“Okay food, but they aim to please!”

Zingerman's Roadhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Zingerman's Roadhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 591 Restaurants in Ann Arbor
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Kids, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Maple Road
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Okay food, but they aim to please!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 24, 2013

I was in town to visit family and we decided to dine here. The food was okay, half of the orders were wrong or not what was expected. Three meals were sent back and they asked if there was something we would like instead. Although they provided us with a second meal, even that was just par. They were very apologetic, and actually sent us home with vouchers to come back and eat. (We didn't use them because we're never up in that area.) However, a couple weeks later, we received a coffee cake from their bakery-which was FABULOUS!

Overall, I thought the price was too high for the food. I probably won't return the next time I go up.

• Visited October 2013

“Good food, but...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2013

We ate here in June, 2013 and enjoyed the food and the atmosphere. So for Thanksgiving, we decided to order Thanksgiving-to-go. On November 26, we went to their "Roadshow" (drive-thru) and picked up our order. Nice and fast! Tobie placed the food in our trunk, and we didn't even have to get out of the car.

However, upon arrival at home, we discovered that the food we received was not our order. We promptly drove back to correct the problem. I spoke to Tobie again, and she said that there was another order with the same name. However, it was not exactly the same name, When we picked up the order the first time, we had only given our last name. Apparently our last name was the same as the first name on the other order! Why didn't she confirm our full name and order contents?? Wait, there's more...the cost of our order was more than the first, incorrect order. I had no problem with paying the extra. But instead of Zingerman's issuing a credit and charging me for the correct amount, I was told that the first charge was not processed, so I did not receive a credit, only another charge for my order. I questioned this repeatedly with both Tobie and Zack (I was told he was the manager), and was assured that the first charge did not go through. Guess what, I received my credit card statement a few days ago, and found that BOTH charges were processed! I promptly called Zingerman's, spoke to Carly, and the problem was corrected. I just checked my account online, and the credit has been processed.

So I suppose the bottom line for me while the turkey was delicious, I will keep an eye on the charges from Zingerman's. Good food, poor service - balances out to 3 stars.

• Visited November 2013
Southern Illinois
“Delicious but pricey.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2013

We celebrated our daughter's graduation from the University of Michigan with a family dinner at Zingerman's. The service was excellent and knowledgeable. The food was very good but rather pricey. Rustic atmosphere and friendly staff.

• Visited December 2013
Farmington, MI
“Terrible - Even with Reservations”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

This restaurant was an extreme disappointment. We made reservations well in advance for a large group. We called the day before to reconfirm the exact time and number in our party and were assured that we were all set. The day of our big event I received a voice-mail from the restaurant asking where we were (they did not communicate the time change to their staff?). When we did arrive I was told to "go right on in, your party is already here". I went in and did not see anyone I recognized. Our group was finally seated in a makeshift table in the middle of the room and we literally had 3 inches on either side of the table. Very uncomfortable for us as well as the neighboring tables and wait staff. Food was mediocre. We will never return.

Visited December 2013
Fairfax, Virginia
“Great Service and Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2013

Excellent restaurant for a large group. Service was friendly, attentive and entertaining. Food was fabulous.

• Visited December 2013