“Better places for dinner in AA”

Zingerman's Roadhouse
Ranked #5 of 609 Restaurants in Ann Arbor
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Maple Road
Reviewed July 25, 2014

We have eaten several times here. Our breakfast has always been very good. However, we had dinner there and was very disappointed. I had the 5 burger sampler and my wife had the crab cakes appetizer. We shared a salad.
My burgers were very dry and the buns I took off. The buns tasted like ones you would get from the grocery store. Since Zingermans is known for their bread I expected better. I could not tell the difference in any of the burgers. I did inform the server of this and she offered to obtain something else. I turned it down.
My wife's crab cakes were ok.
We like the ambiance of the bar and sat in it. The wine by the glass and beer on tap were both good. However, we will not go back there for a dinner again. There are just too many good restaurants in the area for dinner that are always dependable.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,070)

Reviewed July 23, 2014

What a memorable breakfast we recently had at Zingerman's Roadhouse in Ann Arbor! The service was prompt and friendly on a Monday morning. We had a delightful fruit plate - and phenomenal Georgia Grits and Bits Waffles - smoked bacon bits, authentic Michigan maple syrup, and a southern twist with grits and cheddar cheese in the batter! Add in a perfect latte and you have a simply wonderful experience!

Reviewed July 18, 2014

If you want a tasty BBQ Beef dinner with an amazing side of Roasted Summer Squash and homemade mashed potatoes while you're in Ann Harbor (or any other surrounding area such as Ypsilante), then Zingerman's Roadhouse is exactly where you need to be! I thought that I ordered the BBQ Beef ribs, so when the plate came out, I was a little disappointed. The waiter asked if I wanted him to take it back and prepare the meal that I actually meant to order, but since I didn't want to wait another second, i said "no." Boy oh boy, was I glad that I decided to keep that meal! The beef was absolutely amazing! It was tender and extremely tasty - one of the best beef dishes I've had in years. Oh, and the BBQ sauce was finger-licking good! I love squash, so when i went to take my first bite of the Roasted Summer Squash - I already knew that it would be awesome. However, I didn't know that it would taste like that! I wanted to raise out of my seat and do the Happy Dance! The entire meal, including the yummy homemade mashed potatoes, was one of the best meals I've had all year - no kidding!
Oh, the service was really slow - though there weren't many people in the restaurant. Well, maybe the waitress was new :-)

Reviewed July 16, 2014 via mobile

We have been here a few times and the food and service have been amazing. The mac and cheese is always my favorite part, but We are never been disappointed by anything we order. Don't miss this place if you're in the area.

Reviewed July 14, 2014

Excellent food fresh from farm to table. Home baked breads, and eclectic style make this restaurant a must visit in my opinion.