, 2018

not a good roadhouse establishment. Poorly made well drinks, wine served in a regular glass and a forgetful waitress .Fried chicken was good, but entrée came before appetizers. Told the server to cancel the appetizers, at least they didn't add to our bill. Even with a confirmed reservation, had to wait 40 minutes for the table.

Reviewed October 15, 2018

Traveling from Ohio to Lake Leelanau, we stopped here for lunch. We had the fried chicken, the meat loaf special and the chocolate pudding. All were very good...fresh, well-prepared, delicious. Fortunately, reading the reviews in advance prepared me for the prices which are very high! We had a short wait so I perused the various food items for sale in the front...chocolate bars and other candies. Wow...they were also extravagantly priced, although I did spring for several of the Zingerman's candy bars which were outstanding and well-worth $4. Our service was excellent and I would stop here again.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed October 13, 2018 via mobile

We enjoyed an outstanding breakfast with excellent service. Highly recommend reservations at this very popular establishment. Fabulous Mac and Eggs Eggs. Zingerman’s is famous for their Mac and Cheese. The Huevos Rancheros were outstanding and best of all the Bacon Skillet . We’ve eaten here several time over the years and it’s definitely one of our favorite Ann Arbor stops.