“A good local meal”

Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Maple Road
Reviewed December 8, 2013

We were in Ann Arbor for a very short stay and were looking for some place local to eat. Zingerman's Road House was recommended and we had a very good meal. We were told ahead of time that there would probably be a wait (it popular) and it would not be cheap. When we arrived we were told it would be an hour wait. Indecision - wait or not. While we were deciding we asked about bar seating - it's first come first served. We saw that several people were getting ready to leave, so we hovered around them and scored 2 seats. Our seats looked into the kitchen area and we were entertained through the whole meal watching the cooks and servers (man they move fast!). Our waitress was there when we needed her and helpful with suggestions. The food was really good. I recommend this place - but do yourself a favor and call ahead for reservations.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,069)

Reviewed November 27, 2013 via mobile

It's Zingerman's, so know in advance its overpriced. That being said, the food is very good. I had the pulled pork sliders which were slightly dry but still good. My wife had a grilled cheese, which was disappointing in the end. I think that was mainly because the thick bread and lightly melted cheese is to be paired with soup, but she didn't want any soup. My daughter had the pulled chicken sandwich and she loved it, so take that fwiw.

For the three of us our bill came out to $48, which was a bit steep for three sandwiches, but I expected that going in. It's a good menu with some house specialties which they are known for.

It should be said that our server, Alex, was tremendous. He knew the menu front and back and really wanted to make sure we had a good experience, which we did. The staff helped with my cousin's rambunctious two year old, keeping him happy. They truly went above and beyond.

I would reccomend a visit, but I'll temper my expectations only slightly next time in regard to the food and affordability.

Reviewed November 25, 2013

I love Mac and Cheese and I stopped here specifically for that. I was told they have the best mac and cheese. It was not worth the trip. It was a little on the bland side. so if you are coming for the mac and cheese...don't waste your time.

Reviewed November 24, 2013

I have had breakfast, lunch, and dinner here multiple times and it is always excellent. The food is home cooked and the service is always great.

Reviewed November 23, 2013

The Roadhouse is incredible! It is expensive, but the portions are huge, easily allowing you to split one in half. Additionally, free refills on appetizers and bread. But the best part is that everything is organic, local and prepared fresh. I had not tasted REAL butter before I came to the Roadhouse. The service is equally good - they attend to your every need, even let you sample whatever dish you are thinking of getting. It is simply an Ann Arbor delicacy you can't miss!