“Delicious but pricey.”

Zingerman's Roadhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Zingerman's Roadhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 600 Restaurants in Ann Arbor
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Maple Road
Reviewed December 18, 2013

We celebrated our daughter's graduation from the University of Michigan with a family dinner at Zingerman's. The service was excellent and knowledgeable. The food was very good but rather pricey. Rustic atmosphere and friendly staff.

There are newer reviews for Zingerman's Roadhouse

Reviewed December 17, 2013

This restaurant was an extreme disappointment. We made reservations well in advance for a large group. We called the day before to reconfirm the exact time and number in our party and were assured that we were all set. The day of our big event I received a voice-mail from the restaurant asking where we were (they did not communicate the time change to their staff?). When we did arrive I was told to "go right on in, your party is already here". I went in and did not see anyone I recognized. Our group was finally seated in a makeshift table in the middle of the room and we literally had 3 inches on either side of the table. Very uncomfortable for us as well as the neighboring tables and wait staff. Food was mediocre. We will never return.

1  Thank myxbze
Reviewed December 9, 2013

Excellent restaurant for a large group. Service was friendly, attentive and entertaining. Food was fabulous.

Reviewed December 8, 2013

We were in Ann Arbor for a very short stay and were looking for some place local to eat. Zingerman's Road House was recommended and we had a very good meal. We were told ahead of time that there would probably be a wait (it popular) and it would not be cheap. When we arrived we were told it would be an hour wait. Indecision - wait or not. While we were deciding we asked about bar seating - it's first come first served. We saw that several people were getting ready to leave, so we hovered around them and scored 2 seats. Our seats looked into the kitchen area and we were entertained through the whole meal watching the cooks and servers (man they move fast!). Our waitress was there when we needed her and helpful with suggestions. The food was really good. I recommend this place - but do yourself a favor and call ahead for reservations.

Reviewed November 27, 2013 via mobile

It's Zingerman's, so know in advance its overpriced. That being said, the food is very good. I had the pulled pork sliders which were slightly dry but still good. My wife had a grilled cheese, which was disappointing in the end. I think that was mainly because the thick bread and lightly melted cheese is to be paired with soup, but she didn't want any soup. My daughter had the pulled chicken sandwich and she loved it, so take that fwiw.

For the three of us our bill came out to $48, which was a bit steep for three sandwiches, but I expected that going in. It's a good menu with some house specialties which they are known for.

It should be said that our server, Alex, was tremendous. He knew the menu front and back and really wanted to make sure we had a good experience, which we did. The staff helped with my cousin's rambunctious two year old, keeping him happy. They truly went above and beyond.

I would reccomend a visit, but I'll temper my expectations only slightly next time in regard to the food and affordability.